SWAT - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SWAT

2010 PPPD SWAT Plater Haters Ball

Quote Originally Posted by A6
    Of course we’re going to take those two. We need bodies. There has been a precedence set in earlier tryouts that we will take anyone. How could they not be successful? We catered the tryout to conform to their variable standard of performance instead of making them conform to our standard. Those two were average at best; embarrassing on the range (where it counts), but otherwise average. But we will bring them on because we need personnel. I didn’t say good personnel, but that’s another story.

The leadership, and I use that term loosely, has created somewhat of a mockery of this team. Instead of being an elite group of operators, we have morphed ourselves into the peanut gallery of sorts. Our leadership has walked us around in circles for no other purpose other than to walk in circles. They give no guidance, no discipline, and talk more about what we should be doing, than actually do what we should be doing. And it starts right at the top and trickles down from there. Our training coordinator is more afraid of his own shadow than Punxsutawney Phil, which makes him easy to influence. Our senior team leader is more infamous from his drunken tirades and his alleged role in the defense of Grenada than actually leading our teams. The other three just follow his lead; they really don’t have a choice. We have lacked real leadership in several years and it shows every fourth Thursday. It is apparent in our briefings, it is obvious in the van, and it was present in our most recent personnel selections. Real leadership would have addressed the village idiot when he left his AR in the field. They would have addressed the same moron when he threw his musket over a fence before he actually climbed the fence in an attempt to locate a fleeing felon (I love that story). And with a true leadership in place, there is no way in Hades we would have replaced one of the most controversial members of our support staff with another more controversial member, sight unseen, without even as much of a tryout, or a “what do you guys think?” from the other team members.

This team, my team, should be the pride of our department. It’s very unfortunate, but the current regime has created a group of operators that are more of a liability than an asset.

Of course we are going to take them. The ship has sunk, but we need more members to play in the band, even if no one is listening.
    I can spot a disgruntled EX team member post from 1000 yards away. Nice try.

Re: 2010 PPPD SWAT Plater Haters Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Doubt it
    I can spot a disgruntled EX team member post from 1000 yards away. Nice try.
    1) Disgruntled, 2) Ex, 3) 1000 yards away

Guilty on all accounts. Boy you flyboys are good!

Re: SWAT

Admiral Koxinga referring to:

"Admiral Koxinga called Taiwan Tungtu/Dongdu. It has been called in western histories the Kingdom of Taiwan..."

"Hey Buddy", everyone has access to Wikipedia. Pretty witty though. Read up on your ancestor "General Nathan Bedford Forrest" at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forrest

Quote Originally Posted by General Nathan Bedford Forrest
    Admiral Koxinga referring to:

"Admiral Koxinga called Taiwan Tungtu/Dongdu. It has been called in western histories the Kingdom of Taiwan..."

"Hey Buddy", everyone has access to Wikipedia. Pretty witty though. Read up on your ancestor "General Nathan Bedford Forrest" at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forrest
    F-off moron. You can't even post a link on here correctly, Einstein. :roll:

Lightbulb Re: SWAT

i claim shenanigans! complaining about what should be done and what is lacking is a detriment to the PD. the leadership IS what it is, and sometimes, the cards you're delt is the hand you gotta play with even if you don't like 'em, otherwise you gotta fold---meaning just grin and bear it or just say uncle. demeaning the individuals that tried out serves no purpose. those two guys share the same desire and commitment to duty and excellence as any GOOD officer that is SWAT or not.
    we're all family....and like any family, there's gonna be griping and whining and so on. but in the end, when all the tears are wiped and the boo boos are kissed, we're still family. I CONGRATULATE ALL THE INDIVIDUALS THAT TRIED OUT FOR SWAT--REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME. Stepping up and going for it is always commendable in my book!

why do so many people here hate swat? i really want to know everyone opinion.

Let me just warn all of you that anyone who says anything negative about SWAT is a sissy and a coward who doesnt have the manhood to make the team of elite warriors.

NIce, this is fun. Almost like history class. Is this who posted the previous message?

"Pomponio Algerio (1531, Nola – 22 August 1556, Rome) was a civil law student at the University of Padua whose radical theological beliefs attracted the attention of the Roman Inquisition. At his trial, he wore his academic hat and gown to remind the tribunal that, as a student, he has the right to freely express his ideas. From the transcript of Pomponio Algerio at his trial:

"I say that the Church deviates from the truth in so far as it says that a man could not do anything in any way good on his own, since nothing praiseworthy can proceed from our corrupt infected nature except to the extent that the lord God gives us his grace... the Roman Catholic Church is a particular Church and no Christian should restrict himself to any particular Church. This Church deviates in many things from truth."
    After refusing to conform to Church doctrine, he was sentenced to prison and asked to reconsider his beliefs. After a year behind bars, he still refused to reconsider. Because Venetian authorities would not consent to an execution, Pope Paul IV sent officials to extradite Pomponio to Rome. In Rome, on August 21, 1555, a monk from the brotherhood of St John the Beheaded visited Pomponio in his cell urging him to repent. If he repented, he would be strangled before burning. The 24 year old student refused.

One year later, on August 22, 1556, he was executed by civil authorities in the Piazza Navona. Maintaining his composure while he was boiled in oil, he stayed alive for 15 minutes before dying."

You went from KKK member to matyr. WOW. What's in store for tomorrow???????

What ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pomponiolo
    Let me just warn all of you that anyone who says anything negative about SWAT is a sissy and a coward who doesnt have the manhood to make the team of elite warriors.
    elite...what?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast