Concerned citizen

Unhappy Concerned citizen

What is going on with the police department.I have heard that many of the long standing, good officers are leaving due to bad working conditions. I have noticed alot of new faces on the police department and they never wave or smile when I attempt to say hello. Is this a new website?

Re: Concerned citizen

First please allow me to say that majority of the officers are wonderful people, including most of the newer ones. The problem with Bristol PD is the admin that is running the department. Please believe me when I say that they are f-in idiots. They forget where they came from and are so busy being a puppet for the city manager. Several of the cities best officers have left the department for other jobs within LE and other non LE jobs. The admin does not care if they have officers that do anything as their thinking is that for one there will never be an officer as good as they (the admin) once was and two if the officers do nothing then the city will never get in trouble. I am very ashamed of the Bristol PD admin as there are officers that have great potential that are kept from doing the job of a true LEO because of the fear of a citizen not thinking that Bristol is a Mayberry. Bristol PD Admin needs to realize that Mayberry is not real so get over it and face the reality of life and that nowhere is without crime and drugs. If you want to see the trueness of the admin in action read up or search on their actions, comments, feelings after the shooting and killing of Officer Mark Vance.....oh wait there was no reaction from them except that the vehicle window decals in memory of the killed officer was ordered to be removed off every patrol vehicle and the officer that created the stickers was written up for creating the stickers.

Bristol PD is a joke and most of the officers that are still there has their hands tied. So please believe that it is not the officers that is the reason for Bristol PD the way it is as it is the admin of the department. I could go on and on about issues with the department but nothing is ever going to change their until they get rid of the chief and his little b-itch Musgrove, which I would trust a drug user in the drug safe in an evidence room before trusting either of those two.

If you have questions I am sure I could enlight you more on the truth about the Bristol PD.

A FREAKIN MEN BROTHA. That Dept. sounds like a sinking ship.

unfortunately I feel that we, the officers of the Bristol TN PD, dont have much to smile about these days. With changes that once made our agency the "place to be" in our region such as numerous overtime opportunities ( pretty much gone), 10 hour work days with paid gym time/membership and a training day every two weeks (gone), set shifts (likely to be gone soon). Now we face low morale for a multitude of reasons, many of them already listed and each officer has his or her own reasons. At the station face an aministration that seems to only have covering thier own rear-ends which leads to the officer on the street having his or her hands tied by liability based policy versus policies that give the tools we need to succeed in enforcing the law effectively. For reasons unknown to me it seems we are run by the city managers office who then pulls the strings of the chief. we have two majors one, a legend in his own mind and could retire at any time ( and should) the other so busy politicing for chief that it seems his only concern is making that goal come to fruition. While on the street we face increasing call loads, fatigue, manpower shortages, possibliltiy of being fired or unfairly disciplined over complaints that are minor in nature (generally, though there are times that complaints on officers are justified). Courts, both city and state that tend to make a mockery out of the criminal justice system. We face increasing threats from the public in the form of felonious assault, even this site has a section called the war on cops.
    The pressures from outside of the station are expected in my book but not from within our ranks. I do love what I do and this community, so thank you concerned citizen for pointing this out in a respectful way I'll try to do a better job of returning waves and smiles.

Arrow Re: Concerned citizen

Well put!!! Let's start with Chief (I use that title loosely) Blaine "Legend in his own mind" Wade. Ok, read the following and if anyone can tell me i'm wrong, feel free to step up and correct me but I think EVERYONE WILL AGREE! The following is a perfect diagonosis of Blaine!

Diagnostic Features:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, extreme self-involvement, and lack of empathy for others. Individuals with this disorder are usually arrogantly self-assured and confident. They expect to be noticed as superior. Many highly successful individuals might be considered narcissistic. However, this disorder is only diagnosed when these behaviors become persistent and very disabling or distressing. (Does this sounds spot on so far???....continue reading!!)

Complications:

Vulnerability in self-esteem makes individuals with this disorder very sensitive to criticism or defeat. Although they may not show it outwardly, criticism may haunt these individuals these individuals and may leave them feeling humiliated, degraded, hollow, and empty. They may react with disdain, rage, or defiant counterattack. Their social life is often impaired due to problems derived from entitlement, the need for admiration, and the relative disregard for the sensitivities of others. Though their excessive ambition and confidence may lead to high achievement; performance may be disrupted due to intolerance of criticism or defeat. Sometimes vocational functioning can be very low, reflecting an unwillingness to take a risk in competitive or other situations in which defeat is possible. Individuals with this disorder have special difficulties adjusting to growing old and losing their former ?superiority?. (i'm sure those that know enough about Blaine can see every one of the previous complications!)

Comorbidity:

In this disorder, sustained feelings of shame or humiliation and the attendant self-criticism may be associated with social withdrawal, depressed mood, and Dysthymic or Major Depressive Disorder. In contrast, sustained periods of grandiosity may be associated with a hypomanic mood. Anorexia Nervosa, Substance-Related Disorders (especially related to cocaine), and other Personality Disorders (especially Histrionic, Borderline, Antisocial, and Paranoid) frequently co-occur with this disorder. (hmmmm...still spot on so far!...KEEP READING!!)

Associated Laboratory Findings:

No laboratory test has been found to be diagnostic of this disorder.
    (Folks, your all screwed!!)

Prevalence:

The prevalence of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is less than 1% of the general population. It is seen in 2% to 16% of psychiatric outpatients. This disorder is !) This disorder is more frequent in males (50% to 75%) than females.

Course:
    Narcissistic traits are very common in adolescents, but most adolescents grow out of this behavior. Unfortunately, for some, this narcissistic behavior persists and intensifies into adulthood; thus they become diagnosed with this disorder. (and there you have it, thats the rest of the story!!) GOD HELP YOU ALL!!

Hmmm....

Post Re: Concerned citizen

Good to see the administration is watching.....hope your paying close attention....for the truth hurts, doesn't it ....Hmmmmm??? :evil:

Unhappy Re: Concerned citizen

.............when will the "spanish inquisition" begin or maybe IA will get cleared to water board us. LMAO :devil: