SWAT
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SWAT

SWAT

So who got SWAT. Did either of them even finish. Between the kid with the mouth and the veteran who is out of shape I would be surprised if either one made it.

Re: SWAT

Way to encourage....then again...didn't see your butt out there...

If you are that curious why don't you ask them?

wait

which one is the out of shape one

Of course we’re going to take those two. We need bodies. There has been a precedence set in earlier tryouts that we will take anyone. How could they not be successful? We catered the tryout to conform to their variable standard of performance instead of making them conform to our standard. Those two were average at best; embarrassing on the range (where it counts), but otherwise average. But we will bring them on because we need personnel. I didn’t say good personnel, but that’s another story.

The leadership, and I use that term loosely, has created somewhat of a mockery of this team. Instead of being an elite group of operators, we have morphed ourselves into the peanut gallery of sorts. Our leadership has walked us around in circles for no other purpose other than to walk in circles. They give no guidance, no discipline, and talk more about what we should be doing, than actually do what we should be doing. And it starts right at the top and trickles down from there. Our training coordinator is more afraid of his own shadow than Punxsutawney Phil, which makes him easy to influence. Our senior team leader is more infamous from his drunken tirades and his alleged role in the defense of Grenada than actually leading our teams. The other three just follow his lead; they really don’t have a choice. We have lacked real leadership in several years and it shows every fourth Thursday. It is apparent in our briefings, it is obvious in the van, and it was present in our most recent personnel selections. Real leadership would have addressed the village idiot when he left his AR in the field. They would have addressed the same moron when he threw his musket over a fence before he actually climbed the fence in an attempt to locate a fleeing felon (I love that story). And with a true leadership in place, there is no way in Hades we would have replaced one of the most controversial members of our support staff with another more controversial member, sight unseen, without even as much of a tryout, or a “what do you guys think?” from the other team members.

This team, my team, should be the pride of our department. It’s very unfortunate, but the current regime has created a group of operators that are more of a liability than an asset.

Of course we are going to take them. The ship has sunk, but we need more members to play in the band, even if no one is listening.

Don't kid yourselves. The "team"
    has always been mediocre. I

mean come on.
    You had 333 for a while. We all

Know how "elite" he was.

Now you have the 440's and the like.
    There is nothing elite about you.
    The #2 man is never around and
    only three of the four leaders are
    leaders. As for the two

Trying out, WOW. One hundred

officers and you get those two.

If you feel or felt that strongly

and you are as "elite" as you

think you are then speak up.

Why conform to fit the needs of

those trying out. How about

running short with the "elite"

then being full with "the

average"? I wish I were as

"elite" as you think you are. You

only have two or three "in

shape" guys on the team and

only one is a cop. I mean come

on.

Quote Originally Posted by A6
    Of course we’re going to take those two. We need bodies. There has been a precedence set in earlier tryouts that we will take anyone. How could they not be successful? We catered the tryout to conform to their variable standard of performance instead of making them conform to our standard. Those two were average at best; embarrassing on the range (where it counts), but otherwise average. But we will bring them on because we need personnel. I didn’t say good personnel, but that’s another story.

The leadership, and I use that term loosely, has created somewhat of a mockery of this team. Instead of being an elite group of operators, we have morphed ourselves into the peanut gallery of sorts. Our leadership has walked us around in circles for no other purpose other than to walk in circles. They give no guidance, no discipline, and talk more about what we should be doing, than actually do what we should be doing. And it starts right at the top and trickles down from there. Our training coordinator is more afraid of his own shadow than Punxsutawney Phil, which makes him easy to influence. Our senior team leader is more infamous from his drunken tirades and his alleged role in the defense of Grenada than actually leading our teams. The other three just follow his lead; they really don’t have a choice. We have lacked real leadership in several years and it shows every fourth Thursday. It is apparent in our briefings, it is obvious in the van, and it was present in our most recent personnel selections. Real leadership would have addressed the village idiot when he left his AR in the field. They would have addressed the same moron when he threw his musket over a fence before he actually climbed the fence in an attempt to locate a fleeing felon (I love that story). And with a true leadership in place, there is no way in Hades we would have replaced one of the most controversial members of our support staff with another more controversial member, sight unseen, without even as much of a tryout, or a “what do you guys think?” from the other team members.

This team, my team, should be the pride of our department. It’s very unfortunate, but the current regime has created a group of operators that are more of a liability than an asset.

Of course we are going to take them. The ship has sunk, but we need more members to play in the band, even if no one is listening.
    We've all heard you use the same phrases over and over in person so your identity is something you obviously were not trying to hide. The most honorable thing you could do now would be to resign before "something" has to "occur" to force you out.

You have brought disgrace and dishonor to the brotherhood of operators.

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by do yourself the ultimate honor
    We've all heard you use the same phrases over and over in person so your identity is something you obviously were not trying to hide. The most honorable thing you could do now would be to resign before "something" has to "occur" to force you out.

[/quote]

So if I understand this correctly, only one person in our entire department has said these "phrases" over and over? I hate to pull your head out of the sand, but:
    I'm not SWAT, never wanted to be. But I have friends that are on "the team" and have heard their frustrations. I've heard the references to the groundhog and the various inebriated stories of elaborate military experiences, those were topics in read-off when he actually had some rank and self-absorbed respect. “the team’s” frustration is a frequent topic of discussion at 58's, the reports room, and 56's. So much for your canon of secrecy (or is it sorcery?). So which of the sixty or so have-nots do you wish to resign?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If you are that curious why don't you ask them?
    Have you ever tried to hold a conversation with one of our "chosen" from Elitickstan?

Quote Originally Posted by do yourself the ultimate honor
    The most honorable thing you could do now would be to resign before "something" has to "occur" to force you out.

You sir have done more damage to your little army of elitists with your own words. You have reaffirmed what everyone else always thought of your little warriors. I really feel bad for the good people that are stuck on that team with you. You have single-handedly brought shame to your comrades through empty fear-based retaliatory tactics.

Fall on your sword, my friend, while you still have a smidgeon of dignity left.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast