Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #2

I really want to work for TPD or HCSO, but I have a personal problem.

What happens if you are working and you have do #2? Are you allowed to drive home to use the bathroom? Sometimes I have some really close calls due to this phobia.

I have a phobia of doing #2 in public bathrooms. I would like to be able to go home to use the bathroom then return to the area I was working. You work with other close by Officers right, so they could cover for you?

Will this affect my chances getting hired with TPD or HCSO? I plan to be totally honest with background investigators.

Thanks for your understanding.

Re: #2

I remember when I was in FTO, my FTO and I met up with one of his former trainees at a local chinese buffet for lunch. Thank god it was a fairly quiet evening, because it wasn't too long after, that I had to use the restroom. I was trying to hint to my FTO that I needed to go to the precinct without coming out and telling him that I was about to sh*t my pants. I think he understood, because he seemed to be in a hurry too. I just couldn't imagine if it had been a busy night and trying to hold it between calls. Good luck to the original poster with the long hiring process.

Unless you live really close to or in your patrol zone, you are gonna have to get over your phobia. Otherwise you are gonn ahave to shit yourself. :lol:

Lightbulb Re: #2

Join the FOP which has clean restrooms or go to your district.

Let's ask the person, who might have the right answer for you...

Dear Mayor and staff:

Are you planing to also take our #2 benefit,which allow us to go wherever we like or are you going to leave it as it is?

Maybe we could use the clean bathrooms within her expensive projecs.
    Are they going to be safe to use or is it only going to be for the homeless people?

You should be getting an answer soon...

Police work is a dirty job. If you are serious about the fear of using public toilets, you prob should reconsider your decision to be a LEO. If you are afraid to get down and dirty, you will never make it anyway. Once you start dealing with the "dirty" public, the cleanliness of your toilet will be the least of your problems. That's why they make hand sanitizer, latex gloves, and a$$ gaskets (you know the paper rings that are sometimes provided to put on the toilet seat). You flush them down when done just like the city is about to do with our step plan.

Years ago I was working for a small city PD that had recently annexed a stretch of highway that was outside of the city and at least ten minutes from the nearest convenience store. It was the midnight shift and I had just finished eating lunch at the local Denny's, which I think back and realize was mistake #1. I remember exactly what I had ordered: Moons over my Hammy with a side of greasy hash browns, mistakes #2 and #3. Well, somewhere in the back of my head I knew it was a bad idea, but I had just received my Laser certification and I was eager to go hit the above mentioned stretch of highway to put my laser and pen to use. I drove up and down the highway and found the perfect spot to set up in the median to check both East and West bound traffic. I park the patrol car, pull out the laser, and all of a sudden it hit me. I have to take a S#%t. I made a quick calculation and realized the closest bathroom is the PD which was at least 12 miles away. I put the car in gear and next thing I know I'm running code to try to make it to the PD. I didn't get 3 miles when I realized I wasn't gonna make it so I made a quick decision to pull into a new housing subdivision that was in the early stages of construction. I figured there had to be a port-o-potty somewhere. I drove around for a quick minute but couldn't find a port-o-potty. I stopped the car at a cul-de-sac, grabbed a stack of napkins that the previously assigned officer kept in the middle console, jumped out, and dropped trow just in time. At that moment I realized why the previously assigned officer kept that stack of napkins in the car, unfortunately I ran out of napkins so, needless to say, I went the remainder of the shift with only one sock. Being one that learns from my past, I now keep a roll of TP in my patrol bag.

Brother that was the funniest post I have read in awhile. I guess after seeing what you went through I should switch from using my running socks to knee highs while on patrol.

OK

I want to warn you about something with all of the sarcasm and/or humor in "#2".

NEVER, EVER, NEVER-EVER tell your supervisor or vent into a roll call environment that "I'm so stressed I'm bleeding out my A__", or "This place has got me so stressed I have blood in my underwear from my rectum." If you ever have blood in your stool because of any job related stress, see a doctor and don't attempt to alleviate the situation by
    being self-deprecating or insinuating you have worn home made a__ pads.

You will be relieved from duty, sent home and sent to a special place on W. MLK, then sent to a doctor who will verify your venting by snapping his latex glove immediately before squeezing the jelly tube and probing the leak. I know. Trust me it is not comforting.

Other than that, the old D-2 mystery toilet destroyer at 1710 influenced me so greatly that I have district-poop-a-phobia and am fearful of using a TPD bowl device (which originated from the advances of technology by Sir Crapper in England).

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I really want to work for TPD or HCSO, but I have a personal problem.

What happens if you are working and you have do #2? Are you allowed to drive home to use the bathroom? Sometimes I have some really close calls due to this phobia.

I have a phobia of doing #2 in public bathrooms. I would like to be able to go home to use the bathroom then return to the area I was working. You work with other close by Officers right, so they could cover for you?

Will this affect my chances getting hired with TPD or HCSO? I plan to be totally honest with background investigators.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Brother, I've been thinging about your posting and the only answer I can come up with isit, Depends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast