Smile. You are on candid camera! - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Smile. You are on candid camera!

I agree with the last posts. The Chief needs to transfer the IA commander and initiate an independent investigation of the said allegations. Our Chief needs to take swift and immediate action and call in an independant agency to review the evidence. By the way, did these cameras meet CALEA standars. What a joke!

This will go down as another sad chapter in MBPD history.

It is one thing to investigate police misconduct in a fair and impartial manner. I feel that all "GOOD OFFICERS" support the mission Internal Affairs has been assigned. I do however, have serious issues with "hidden cameras" in a room used by officers and their attorneys to discuss the aspects of their cases before providing a formal interview. The possible violations of attorney / client privilege are very serious in nature and could have serious consequences on past IA cases. The Captain of IA should be placed on admin leave ASAP.

It is trulely amazing how "some" go from day one rookie, through the ranks of Sgt, Lt, Capt, Major, and Chief, During their journey they totally forget how others below them feel or quite possibly, just stop caring. It becomes a "ME" thing and how much money they can make for their pension. Never mind changing the things along the way of their journey that needed to be improved.

An independant investigation has to be conducted and all facts disclosed. Those that may be guilty of criminal conduct should be punished by the court system. This job is hard enough and now we have violated the trust between our own brothers and sisters in BLUE, how SAD !!!!!!

How can the chief not know this? Hey Bello find out who installed them and who ordered that. Not who ordered cameras 6 years ago. Come on. U can't b that stupid.

THE FACTS: The hidden camera that was found was requested by Commander GN five years ago and approved by Chief DD. It was then delivered to IA, where it was received by our new training Lt. TR. The installation of this camera in the interview room was supervised by Lt. TR - Sergent TR back then. These three individuals and all those that allowed this to continue throughout the years should be banned from the FOP!

You should be embarassed and ashamed that you sold out your brothers in blue!!!

Guys. Who gives a crap on who ordered surveillance cameras 5 years ago? IA, CID and SIU all have surveillance cameras and order them all the time. The question that needs to be answered is who installed them in a thermostat, who knew that it was there and why does our current chief claim that he did not know about this. FOP AB is walking around showing people a purchase order for cameras. He needs to stop letting CN pull the wool over his eyes and go to FDLE and let them investigate.

CN got caught with his hands in the cookie jar and now he is trying to point fingers at everyone but himself. IA is out of the Chiefs office. Investigators work directly for him. He needs to be dealt with NOW!

Post Re: Smile. You are on candid camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchingout
    This is the most outrages violation of the policeman "Bill of Rights" I have heard being committed by a major police department.
    Did the Officer who discovered this camera report the incident to a supervisor?
    Did he notify FDLE and or the FBI for State and Federal Violations?
    Our chief claims he did not have knowledge of the cameras. Is our Chief conducting an investigation and is he consulting with the City Attorney's office and the Dade-County States Attorney on this matter.
    Why has the commander of the IA unit not bin placed on pay leave, pending a criminal investigation?
    If these steps have not been taken, our FOP has an obligation, morally and legally to bring this to light!

all I can say is if you were in an "interview" interogation.... they have violated your civil rights... yes they may belive you have no "expectation of privacy" but they can not trump your civil rights with policy.
    anyone who was in that interview...interrogation room can File suit against the CMB and the individual investigators and especially the division commander.
    i would file suit asap and list the individuals and sue them as individuals too...

$$$$ and your are protected from any future malicious prosecution a nice saftey net for your carrer and you get the king george lawsuit protections too...
    oh my my my they know how to step on a giant turd... the best part is they dont get it .... i encourage you to speak to an attorney asap$$$

Come on guys we are a Flagship Agency according to CALEA.

If we are the Flagship, I dont want to see those that are not.

We should have gotten Sinking Ship status.

One question: Does this mean we can file a class action lawsuit for civil rights violations? I mean, anyone who has been asked to testify in the last few years?

has dr.jeckle/cpt hyde been re-assigned or anything?

Oh my my Carlos. What do you do? Do you say u did not know and look like a clueless chief. Or do you say u knew and look like a snake?

Looks like ur not going to b able to joke ur way out of this onef. You tried the smoke screen with a 6 year old purchase request for cameras. Come on now. U were in IA once. You know that this is the norm. Admit that you dropped the ball. Now drink ur medicine.

Karma is b i t c h.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast