ARREST
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARREST

ARREST

Good Job Miami Gardens for arresting an officers mother from NMBPD for a 1 suspension on her license. I would think with all the crap that goes on over there you guys would have more to do than to bother and arrest an old lady for DWLS with 1 suspension and then have her son, the PO from NMBPD come pick her up. Good job on keeping the blue line, obviously you do not care about it. But, you know what they say, what goes around comes around. Good Job!!!

Re: ARREST

Just wanted to say on behalf of the MGPD we do apologize for the idiot that made that arrest; I am not sure what the circumstances were on scene, but I personally would not issued the citation/PTA. Understand the majority of us (99%) here at the MGPD bleed blue and the other disgruntled (1%) will be weeded out eventually. We (MGPD) hold true to the "thin blue line" brother! That officer's decision is not a reflection of our entire department.

For the most part, all the Miami-Dade County agencies have encouraged us on from start up and up to this point; we thank you for the motivation and support thus far. Remember one officer's action/decision is not a reflection of an entire department and its officers; we must not let one officer's decision ruin a brotherhood.

Be safe brothers and sisters (Thin Blue Line for life!!!) :cop:

Respectfully MGPD

Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE123
    Good Job Miami Gardens for arresting an officers mother from NMBPD for a 1 suspension on her license. I would think with all the crap that goes on over there you guys would have more to do than to bother and arrest an old lady for DWLS with 1 suspension and then have her son, the PO from NMBPD come pick her up. Good job on keeping the blue line, obviously you do not care about it. But, you know what they say, what goes around comes around. Good Job!!!
    When did this happen and who was the officer?

The officer's name is Pato Pascual and it happened half past the monkey's azszszs.

Why was the driver's license suspended? Was she driving with knowledge or without knowledge? Did the MGPD Officer made a physical arrest or gave her a PTA? Anyways, just because she is the mother of a LEO that doesn't mean she has special privelage to drive with her license suspended. She suspose to set the example. Besides, who considers NMBPD a real deparment? Half of their force is useless. :devil:

You call yourself "Another thin blue line brother"??? Please. Your ignorance and arrogance toward our brothers in NMB is sickening. Im ashamed to work among someone with such a sinister attitude toward other cops. In the future maybe you should re-direct your criticisim toward the criminals, not cops and their families.

On the behalf of MGPD, im sorry for this poster's comments. He/she is either a rookie or not a cop at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Thin Blue Line Brother
    Why was the driver's license suspended? Was she driving with knowledge or without knowledge? Did the MGPD Officer made a physical arrest or gave her a PTA? Anyways, just because she is the mother of a LEO that doesn't mean she has special privelage to drive with her license suspended. She suspose to set the example. Besides, who considers NMBPD a real deparment? Half of their force is useless. :devil:

What is it with you fellow officers? The law is the law. If someone breaks the law, we are there to enforce it. No ifs and or buts and about it. If that Miami Gardens Police Officer cited the lady for driving with a suspended license, then he or she did the right thing. Just because someone's close relative has broken the law, that doesn't give them any better treatment than Joe's mom being stopped for taking a red light.

The law is the law is the law? So you must be a saint, right? You never roll a stop sign or speed? I doubt it. Dont tell me you wouldnt appreciate a courtesy from another officer to let you or your mother off the hook if the situation were reversed?

There is a reason we look out for one another. And that's because nobody else will. We have discretion for a reason. Sometimes the "law is the law" isn't always the answer.

There is no good reason to create animosity between another agency over a simple traffic violation. Had the officer who made this stop simply told the woman, who apparently had a clean record, to correct the problem and make a phone call to her son, that would have likely corrected the problem without creating the animosity that now exists.

In the end it does more harm than good when we hammer other cops and their family for petty, victimless traffic violations. Its not worth it. We need to have camaraderie and a good working relationship so that we can work effectively together. This silly traffic ticket only makes that task more difficult.

That being said, I can't tell you how many times I have let Joe or Jane citizen off the hook for a suspended DL. I use common sense and good judgment. Hammering people isn't always the most effective way for us to do our jobs. In fact, its often counter productive, as in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Blue Line.
    What is it with you fellow officers? The law is the law. If someone breaks the law, we are there to enforce it. No ifs and or buts and about it. If that Miami Gardens Police Officer cited the lady for driving with a suspended license, then he or she did the right thing. Just because someone's close relative has broken the law, that doesn't give them any better treatment than Joe's mom being stopped for taking a red light.

Ok, this is what really happened. The Officer's mother was stopped for her window tint being to dark, which was her son's vehicle (NMBPD Officer). The Officer was an A-Hole off the bat making this lady cry, threatening to take her to jail for one suspension, YES 1 SUSPENSION. She had a suspension for failure to pay, which she thought she payed, but never at any point did she admit to having knowledge that her license was suspended. This lady has never been in any trouble EVER and her son his a fellow Officer like yourselves...knowing this, the Officer continued to threaten to take her to jail and made her call her son to the scene. Her son (NMBPD OFFICER) arrived and met with the Officer. The Officer asked him to explain the A FORM to his mother, since she spoke very little english. Can you imagine driving to where your mother is pulled over, seeing her crying and explaining an A FORM to your mother for one suspension, especially a no- knowledge suspension, from which I remember is NOT arrestable. Come on, give me a f--king break!!!! Some of you say the law is the law no matter what! right? Well i know damn well that if it was your Chief's wife you got stopped for illegal tint and one suspension without knowledge, not only would you let her go, but you would tell her to have a nice day! If you sit here and say that you would cite her or 39 her then your a f--king liar.... if you feel your not a liar then please post your name so that we can all know what an ASS-H$LE YOU ARE!!! This is not directed to all of MGPD, you all do a great job. This is directed to Officer Vanderhayden who made the great arrest. Keep the Blue Line alive..God Bless all of you.

WOW!

WTF?!?!?!?!?
    I would have been so pissed! How many fuccking mopes have ""WE"" let go??? HOW MANY?
    TONS!

i can't believe this guy didn't use any discretion whatsoever....
    especially for a viejita with DWLS w/o knowledge....

i respect MGPD and NMBPD...and every brother that wears the shield... but this kinds shiit makes me sick! Please...someone needs to speak with that dude....or his career is gonna be very short.

Stay safe my brothers....Thin Blue Line 100%
    (((i hope she takes that ticket/pta to court....& get a new DL.....it will get dropped)))

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast