Cecil and the PBA lies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Cecil and the PBA lies

Quote Originally Posted by fact
    Fact: A union couldn't get started under any other administration BUT it's pretty much a sure thing now.
    Fact: Everyone from deputy to major is scared for thier jobs and never seen the backstabbing that occurs in the agency
    Fact: There has never been this amount of fear and intimidation by a SHERIFF. The WHOLE agency talks about it

I'd give anything to have McDougall or Shoap back - At least you knew where they stood and had job security and stability. No raise for 3 YEARS! The troops NEVER had it this bad

Dont care about the politics - just the facts
    Really? seriously? you got 138 votes out of more than 400. A sure thing, well if that's what you call it.

FACT The PBA has agreed to lay off Officers in FMPD, hiow would your family take being sold out by Cecil?

FACT The PBA has no bargaining power 0 with the Lee County Commisioners right now, they are laying off Firemen and teachers

FACT I will fight the PBA and encourage evryone I know to do the same (the 260ish votes that you didn't get) until they come clean with what they have planned, how to pay for all of these dream pay increases and mandatory overtime paid days.

FACT CECIL is a worm, with his own agenda, ask ANYONE at FMPD, ANYONE!

Re: Cecil and the PBA lies

138 is pretty good. WHy do you think the state puts the requirement at 30 %? Maybe because they know that many employees feel or are actually threatened? Besides, that is almost half of the road deputies. We will see what Cecil does. If he is full of BS then bring in the teamsters. Rumor has it that is who the civilians are talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by PBA lies
    Quote Originally Posted by fact
    Fact: A union couldn't get started under any other administration BUT it's pretty much a sure thing now.
    Fact: Everyone from deputy to major is scared for thier jobs and never seen the backstabbing that occurs in the agency
    Fact: There has never been this amount of fear and intimidation by a SHERIFF. The WHOLE agency talks about it

I'd give anything to have McDougall or Shoap back - At least you knew where they stood and had job security and stability. No raise for 3 YEARS! The troops NEVER had it this bad

Dont care about the politics - just the facts
    Really? seriously? you got 138 votes out of more than 400. A sure thing, well if that's what you call it.

FACT The PBA has agreed to lay off Officers in FMPD, hiow would your family take being sold out by Cecil?

FACT The PBA has no bargaining power 0 with the Lee County Commisioners right now, they are laying off Firemen and teachers

FACT I will fight the PBA and encourage evryone I know to do the same (the 260ish votes that you didn't get) until they come clean with what they have planned, how to pay for all of these dream pay increases and mandatory overtime paid days.

FACT CECIL is a worm, with his own agenda, ask ANYONE at FMPD, ANYONE!
    WHY DONT YOU TAKE ASWING AT CECIIL YOU SKINNY LITTLE WHITE WORM?!

I am not for a union however, If a union is what 50 +1 wants, then it is what it is. The only suggestion I have is don't limit ourselves to the PBA. I have not heard good things about them and especially the local representation one would get. I would recommend we look at the FOP then. Give them a shot at representation before any vote were to happen. Hear what they have to offer first. We need the opportunity to make informed decisions after hearing from both.

Quote Originally Posted by if it has to happen...
    I am not for a union however, If a union is what 50 +1 wants, then it is what it is. The only suggestion I have is don't limit ourselves to the PBA. I have not heard good things about them and especially the local representation one would get. I would recommend we look at the FOP then. Give them a shot at representation before any vote were to happen. Hear what they have to offer first. We need the opportunity to make informed decisions after hearing from both.
    Smartest post I have seen on this subject. WHy wouldn't someone want to hear from the FOP and Teamsters? How do we get to hear from them? Can someone please post a response here? I know it can be done because i looked at the states website and it talks about two unions presenting seperate contracts to the members for a vote. Just curious, why aren't you for the union? Lee County is one of the lowest paid agencies considering it is serving one of the largest populations. It seems that the unionized agencies are getting a lot more money with no real difference in benefits (getting this from the fop and pba contracts on the web). If you cant tell, I am pro-union. Levels the playng field IMHO.

Here is the site for FOP. Someone would have to contact them and allow them to come in just like PBA pass out cards etc. They are not as selfless as the PBA. http://www.floridastatefop.org/fop_home if it doesn't go in as a link, type the address in your browser.

I am against the union at this time simply because I don't trust the PBA, for one; they can't guarantee anything, the local representation is not good, and there is not enough information out there to convince me that the benefits and pay that I have will be sacrificed now just to earn an extra hundo in my check every two weeks. We need more information to base the decision on to include cost of benefits to us and our families, will we have our benefits beyond retirement like we were promised when we were first hired (I hear that is not happening with new hires as of next year). Until I see some figures and guarantees, not false promises, I will not be convinced. I have some friends and family that are represented by unions in other fields of work in FL and the union has done nothing for them. Some work for the State and have not had a raise in over 5 years. How about that for representation......? I am as tired as you all are of the games and embarassment that has been going on for the past year or so, especially over the past 8 months. I think the media has been kind considering the crap that has gone on in our agency.

I have this to say, Cecil's main concern is Cecil. If it will benefit him, he is more than willing to help. As a PBA member, I would suggest looking into the FOP. Cecil only does what helps him.

I have a couple of more questions. First on the FOP. Does an agency have to allow them to pas out the cards? Why haasn't the FOP been as agressive aas the PBA in their efforts to represnt the LCSO? I am all for the FOP. Used to work under one of their contracts and they were great. Very fair toward both employees and management.

Now on Cecil. I don't know him but there seems to be a pattern here on this site that he is more or less a politician. Don't representatives have to be elected? That was the case with the FOP. Don't the reps have a voice in negotiations? And finally, if there are mebers as reps, doesn't that take Cecil out of the picture? The reps presented the concerns and points of negotiation to the bargaining team. I'm kind of concerend about this Cecil guy. Everyone can't be wrong. Is there anyone with a different opinion of him? If you all could answer these questions it would help a lot of people out.

cecil is a TOOL, you want to pay for ALL of your benifits, never get cars and get even MORE SCREWED in IAs (ask any FMPD or DOC Officer) then keep up your childish crying about money and go for the PBA. NO ONE is getting raises ANYWHERE

THE OLNY THING THE PBA CAN PROMISE YOU IS.............LIES.

beleive me, FMPD will not nor will they ever be laying anyone off!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast