Automatic Rifles - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Automatic Rifles

thanks for the affirmation, but understand that my intent on chimming in on this was not to ruffle the feathers of the "locals". seems that is an ever present topic on some of the other forums.
    i believe that having the tools to help if needed, is simply a good thing. when i was a "local" and called for help, i did not care who came...as long as they had a badge, and the willingness to jump in. there is plenty of work out there for all of us to begin a measuring contest.
    as far as the radio system goes, well all you can do is live with it. state wide system is here to stay, and so is ma(y)-com(unicate). the rcc's have county wide monitoring, and all agencies within an area can broadcast on the cw to notify of a major problem. and there are inter-agency channels that can be patched if needed.

I have 25 years experience in South Florida law enforcment. How many police departments does DFS have, and are they hiring? I hear you work from home on 4/10's. Are you acredited?

DFS has two PD's. One is DIF, or Division of Insurance Fraud. The other is SFM, the Division of State Fire Marshal (BFAI). There have been numerous rumors of combining them, but for now we remain independent of each other.

DIF investigates fraud in general, while SFM investigates fires, explosions, and anything resulting from them (deaths, frauds, hate crimes, etc.). Both of us have CFA accreditation.

We both have laptop computers with air cards and can work from home at times...and all depending on your squad, case load, etc. DIF has at least some 4/10 people, while SFM is on a 5/8 schedule. We at SFM also work "on-call" so we can maintain a 24/7 response. Personally, I don't mind on-call, but some of us hate it.

For open positions (in any State of Florida job), log on to peoplefirst.myflorida.com; to my knowledge, SFM is not hiring now, but DIF might be.

Good luck in your search.

never mind. been reading the papers about your bosses and figure one or others will end up on the other side of the pokey. too much politics for me. good luck to you in the new year, hope your agencies make it through the budget cuts, guns and all. ;-)

[quote="SoCrates"]Let me correct several inaccuracies in this last post:
    First - accreditation standards DO NOT specify what weapons an officer may or may not carry. The agency determines what weapons an officer may or may not carry. The standards only require that the agency have written policy on all approved weapons and provide training before a weapon can be carried. There are hundreds of accredited agencies that allow their officers to carry AR-15s, MP-5s, Mini-14s, etc.
    Second - there are accreditation standards that require the agency to spell out what ammuninition is approved for use with any firearm and provide training either yearly or every other year on all weapons approved for use.
    Third - accreditation (either state or national) has done more to reduce liability lawsuits than any other process. Both state and national accreditation mandate up-to-date use of force policies, training practices and documentation of all activities in addition to hundreds of other best law enforcement practices.

As an afterthought - I don't work for this agency - I just hate to see inaccuracies posted on any site concerning accreditation YOU SOUND LIKE A GEEK, NOT A COP. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?]

You guys need automatic rifles about as much as FDLE and DOT does.

Are you the same people who can nt buy paperclips, but can have automatic rifles, give me a break. Does the State know you have these rifles? Maybe you can staple someone to death. Is that covered in accreditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    At least DOT does real police work, unlike you folks or fdle.

Quote Originally Posted by guns
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    At least DOT does real police work, unlike you folks or fdle.

Clearly you arent a real cop. FDOT is worthless, they dont work nights and have to make 4 contacts a day. They dont do DUI's.......they are notorious for screaming for HELP when they run up on real criminals.

At least Fire Marshals and DOI guys knwo how to put a case file together, you clown

who is DOI? Are they cops too? I know of a DIF but DOI, come on. Get rid of these clowns and their paperclips too.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast