Offcier down
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offcier down

Offcier down

It is with great sadness that I am posting that Officer Robert Sayers was killed while riding his motorcycle home from work today.

Roberts is left behind by a wife and two boys, with Robert having been the primary breadwinner. Ofc. Jeremy Kevitt, on behalf of the International Union of Police Associations, is accepting contributions for the family. We all know times are hard, unfortunately they just got much harder for the family of a friend and comrade.

Should anyone in addition to Clermont officers wish to contribute, Ofc. Kevitt's business address is 865 W. Montrose St. Clermont, Fl. 34711.

* I meant "Officer"

Re: Offcier down

Could an account be opened at a local bank in memory of Ofc. Sayers where anyone could make a donation? The public might find this a more secure method of donation.

Ofc. Sayers touched the lives of many in the community and I am sure they would like to show their respect too. He stood for what was right in this industry. His innocent manner and cheerful greetings will be terrible missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Could an account be opened at a local bank in memory of Ofc. Sayers where anyone could make a donation? The public might find this a more secure method of donation.
    I believe Ofc. Kevitt will be looking into this when time permits. Should anyone feel better about this approach, please don't change your mind as it may take Ofc. Kevitt some time to accomplish.

RIP... Why is this being considered "off-duty" if he was riding his work-motor from work? Isn't to/from work considered on-duty since you are in uniform and subject to call??

It sounds like thunder far away, but the skies are blue and bright...
    And soon they crest the hill nearby, and ride into our sight.
    They shake the ground with powerful sound, and they make some hearts beat fast...
    They look so proud and noble, like Knights come from the past.

Side by side, they always ride, and seem to move as one...
    From early in the morning light, to the setting of the sun.
    And children point and wave to them, from cars that pass them by...
    And young ones ask their parents, why the men have mirrors for eyes.

They ride the roads, and fight for good, and defend small ones like you...
    They ask to ride, and do with pride, and sometimes they are few.
    Like men of steel, on Silver Wings, they sparkle in the light...
    then with a roar and rumble, they ride out of our sight.

Sometimes when one has fallen, never to ride again...
    You can hear the others calling, like thunder on the wind.
    Side by side, they slowly ride, and their thunder is a mournful sound...
    And the mirrors hide their eyes from us, when teardrops fall to ground.

So if you see one riding, and you look into his face...
    You see your reflection in his eyes, you know that you are safe.
    For motormen are a special breed, they love to ride the wind...
    And when you hear the thunder boom, the fallen ones ride again.

My friend, my partner, my right rear mirror. I will miss you so much.

ofc kevitt busy?, covering the departments behind because hes not looking out for the officers who elected him. when did ofc kevitt get a secretary, is it clear now who has been deleting our posts.

I had the opportunity to meet Officer Sayers about a month ago. He was on his way home and stopped at a local gas station to get a drink. I was calling in reports and he stopped by and we talked for a few. He seemed like a stand-up guy and i'm sure he will be missed. God Bless and rest in piece Ofc. Sayers.

-HCSO Deputy

Any infomation on services? I haven't seen anything anywhere

The funeral is Friday, 9-18-09, at the Celebration of Praise church in Clermont at 9am. I'm sorry I don't have the address right off hand, but I know it's on Hwy 27.

Quote Originally Posted by leodsptchr
    The funeral is Friday, 9-18-09, at the Celebration of Praise church in Clermont at 9am. I'm sorry I don't have the address right off hand, but I know it's on Hwy 27.

US 27 south of John's Lake Rd on the right, big church on the hill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast