Calle Ocho / Juanes Demonstration - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Calle Ocho / Juanes Demonstration

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gavilan
    Javier, that's nothing remember the Ellian riots?
    Oh wait, you weren't here back then, hahaha
    Fula!

And you weren't here for the 1980 or 1982 riot or you wouldn't call what happened after they snatched the kid, a riot. Only a tire store was burned during elian, and in 1980, everything north of the city on NW 27 ave to the county line was burned down, if it was white owned. And your not mentioning the 89 riot so you weren't here then either were you supercop.
    Leave Javi alone. He was probably still swimming in his Dad’ nut sack when all this was going on :snicker:

Nah, I was learning how to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gavilan
    Javier, that's nothing remember the Ellian riots?
    Oh wait, you weren't here back then, hahaha
    Fula!

And you weren't here for the 1980 or 1982 riot or you wouldn't call what happened after they snatched the kid, a riot. Only a tire store was burned during elian, and in 1980, everything north of the city on NW 27 ave to the county line was burned down, if it was white owned. And your not mentioning the 89 riot so you weren't here then either were you supercop.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: your funny! I believe I was north on 27 ave back then in what we call Miami Gardens now and I don't recall anything burning! Miami Gardens is by the County Line right? I believe that area back in 1980 was predominately white! I think my neighbors was white? Well, they were lighter then me! LOL!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

In May 1980 after four Miami Dade deputies were acquited of all charges related to the beating death of fleeing motorcyclist Arthur Mac Duffie a MAJOR riot broke out at African Square Park on NW 62 St and 14 ave. The next few days were perhaps the most violent in City of Miami and Dade Co. history. The rioters contolled the area bounded by I-95 to the east, NW 36 St to the south, Nw 32 Ave to the west and NW 95 St to the north. Flames engulfed many businesses, looting was rampant and approx 18 people were killed. The city had only approx 800 sworn officers at the time and its riot equipment dated back to the late 60s early 70s. Miami Dade had approx 1200 sworn and was also ill equipped. The National Guard were brought in but believe it or not were not given any ammmunition for their firearms !!!! A tremendous hand to hand battle took place at Zayres NW 12 Av and 54 st. The original concept of field force deployment developed during this conflict. A field force of approx 50-70 MPD officers actually had to go to Metro Dade Police headquarters ( what is now Publc Defenders office ) at NW 13 Av and 14 st to wrest same from rioters control and rescue MDPD personnel inside. The city and County burned for three days. Many millions in property damage. The City again experinced riots in 1982 and 1989 but to a lesser extant. Shortly after the riots approx 150 of the 800 sworn gave notice and left for greener pastures which really made staffing and policing difficult and which is also one of the proximate causative factors that allowed the River cops to get hired and later bring further disgrace onto the department.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward R murrow
    In May 1980 after four Miami Dade deputies were acquited of all charges related to the beating death of fleeing motorcyclist Arthur Mac Duffie a MAJOR riot broke out at African Square Park on NW 62 St and 14 ave. The next few days were perhaps the most violent in City of Miami and Dade Co. history. The rioters contolled the area bounded by I-95 to the east, NW 36 St to the south, Nw 32 Ave to the west and NW 95 St to the north. Flames engulfed many businesses, looting was rampant and approx 18 people were killed. The city had only approx 800 sworn officers at the time and its riot equipment dated back to the late 60s early 70s. Miami Dade had approx 1200 sworn and was also ill equipped. The National Guard were brought in but believe it or not were not given any ammmunition for their firearms !!!! A tremendous hand to hand battle took place at Zayres NW 12 Av and 54 st. The original concept of field force deployment developed during this conflict. A field force of approx 50-70 MPD officers actually had to go to Metro Dade Police headquarters ( what is now Publc Defenders office ) at NW 13 Av and 14 st to wrest same from rioters control and rescue MDPD personnel inside. The city and County burned for three days. Many millions in property damage. The City again experinced riots in 1982 and 1989 but to a lesser extant. Shortly after the riots approx 150 of the 800 sworn gave notice and left for greener pastures which really made staffing and policing difficult and which is also one of the proximate causative factors that allowed the River cops to get hired and later bring further disgrace onto the department.

Actually, we only had 545 sworn budgeted on the dept at the time. And the field force didn't have a name till Then Capt George Green (gary's brother) came up with the concept after the "event". In 1980 and before, the dept deployed in 4 officer units during riots, and the station would advise of calls and units responded. There was No command and control. The concept proved it self in 1982. That riot ended when 8 field forces took back NW 23 & 3 ct from looters and rock and bottle throwers. 2 field forces did the stomp and drag westward on 23 from nw 2 ave. And 6 did it north on 3 ave from 20 st. Nothing like 51 highly armed cops to arrive somewhere to damper a party. So imagine 8 field forces in full battle gear.

Tomorrow starts one week of field force training at the pba,TSD will be teaching.

Edward, the info on the guard and ammo is a bit off. They had ammo. It was just one guardsman from North Florida who the other guardsmen unloaded his 16 when they bedded down in the dinner key auditorium every night. In fact, they asked us if WE had any 223 ammo to spare, as they had "expended" 5,000 rounds and had no paper work to cover the "expenditure". And don't forget the 4 cops who went into gun fire from snipers at nw 62 and 14 trying to recover the people attacked. Pat Burns, Brad Swink, Manny Lopez and Arnold Gibbs brought out what turned out to be dead bodies under gun fire. Their only cover was the paddy wagon aluminum box and the sheet metal. You could hear gun fire from every point on the compass that night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12