LAYOFF LIST CIRCULATING AROUND CENTRAL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking LAYOFF LIST CIRCULATING AROUND CENTRAL

I've received a bunch of phone calls from extremely concerned Police Officers today. I'm being told that there is a so called "layoff list" that is being circulated. The list is showing all sworn Police Officers that would allegedly be 07'd in October.

Please do not pay ANY ATTENTION to this list. This is just a scare tactic by some ill individuals. Negotiations between the FOP and the City are ongoing. The moment we have information to pass on to our members, it will be distributed by the board. The FOP is working hard to protect our membership.

Our regular FOP meeting will be held this wednesday at 1830 HRS. STAY UNITED.

Thanks,

Javier

Re: LAYOFF LIST CIRCULATING AROUND CENTRAL

LT. LUBE WILL LAY YOU.....OFF.....THEN RE-HIRE YOU. CALL HIM AND SAY HELLO AT THIRTY FOUR-FORTY NINE. HE IS LUBED UP FOR YOUR EVERY QUESTION.

That's the best thing you have said Javi. Extremly concern individuals! If i was one of the 191 individual the city is talking about laying Off i would be extremly concern.

Brothers and Sisters as we are all aware the City of Miami is experiencing a significant financial budget crisis. The City’s projected expenses for next year has exceeded its revenues by over 118 Million Dollars. The City is asking our Union for 28 million dollars in concessions to cover this deficit.

In the following days our union may give up concessions and pay cuts. This would be a decision in which we the general membership, as a whole would have to collectively vote and approve.

According to the City, if no concessions are made by September 24th, 2009, there could be up to 191 Officers laid off. (Yes, I do agree a scare tactic but the possibility does exsist) Once again this is something that has sneaked up on us and will affect us all for years to come.

The FOP executive board has failed to encourage the members to attend our next meeting. A young officer told me today he didn't even know where the FOP Hall was located.I believe in the severity and scope of the situation the next FOP meeting is probably going to be one of the most important meetings in the last several years.

Brothers and Sisters we must attend the following meeting on September 16th,2009, and pack the FOP hall. We must get involved and be inform with this most important financial crises. This concerns all of us...

That's the best thing you have said Javi. Extremly concern individuals! If i was one of the 191 individual the city is talking about laying Off i would be extremly concern.

Brothers and Sisters as we are all aware the City of Miami is experiencing a significant financial budget crisis. The City’s projected expenses for next year has exceeded its revenues by over 118 Million Dollars. The City is asking our Union for 28 million dollars in concessions to cover this deficit.

In the following days our union may give up concessions and pay cuts. This would be a decision in which we the general membership, as a whole would have to collectively vote and approve.

According to the City, if no concessions are made by September 24th, 2009, there could be up to 191 Officers laid off. (Yes, I do agree a scare tactic but the possibility does exsist) Once again this is something that has sneaked up on us and will affect us all for years to come.

The FOP executive board has failed to encourage the members to attend our next meeting. A young officer told me today he didn't even know where the FOP Hall was located.I believe in the severity and scope of the situation the next FOP meeting is probably going to be one of the most important meetings in the last several years.

Brothers and Sisters we must attend the following meeting on September 16th,2009, and pack the FOP hall. We must get involved and be inform with this most important financial crises. This concerns all of us...

Whats the QTH of the FOP HALL?

This is not something that the union is taking lightly. The proposed budget calls for layoffs in the police department. This is a reality. The budget was approved on first reading 4-0. They do not need to distribute a list of the affected officers that’s just simple math. Personally, I don’t believe they intend to lay off 190 officers but we must take the threat seriously. If this threat is the reason that members get involved and start attending meetings then I guess some good came out of it.

The president is currently negotiating with the city in an effort to reduce expenditures from the police side. We expect them to uphold their side of the contract just as we have for the last two years. In the coming week we will have a better picture of what we are looking at and attending the meeting this week is a great way to get information and ask questions. If you don’t want to ask the question yourself, send me an email and I will ask it. Staying informed and staying united is the only we can weather this storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrol Vet
    710 SW 12 AVE

712 NE 1 Avenue

Sgt Ortiz do you think 191 people should attend next fop meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    712 NE 1 Avenue
    What kind of sick retard goes around posting bad info in times like these. The address to the FOP Hall is 710 SW 12 Ave as Lt.Kerr posted no wonder this place is f" up when yu can hid here and attempt to screw people over for what ever reason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast