Mayor's race - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mayor's race

Re: Mayor's race

I care more and I'm voting Foster!!!!!

St Pete needs a renegade mayor to clean this city up. If Ford gets in, all of administration will retire or be fired, g davis would be gone and we can take back control of the streets...

St.Pete needs a Mayor who is stable and has a definite plan. Ford is too unpredictable and Wagman wants to cut benefits. The only logical choice is FOSTER for Mayor.

Vote for Ford for Mayor

I plan to vote for Ford as I did 8 years ago. But I am open minded and as a union member I weigh carefully the union endorsement.

To the Foster supporters out there please give a few reasons why Foster is your choice.

I specifically would like to know if he ever disagreed with Rick Baker or challenged the city administration during his 8 years at city hall.

Were those 8 years a good time to work for SPPD?

Why did so many veteran officers quit or take early retirement?

Why did so few new hires stay past their first 3 or 4 years?

Did he insist that the massive increase in tax revenue due to rising property assessments go into pension investments?

Did he take a stand to block our grant funds from going to the Uhuru gym to honor a criminal and recruit new rock and bottle throwers?

Will the union take a second look at the two winners after the primary?

Just asking.

Your questions are too intense for this grouop of posters, man.

Here are clear-cut reasons why NOT to vote Foster:

* As SPPD has sunk in reputation and worthy officers have left, Foster stood idly by and did nothing.

* When Baker built political platforms and did what select groups wanted, Foster said and did nothing to prevent or oppose them.

* When has Foster spoken contrary to Baker? He hasn't.

* What change will Foster bring about when he hasn't even begun to distance himself from the current mayor?

Face it, Foster has smiled and combed his blonde locks while this city has burned to the ground. He will be status quo...nothing more.

Let me guess you must be a Ford supporter. Her first quote is I will not change the pursuit policy and I will make the police handle all burglaries....What the hell does that mean?? She has yet to come out with a plan that has substance and staunch policy on Policing. She is more worried about getting in and loping off heads then having a damn plan.

It will be Foster and Ford in the General and we know the outcome....Mayor Foster will lead us forward.

I know this. When the council members in the middle of the night voted themselves an almost 50% raise Foster was against it and voted no. He then in turn was the only one who didn't take the raise becasue he knew it was wrong. He's got my vote just for that!

He also did not take the City Pension they voted themselves.

Foster is going to lead us? Lead us where? St. Pete isn't going any place and nothing is going to change as far as the PD is concerned.

Do your job, quite your griping, and enjoy your family each and every day. That'll get you through, 'cause who is the next mayor isn't going to make any difference.

You're still going to have to get up every day, make the same pay, pay the same bills, and deal with the same problems.

It's the American way!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast