Top PBSO Brass in Sex Harassment Probe
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Top PBSO Brass in Sex Harassment Probe

A Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office big shot who once oversaw the human resources department is under investigation for allegations of sexual harassment and creating a hostile work environment.
    The major, 25-year law enforcement veteran Michael Veccia, has been on administrative leave since May while Internal Affairs investigates.
    Among what I.A. is looking into: An affair with a former subordinate nearly half Veccia’s age, the daughter of another PBSO major.
    The divorced Veccia is receiving his salary, $156,000 a year, according to PBSO employee records – this, at a time when Sheriff Ric Bradshaw is struggling with budget cuts.
    “The major has to be home from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and call in twice a day,” said Terri Barbera, spokeswoman for the agency.
    “There are spot checks to make sure he is home during regular business hours.”
    It’s routine for those on administrative leave, Barbera says.
    IA has six months to complete its work, which includes the in-depth interviews of 30 witnesses. Due date: Oct. 21.
    Said the agency’s second in command, Col. Mike Gauger: “Because of the basis of the complaint, we felt it was best to put him on administrative leave. I can’t talk about the investigation.”
    Veccia is in charge of agency operations. He is among 14 people on Bradshaw’s executive staff, according to the agency’s website.
    According to his employment file, Veccia is in charge of crime analysis, training and contractors.
    Veccia, 52, of Lake Worth, became a deputy in 1984. He joined West Palm Beach PD for a short stint then returned to PBSO for good in 1987. His work evaluations over the years have been glowing and he is known for going up the ranks at supersonic speed. He went from sergeant to lieutenant to captain to major in four years under the then-Sheriff Ed Bieluch.
    The details of the Veccia probe are sketchy since the I.A. report won’t be made public until after Bradshaw signs off on it. But a PBSO source tells me that five or six women have complained of sexual harassment.
    Another angle is a very public affair that Veccia had with Sandra Smith, a financial analyst in the PBSO budget office.
    Smith, 28, worked under Veccia for five years.
    In 2007, according to records, they started shacking up together in his house. They’re now living apart.
    “I wasn’t working for him then,” said Smith when reached by Page2Live. She declined further comment.
    The department insider told me Veccia approached his supervisors in 2007 to tell them he wanted to date Smith and was about to have her move in. That’s when she was transferred from Veccia’s command, where she was a crime analyst.
    Smith is the daughter of Veccia’s colleague, Maj. Dan Smith, head of county-wide operations.
    There’s another sex-related investigation that I.A. is currently handling. A female lieutenant, Lt. Paula Kronsperger, is alleged to have been carrying on with subordinates and superiors.

http://www.page2live.com/2009/09/18/...assment-probe/

Re: Top PBSO Brass in sex Harassment Probe

Can you say KARMA ! Just one of the many that will float to the surface in the FOG-RIC sewer , stay tuned !

Really doesn't say what was the wrong part....

Wow!

Bout time "Jose" brought this to light... So many secrets in PBSO coming out , which definately leaves black marks on the agency. Seems the higher the rank, the further under the rug the admin tries to push it...

Innocent until proven guilty, no matter what the rat squad, or all you miserable schmucks who hate their jobs and would complain about any thing, no matter what the circumstances, say.

[b]Wow , you must be a real company man , or just a plain jerk off , innocent until proven guilty you say ?[It is people like you that turn a blind eye as to what is going on there , and hopfully you will never be in a jam , because these people you defend so much , will have you "guilty " so fast your head will spin. Again , you have got to be blind , or you are one of the MV family members? /b]

Quote Originally Posted by Who knew
    Bout time "Jose" brought this to light... So many secrets in PBSO coming out , which definately leaves black marks on the agency. Seems the higher the rank, the further under the rug the admin tries to push it...
    Amen , that rug you speak of has a huge pile of dirt under it , just think if the fog gets swept under there to , it will burst , that is a lot of garbage to stuff in one place !

[quote][Really doesn't say what was the wrong part..../quote]

Again, anyone? What was the problem for an IA?

If they can't touch "Paula the Mauler" on her indecretions, than MV has no problems...

If there is any one of us who doesn't feel absolutely disgraced right now, then I don't know about a brotherhood. Another smear on our Agency. Another one!! They just keep surfacing one after another after another. Sexual Harassment was dealt with by real police departments 25 years ago. For PBSO to have something like this to come to light in 2009 just speaks loud and clear for the LACK OF ABILITY AT THE TOP. BRADSHAW AND GAUGER have got to get the heck out of here. We must get a professional administrator in here who will set the tone. OMG, this is so obsurd. We are quick to make fun of agencies 'up-south' or in the 'north' but, people, we better take a real hard look in the mirror. This nut-job is protected apparently due to the apron he is wearing in that humiliating picture and the 'weenies' he is gently handling over the warm glow of the grill. I guess we can be glad he isn't being investigated for trying to sexually harass Ol' Dan instead of his daughter. Guess he didn't want to get bicycle chain grease on himself...lol. Oh, that's right, he doesn't do that anymore, he is a MAJOR also (LOL). Can't wait for the others to be identified.
    I am so sure there will be those who will respond all festered up to protect what is going on here but since the FOG/BRAD INC. takeover, we have been on one heck of a slippery slope. I still am hurting over those fine brothers in Belle Glade...talk about a travesty and the schmoozing of that poor sweet loving family. Bradshaw is so smug and his rotund FOG boy just says whatever and thinks the public is absolutely stupid.
    WHEN WILL IT END?
    Folks, one day we will realize that giving his buddy Kaz lots of attention and 'keeping the lid on PBA' is not leadership. Seems the issues always come down to who is in the 'in-crowd'; are you a FOG person; do you work hard to raise cash for elections; do you burn the hamburgers? It is time some weenies got burned!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast