Not fit for the position

Not fit for the position

I cant understand why the Command Staff at Hall Co. exists.. A Bunch of Good Ole Boys trying to play Police.
    Uniform Patrol Captain, you should just step down and save this Agency some embarrasment. You know you dont deserve your position and you should know you have no respect from your subordinates. The only reason you exist is because your incompitent friend made you a Capt. Do the Honorable thing and step down!!!! Allow a more Compitent individual take your place and make the Patrol Division a place to be proud of.... THe Command Staff of this Agency is slowly killing the existence of the HAll Co. S.O.

WHY CANT YOU SEE THE PROBLEMS SHERIFF,, EVERYONE ELSE DOES... OPEN YOUR EYES and MAYBE, JUST MAYBE YOU WILL SEE THE LIGHT... (All we want is to believe in our AGENCY and to be respected as EQUALS).... :cop:

Re: Not fit for the position

I agree fully. There is no one that has any respect for the command staff, except those inside the inner circle. The only reason people haven't begun leaving already is most agencies are currently under a hiring freeze.

I agree. The current command staff is nothing more than a bunch of bullies that seek to protect those that are in their "click", even if it means breaking the rules, and squash those who dare to question their decisions. I have heard so many citizens and people from other agencies mock our patrol division commander. It is embarrassing and yet I can't voice my opinion in fear of being punished. We want to be proud and brag about our agency, not ashamed to say that is where we work!

When is the next election? Any ideas on a new Sheriff? If there is some one running that is more concerned about the troops and less concerned about the politics, would you back him or her? Is your Chief running? Do you want someone in the current admin or are you ready for a complete change?

So far there are several rumored to be running. There is a rumor that the colonel is running. That is NOT what we need. It will be more of the same and worse. The ENTIRE commandless staff needs to go. That is the only way the department can move forward.

This is the norm folks at most Georgia Sheriff's Offices. Every 4 years the hard working line deputies and investigators risk having their world turned upside down. There are always a few in a department that use politics to screw and back stab their way up the ladder. It amazes me how some cops will go out of their way to screw other cops for a promotion.
    I worked for a medium size SO for a few years and left for a large county police. Sure you have the same crap but we are protected by things like promotion exams. You dont make Sgt. or Lt. unless you have shown a history that deserves it and actually know the job. At an SO ive seen people fired by one sheriff for doing things that would have gotten any officer in my agency arrested then brought back by a new sheriff and given a command position with ZERO supervisory or even real police experience.
    I know a few very fine Sheriff's in GA, that run great departments, and are wondeful places to work. But why try and do 25 years there when in 4 years some idiot can get elected and ruin the place. Seen it too many times to work for an SO in Georgia. I think Clayton County has to be the worst example, i'm sure you all remember.

SO's are hard to work for because you never know when an unfit Sheriff will get the job. Such is the case now. I don't know how we have survived this long with him and his croonies running things. Not one member of this current command staff will ever have my respect. They have not earned even one ounce. The entire command staff is corrupt and do nothing but look out for each others well being. They care nothing about the average street deputy that puts his/her life on the line day in and day out.
    Everyone of us MUST make an effort to ensure Jeff Strickland does not get elected in this next election. It is time for change and we must have it if we are to survive. I will do everything in my power to see the right Strickland get elected. Yes thats right JOHN STRICKLAND will be our next Sheiff. He is a man of integrity and will make us all proud to work for this agency once he's given that opportunity. As someone else said in another post, he has walked in the same boots we now stand in. He knows how to bring pride and respect back to Hall County Sheriffs Office.
    Look at the difference between the Strickland candidates. JOHN STRICKLAND has command presence and is well respected in community. He calls it as he see's it. Jeff Strickland on the other hand...well just look at him. Enough said...That is not the type of leader I want in front of a camera representing this agency. We must all work very hard over the next couple of years to ensure the right Strickland is elected. GO JOHN!!!

Do I smell a BREATH OF FRESH AIR coming to Hall County! About F.. ing time !