Traffic Officer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Officer

Traffic Officer

I writing this with a heavy heart. I know 99 percent of PP Officers are good guys, unfortunately there's a traffic guy who gets a kick out of writing other cops wives. Even after contacting this officer, he replied the following " maybe you should ask your traffic guys if they know a good lawyer for your wife". I'm aware nobody is above the law but hasn't this guy heard of the word "discrepancy". We are all in the same boat no matter what agency you work for, a speeding citation during a time our agency has not had a raise for two years can hurt. I have to say I was extremely pi**ed off when i heard about this incident. Throughout my career here at HBPD I have stopped people who were law enforcement family members and many who were not. In both situations I used "DISCREPANCY" and allowed many of them to go with a simple warning. I know maybe somebody took your lunch money in school but please don't take it out on all of us. In closing stay safe out their to all my fellow officers!

Re: Traffic Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Watch Out
    I writing this with a heavy heart. I know 99 percent of PP Officers are good guys, unfortunately there's a traffic guy who gets a kick out of writing other cops wives. Even after contacting this officer, he replied the following " maybe you should ask your traffic guys if they know a good lawyer for your wife". I'm aware nobody is above the law but hasn't this guy heard of the word "discrepancy". We are all in the same boat no matter what agency you work for, a speeding citation during a time our agency has not had a raise for two years can hurt. I have to say I was extremely pi**ed off when i heard about this incident. Throughout my career here at HBPD I have stopped people who were law enforcement family members and many who were not. In both situations I used "DISCREPANCY" and allowed many of them to go with a simple warning. I know maybe somebody took your lunch money in school but please don't take it out on all of us. In closing stay safe out their to all my fellow officers!
    While I don't doubt what you wrote, I do find it strange. I can tell you from personal experience that the Pines guys that have stopped me or my family members have been great. You sure there is not "more to the story" as they say?

Lightbulb Re: Traffic Officer

PLEASE REPLACE DISCREPANCY WITH DISCRETION.

And fellow LEO, please go check the dictionary and go back to school :cop:

Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Police
    PLEASE REPLACE DISCREPANCY WITH DISCRETION.

And fellow LEO, please go check the dictionary and go back to school :cop:
    I agree, he used the wrong word. But probably he wanted to mean "professional courtesy" anyway.

Regardless of what word he used, deep down you know his story checks out. While the majority of Pines guys are great guys. There are those few you can count in one hand who get a kick out of writing cops and/or their family. In fact, some incidences these guys have written cops in their unmarked.

If you really work in Pines you know exactly the handful of cops who do this on a regular basis. Somehow with these select few there usually isn't MORE to the story. I feel bad for the great guys you do have because these guys are making you look bad.

Stay Safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch Out
    I apoligize I incorrectly put the wrong word, please substitute Discrection for Discrepency, I was little tired when i got home from a detail. I'm saving up money just in case my wife drives through Pembroke Pines.

Its a small world and one can not stay in his city forever. People like that get it back 10 fold.

I know officer black i have worked our west side of the city and ran into him and there has to be more to this story he is a good guy.I would like to know what city the guy works for and and i would like to know what his wife said or what she did.And for another officer to wish that he would walk into a 41-0 and get hurt,that officer must have problems i would not wish that on another officer ever thats just wrong.Don't we have enough people out there who want us to be hurt or killed we dont need our own wishing bad things on each other.

I've had several occasions where I've pulled over another Officer's wife, and used the same discretion I've used on the "honest" hard working citizens. The only time I really wish I had written a ticket (or tickets) to a Cop's wife is when I watched her tailgaiting numerous cars, cutting people off, weaving in and out of traffic, and honking the horn at those that didn't move fast enough for her. When I pulled her over, she made certain I knew who her husband was, and that she had to get home to cook his dinner. After explaining to her that with the number of infractions I observed, I could have arrested her for reckless driving, and I let her go with a warning. 45 minutes later, a Sergeant gets a call from the husband complaining about what I told his wife instead of thanking me for the $1000 in tickets I could've wrote, and the impound fees and bail money I saved him.

Understand this. Just like when you or I arrest a kid for what we saw first hand, they will always convince their parents they did no wrong. The same can also apply to our own family members.

I dont not understand why we have so many police officers going blue on blue. In a workplace where we may have to save another fellow officers life there is no room for hatred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast