Mayor's race
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayor's race

Mayor's race

The Mayor's race in St. Petersburg is heating up and the choices couldn't be more stark. The actions we take in the next 10 days can decide if St. Pete's anti-gay mayor is replaced by an Equality champion or someone with an even more homophobic record than the incumbent.

The city's next mayor will either be Scott Wagman - a successful businessman and LGBT champion or an anti-gay former City Council Member - Bill Foster, who fought hard against sexual-orientation protections in the city's Human Rights Ordinance.

Vote for Wagman who supports business and equal rights for all persons. Foster is just another Baker with lighter hair. And we all know how good Baker was for us.

Re: Mayor's race

Wagman will not be there in the General it will be Ford vs Foster.....So go paint something

Wagman has REALLY Pi$$ed off Chumley !
    Chucky won't stand for someone debating his stats !!
    Fox News ......tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Equality matters
    The Mayor's race in St. Petersburg is heating up and the choices couldn't be more stark. The actions we take in the next 10 days can decide if St. Pete's anti-gay mayor is replaced by an Equality champion or someone with an even more homophobic record than the incumbent.

The city's next mayor will either be Scott Wagman - a successful businessman and LGBT champion or an anti-gay former City Council Member - Bill Foster, who fought hard against sexual-orientation protections in the city's Human Rights Ordinance.

Vote for Wagman who supports business and equal rights for all persons. Foster is just another Baker with lighter hair. And we all know how good Baker was for us.
    It's not that Foster is "Anti-Gay" like you say...He advised he would support the parade if it was toned down a bit. I say that if grown men quit sticking fingers in funny places belonging to friends during the parade route, the supporters would have MORE support for the event!!!

I'm afraid the Unions should have waited to throw out their endorsement. Ford seems to be the best candidate. Foster will be more of the same old same old, Gibbons would be disaster. Wagman would be a good second choice to Ford. Someone needs to start eliminating unneeded and redundant positions and Ford and Wagman are the only ones willing to stand up to the entrenched power structure. Good luck Kathleen and Scott. I for one will be at the polls on primary day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith
    I'm afraid the Unions should have waited to throw out their endorsement. Ford seems to be the best candidate. Foster will be more of the same old same old, Gibbons would be disaster. Wagman would be a good second choice to Ford. Someone needs to start eliminating unneeded and redundant positions and Ford and Wagman are the only ones willing to stand up to the entrenched power structure. Good luck Kathleen and Scott. I for one will be at the polls on primary day.
    I can't stress enough to you young guys how important this election is. It is probably the most important one I have seen since I started as a cadet in 1971. For the first time ever, there is a real chance to get rid of the coalition. I believe Ford is the best choice, and Wagman is a distant second. I don't understand how PBA could have endorsed Foster so early, but he is still better than any of the remaining choices. GET OUT AND VOTE MISTER!!

I'm with the Union. I voted early and FOSTER it is. I have been to the forums and I've heard him speak. GO BILL!!!!!!!!!

Foster is the best choice across the board with Wagman a close second. Ford is a little unstable and will make drastic initial cuts but has no real long term vision.

Bill Foster is too lame. Too middle of the road. Too timid to speak out and address the issues. He's better than what is in place, but if you want to CHANGE the city politics, vote Scott Wagman.

Wagman has shown he has the strength to be oppositional when it counts. It doesn't bide his time like Foster has, going along to get along and finally, finally making his move when Baker is essentially knocked down and out.

My desire to move the powers that be out of the way means my vote goes to SCOTT WAGMAN.

This mayoral race is critical to saving ST. PETE.

I HAVE read with CARE all of the literature on the main candidates: Wegman, Foster, Gibbons, and FORD.

Based upon CHARACTER, ETHICS, ABILITY, DEDICATION, KNOWLEDGE, FORTITUDE, and I N T E G R I T Y; Kathleen FORD is clearly the most qualified person for the job -- and no, I am not on her staff, nor have I given her campaign any money.

BUT, Foster is a "politician" and hedged every word he spoke at Council Meetings; Gibbons poor personal history and local ties are frightening; Wegman's lack of education and experience are red flags; and Bennitt is a jerk.

FORD is the best candidate. Ford has more integrity than all other nine candidates put together. She WILL, I am sure, clean out un-needed city positions, PD criminals, racists, and unproductive positions and people. I hope she will bring the FBI into the PD and clean it out -- starting at the top!!

Make your vote improve St. Pete. We don't need a "shorter" Baker twin (Foster) replacing Rick. :cop:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast