Sgt ******* and Cambridge Police Dept - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Sgt ******* and Cambridge Police Dept

Quote Originally Posted by Not all cops
    Please, we all know that arrest was a "POP" arrest. How can you arrest a man for disorderly conduct in his home. The officer was pissed and decided to make an arrest. I'm not as an officer going to support all officer's action. If you make a mistake admit it.
    You were there? I would like to see your history of arrests.

Sgt ******* and Cambridge Police Dept

I like how all you cops glance over the fact that the police reports may have been falsified or contain major errors.

It's ok though. You bullies will never have to admit errors. Certainly your right wing heroes never have.

Police report here: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...092gates1.html

CNN article: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/27/gates.arrest/

Boston Herald here: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...4&pos=breaking

DailyKOS here: (even though you right wing nuts will never admit to anything being correct at dailyKOS)

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...alens-attorney

Bottom line here is pretty clear. If Gates had been polite, if he had shown his DL (with address on it) as requested by ******* instead of a Harvard ID, it would have been "Thank you sir, have a good day," and over. My kids know that if they treat an officer with respect they avoid problems. Gates teaches black studies. He earns his living off of making race an issue. I am tired of some blacks with a chip on their shoulder trying to make everything about race. It wasn't. Gates, get over it. Become a social worker, a cop, a lawyer, a doctor, or something that enables you to enrich human eperience instead of demean it.

Gates sucks, Obama sucks and sergeant ******* da man.

Police officers will never admit when they make a mistake. It was a mistake to arrest that old man on his porch, period end of discussion. You shouldn’t arrest someone for hurting your feelings or yelling at you. Plus, I don’t know what the crime is like there, but I’m sure there was SOMETHING better to do than arrest a 60 year old man. Police officers should stand together when right but be big enough to apologize when wrong.

The unwritten law that sums it up is "Contempt of Cop".

If the incident was handled correctly and properly by *******, why where the charges dropped within 24 hrs?
    Next why did the state commision handling LE training require the Cambridge PD to incorperate a training guide the topic of profiling?

Fun Fact------
    Texas is the founding and leading state of racial profiling.

Lets see how many are willing to defend this:
    This is not only a scourge on the human soul, but its a reality in everyday police life in America. Free speech is not my concern here, the writer is entitled to it, but this mindset of an entitlement predisposition that allows this officer and many like his ilk (many of whom post on this blog), to be so proud as to set this "liberal reporter" straight with the way things ought to be , and that are in HIS world. Whats shameful here is the reluctance of the so called reasonable and decent officers who refuse to expose many of this sort in their ranks.

Full 'Jungle Monkey' Email by Officer Justin Barrett

BY ROGERS CADENHEAD
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 02:02 PM

Here's the full text of the email sent by Boston police officer Justin Barrett to Boston Globecolumnist Yvonne Abraham in response to her criticism of the arrest of Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr.

Barrett:

That was by far the worst article I've ever read. I am a former English teacher, writer, current police officer, father, husband and military veteran. You need to be corrected and I certainly hope others have attempted, for your written messages and material is so 4th grade level, I am embarrassed I paid 1.50 for the paper [rest assured, it is my aim to tell as many readers The Boston Globe and your biased reporting is both sub standard and strictly one sided].

For you are not professional and basically, your writing is ridiculous. A reader may assume, per your article, that criminals are never well-dressed with a tucked in polo [2nd paragraph]. Your defense [4th paragraph] of Gates while he is on the phone while being confronted [INDEED] with a police officer is assuming he has rights when considered a suspect. He is a suspect and will always be a suspect.

His first priority of effort should be to get off the phone and comply with the police, for if I was the officer he verbally assaulted like a banana-eating jungle monkey, I would have sprayed him in the face with OC [oleoresin caseinate aka pepper gas] deserving of his belligerent non-compliance.

Further [5th paragraph], a reader may assume that crimes only happen in back alleys at 0300?! You're kidding me, right? Are you still in the 5th Grade, Catholic School?

That paragraph was a s pathetic as jungle monkey gibberish -- I might as well ax you the question, Is this your first test at reporting?"

You do not understand roles, tactics, and dangers police officers face, as apparently you think no one wearing a polo might possess a firearm of knife on his/her person. Might you fathom a woman could be a criminal? Or are criminals all hairy, dirty, stinky, mean ugly looking men?

You are a hot little bird with minimal experience in a harsh field. You are a fool. An infidel. You have no business writing for a US newspaper nevermind [sic] detailing and analyzing half truths. You should serve me coffee and donuts on Sunday morning.

My last point counters your final 2 paragraphs, in which you state Gates is, "this immensely famous expert on race" -- you really have to be kidding me? Famous for what? Expert why and says who?

What has he done for the law enforcement community or military veterans or to secure freedoms and our borders in this country? What has he done to limit and reduce my income tax?

He has proven to work to get himself attention and become a wealthy lecturer. He lectures students on the subject of racial ethics and profiling. Jee whiz. I must attend that lecture lest I lose my identity and right to free speech and the right to celebrate God and beliefs as I see fit.

I am not a racist, but I am prejudice towards people whop are stupid and pretend to stand up and preach for something they claim is freedom when it is merely attention because you do not receive enough of it in your little fear-dwelling circle of on-the-bandwagon followers.

You mention gates' charges were dropped but that it was too late to stop the damage? Damage? Still kidding? You need to serve a day with the infantry and get swarmed by black gnats while manning your sector. Or you just need to get slapped, look in the mirror and admit, "Wow, I am a failure. I am a follower. Who am I kidding?"

Again I like a warm cruller and hot Panamanian, black. No sugar.

Your final statement reads, Gates, whose great success has allowed him to transcend the racial divide" to which I ask, when did he transcend?

He indeed has transcended back to a bumbling jungle monkey, thus he forever tremains [sic] amid this nation's great social/racial divide that makes it a free and great nation mixed with crazy awkward differences.

Go ahead, ax me what I think? Gates is a goddamned fool and you the article writer simply a poor follower and maybe worse, a poor writer.

Your article title should read CONDUCT UNBECOMING A JUNGLE MONKEY –BACK TO ONE'S ROOTS. JB

Hmmmm...The most stupidly way to act on all there parts. First, I think we can invalidate the charge of racial profiling by the media and others, sgt. ******* was just about dispatched, more or less, and the race of the possible two intruders was never revealed as black. Gates probably wasn't in a good mood for anything that night, so I understand his frustration, although he should've handled it in a diffrent manner, more like thank you for protecting my house from possible intruders. ******* too, he should have just left the scene no matter what gates was allegedly calling him, how serious is bad mouthing an officer, sound more like "contempt of cop" to me. For obama, I support him, however it was not his business commenting on a local issue such as that, he pretty much was used. In any case, animosity for the police probably has rised along with people who think police protect police no matter what, ******* will be branded as a racist for the most part, so is the passerby that called the police, obama is screwed on this matter, and from this point on it feel's like were in a modified version of 1956.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad I'm Retired.
    The unwritten law that sums it up is "Contempt of Cop".

If the incident was handled correctly and properly by *******, why where the charges dropped within 24 hrs?
    Next why did the state commision handling LE training require the Cambridge PD to incorperate a training guide the topic of profiling?

Fun Fact------
    Texas is the founding and leading state of racial profiling.
    I'm sure it was dropped because of political issues. They saw the media storm brewing and did not want to be involved

[Full 'Jungle Monkey' Email by Officer Justin Barrett

BY ROGERS CADENHEAD
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 02:02 PM

Here's the full text of the email sent by Boston police officer Justin Barrett to Boston Globecolumnist Yvonne Abraham in response to her criticism of the arrest of Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr.
    In 2009, we have a policeman who feels its okay to call someone a “Jungle Monkey”. In fact, he repeated it four times within his letter and proclaimed proudly that he would have sprayed Professor Gates in the face with OC. That scares me, because he roams around freely with a gun on his hip. If Officer Barrett would spray a defenseless old man in the face for “belligerent non-compliance” what would he do to a young man who committed a crime yet gave up when captured? Worst yet, what would he do if he felt the person was a “jungle monkey”.

As a police officer, I’ve always wondered why people would defend actions that were incomprehensible. Why after a guy robs a store and is shot, his mother would say, he wasn’t a bad person or why did they have to shoot him. I guess civilians wonder why police officers defend each other even when our actions are wrong. As kids we were taught the bigger person would walk away, and in this case there were no big people in the room, just big egos.

I’m happy the people involved in this incident were able to share a beer together, but I feel sorry for the rest of us. Thanks to the actions of those two educated and seemly intelligent men, race relations just took three giant steps backwards. We landed right back in a time when we are divided by race and its okay to prejudge each other and call each other names based on the color of our skin. I hope the beer was worth it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast