Sgt ******* and Cambridge Police Dept - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Sgt ******* and Cambridge Police Dept

If a road patrol officer had arrested Gates they would be reprimanded for using poor discretion. As ******* is a supervisor, he will not be. My opinion is that Gates was bagged for being a rectal orifice. Gates is the only racist involved in the incident. President Obama remarks and jumping to conclusions also comes close to borderline racism. And before the accusations of me being a racist comes flying, I voted for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by hjack23
    It's no secret that Sgt. ******* Arrested Gates because Gates pissed him off. Once Sgt. ******* determined that Gates lived at the residence that should have been the end. Sgt. ******* is no different then the rest of us who has 15 someone or given someone a citation not because they did something wrong but because of their attitude. Stop Praising him like he's a darn hero.
    I think everyone that has been responding to my comment misunderstood the third sentence. What i mean is, we all as law enforcement officer at one point in our career has come across someone that has done something wrong, however we have the discretion whether or not to make an arrest. If we do decide to make an arrest we still have the discretion of physical or NTA (except felonies). Gates definitely acted disorderly however, Sgt. *******'s motivation for the arrest was not because Gates acted Disorderly it was because of gates' poor attitude. Did Sgt. ******* really had to arrest that man in his own home? at least have a stronger charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If a road patrol officer had arrested Gates they would be reprimanded for using poor discretion. As ******* is a supervisor, he will not be. My opinion is that Gates was bagged for being a rectal orifice. Gates is the only racist involved in the incident. President Obama remarks and jumping to conclusions also comes close to borderline racism. And before the accusations of me being a racist comes flying, I voted for Obama.
    I agree with the first part, you couldn't have said it any better. In my opinion i think that Gates over reacted, but Sgt. ******* did not make the situation any better. As far as Pres. Obama, He had no business opening his mouth in this incident.

The medical profession have as their credo the saying " Do no harm."

Most Americans are also used to hearing the term "Protect and serve."

If only members of the law enforcement community will not only do no harm, but also to
    remember it is their credo to protect and serve. Two separate terms denoting a set of two profound principals. I am not sure if its just me being too 'sensitive,' but I'm sometimes very ashamed of the thuggery like pronunciations made by many so called Law Enforcement Officers on this site, and similar sites both print and electronic around this country. Its evident that many in the law enforcement profession are their worst enemy when it comes to remembering that the essence of their profession is that of a Peace Officer, not a street thug or rabble rouser. Reasonable and decent people are listening and watching our every actions and nuances. Perhaps learning how to differentiate between the terms 'racist, and 'stupidity' can be a good start. Reasonable people I believe may say that stupidity and racist are terms denoting (1) actions, and (2)a state of being. Neither of which are respective of ones nationality or pigmentation. These are both strong terms, and should be reflected upon seriously by reasonable and intelligent people. Perhaps this debate may spark this reflection by decent people. Perhaps it may not.

The good neighbor rule doesn't just apply to so called church folks. Lets not allow the men and women of the law enforcement profession to become loathed and feared and more than many here have rendered plenty of evidence for some to continue doing. Why not fear God and behave like decent and reasonable people. This is not a perfect world, and I don't believe this is an unreasonable request. Unless of course peace making is not the essence of ones intentions!

Sgt. Leon Lashley, thank you. Your family,friends and the officers of Cambridge PD are truly fourtunate to have a man of your calibre and integrity working with the. Good luck to you sir, you have my respect.

All i have to say is if it was a white professor that got arrested, there would be no (or very little) media attention nor a trip to the white house. The Sergeant did his job and I guess the black professor got some pull. That is it, no more, no less.

Post Re: Sgt ******* and Cambridge Police Dept

Okay, here is my $0.02... If someone ever calls in a burglary at my house, please come in with your firearm drawn and down whoever you find in my house. Even if it is me and even if you are black, white, brown or any other color of the rainbow. I will comply and show you an actual identification with my address on it and not a school, or work ID that doesn't have my home address on it. Once you determine I should be there and uncuff me I will shake your hand and thank you for doing your job and protecting my sh!t.

Now, this is Obama's 3rd racist friend that we know about (Louis Farrakhan, Jeremiah Wright and now Henry Louis Gates) and it is quite embarrassing that our president keeps putting his foot in his mouth when he defends racist people. If he don't get new friends, he might start a race war. Also, why has no one ever asked why the only thing from the video we see is a still photo and not the video itself? Could it be that the professor was hurling racist insults and ******* was remaining professional in his conduct? One can only wonder.

You'll have to excuse OBie, he's still trying to be Lincoln. And to the guy or gal who said we should never act like thugs, evidently you have never mixed it up with a gang of hood rats. When in Rome.....

Did everyone catch the symbolism of the beer selected by *******? I had to LOL. Yea, you'll get my apology when there's a BLUE MOON! Good one, Sarg. One thing the world doesn't really ever get to know is just how funny cops are - the best.

Cambridge cop acting "stupidly", Hollywood cop acting "stupidly", what's new. Those are just the ones that we know about. Do not condone illegal behaviour.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast