Kingergarden Cops
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kingergarden Cops

Just wondering if any other agency's let their very young trainee officers do solo work after a whopping 4 weeks of FTO training? I may be wrong here, and I'm sure the whole group of new officers are seasoned veterans.

Just find it odd that with as careful and concerned we are about "liability", we're willing to give a kid fresh out of the academy a car and a gun, send him out solo, and work along side federal agents representing us.

Re: Kingergarden Cops

This is too funny.
    Well it's a good thing we did not send you. You can't even spell Kindergarten. It sounds like someone is jealous and wanted to show off in front of the Feds. Don't worry though, I am sure it came down between you and the "Kindergarden Cop"(it is actually spelled Kindergarten; watch type it in and see that there are not any red lines underneath it) and they had to sit long and hard too decide which one should fill the position for the Super Secret Superbowl Task Force, when they realized you would have embarrassed the crap out of us.

What is your problem with this guy? What you could not get hired at a young age? Better yet, you are one of those disgruntled old guys that has no more than 5 years on and will not be able to retire until your 60's. Now that I think about it, that makes a whole lot of sense.

I guarantee this kid is going to save your arse one day.

someones feeling touchy about not getting picked to play patty cake with the feds

Haha excelent. But I somewhat agree. We all had to pay our dues and be the "scum" on FTO. Guess thats changing. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Hater Police
    This is too funny.
    Well it's a good thing we did not send you. You can't even spell Kindergarten. It sounds like someone is jealous and wanted to show off in front of the Feds. Don't worry though, I am sure it came down between you and the "Kindergarden Cop"(it is actually spelled Kindergarten; watch type it in and see that there are not any red lines underneath it) and they had to sit long and hard too decide which one should fill the position for the Super Secret Superbowl Task Force, when they realized you would have embarrassed the crap out of us.

What is your problem with this guy? What you could not get hired at a young age? Better yet, you are one of those disgruntled old guys that has no more than 5 years on and will not be able to retire until your 60's. Now that I think about it, that makes a whole lot of sense.

I guarantee this kid is going to save your arse one day.
    Listen JP, it's obvious that this response was written by someone who took it personally. Why don't you just sit there quietly, do your job and earn our respect with your actions? MAYBE the stuff that is said about you is unfair, but responding with a childish post only validates what most people already feel. This is at least the second time that you have done this, and we all know it.

Like a previous poster alluded too, new guys have to take their lumps. Be patient. You won't be the kid forever. But right now, you still are. Be humble and keep things in perspective. Otherwise, you are going to be in for a rough ride.

Yeah the kid definitely needs to earn his keep, but Guest this definitely is not the place for this topic. Bottom line is he is your co-worker, deal with it.

Or go to the hospital, im sure you can get a job doing security there. Prob be better fit there.

Hey heard that the new run of "kids" comming into our agency didnt have to get tasered? Is there any truth to this? Are they just untouchable or what?

Quote Originally Posted by 25oldtimer1
    Hey heard that the new run of "kids" comming into our agency didnt have to get tasered? Is there any truth to this? Are they just untouchable or what?
    They sound like future admin. candidates to me. This city is only keeping up with the norm.
    Currently , 2 years of "experience" make you elligible to be a sergeant.
    College degrees and testing ability allow you to out-rank the more qualified candidates (true leaders). No one really cares if you've slept on duty for the last year and a half.
    Once you're a Captain, you're handed a gas guzzling SUV or an 8 cylinder car that only takes you from home to the station, and then to Scruby's, and back. You're given an office that takes away space needed by road patrol but who cares? Three or four walls to hang your precious commendations, hats, accolades, or newspaper articles is more important. Once you've been here a whopping 8 years (plus), you have the oppotunity to become an assistant Chief. Once you're at this point you will only have to compliment other Chief's on their ties, figure out where to eat for lunch, or delegate, delegate and delegate what's been asked of you. This delegating will only free up time for you to pick out the proper counter tops, floors, cabinets, tile, etc. in your newly constructed houses funded by tax payers.
    With the above, I've only pointed out how things are now and how people are willing to do anything just to move up in rank at any cost just to get a bigger paycheck and have some authority. Considering most of them have probably caught a beating their entire lives, the authority aspect is probably what they strive for the most. I don't believe that any one of these new candidates refused or would refuse to be tased. In fact, I think they would want to be tased, but for whatever reason, our department has decided against it. Our Chiefs may have decided not to do this because of a "leadership" course they took, or have come to the realization that they should lead by example (they don't want to be tased). Whatever the reason, they're only breeding leaders worse than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by 25oldtimer1
    I've also heard the same thing. Except I heard it was because someone was "scared", and just happened to know or even be related to the right people. A few phone calls were made, and once again magically this agency changed it's policy all of a sudden to accomidate this new group.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast