"POLICE"?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "POLICE"?

"POLICE"?

I saw a marked DEP SUV northbound on SR-9A today, and the markings on the side and rear said "POLICE." I thought they used to say "State Officer" or something like that. When and why the change?

Re: "POLICE"?

"Intergalactic enforcer making sure you paid park entry fee and keep your dogs on a leash" - wouldn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by So Fla Trooper
    I saw a marked DEP SUV northbound on SR-9A today, and the markings on the side and rear said "POLICE." I thought they used to say "State Officer" or something like that. When and why the change?
    Decal shops charge by the letter. POLICE is half the price of STATE OFFICER. Every dime counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by So Fla Trooper
    Decal shops charge by the letter. POLICE is half the price of STATE OFFICER. Every dime counts.
    Lordy, you HAVE to be a state employee with an answer like that. Good one.

"Intergalactic enforcer making sure you paid park entry fee and keep your dogs on a leash" - wouldn't fit.
    That's funny right there I don't care who you are!

People recognize the word "Police" better than they do "State Officer." The fact is: DEP law enforcement officers ARE Police. 'Nuff said.

People recognize the word "Police" better than they do "State Officer." The fact is: DEP law enforcement officers ARE Police. 'Nuff said.

Until crime happens....then they t39 to S.O. or P.D.

My observation is that DEP officers in the Jacksonville area always seem to be taking someone to jail. I would dare say I hear them on the radio arrest more people than FHP. However, I am not sure if they have CAD capability and may call everything in, so that may be why. Of course, I couldn't say how the JAX area DEP officers compare with the rest of the DEP officers in the state. I know I heard one arrest a DUI a few days ago and another arrest a habitual traffic offender the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Block
    My observation is that DEP officers in the Jacksonville area always seem to be taking someone to jail. I would dare say I hear them on the radio arrest more people than FHP. However, I am not sure if they have CAD capability and may call everything in, so that may be why. Of course, I couldn't say how the JAX area DEP officers compare with the rest of the DEP officers in the state. I know I heard one arrest a DUI a few days ago and another arrest a habitual traffic offender the other day.

JAX are far better than the most apparently. :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Block
    We do have CAD and only call in the Hinky Stuff over the radio.

B safe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast