Gates - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Gates

Re: Gates

Come on now, getting down to calling the President a racist. As a seasoned COP just look at the statement of the "Police acting stupidely ..." I do not agree with the President's statement but calling him racist is being ignorant and racist yourself.

We have to do a better job of presenting facts because it is not only COPs on this site but the media and citizens.

Stick with the facts and nothing but the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    HEY SARGE TAKE A SMALL TAPE RECORDER WITH YOU IF YOU DO DECIDE TO HAVE A BEER WITH THOSE TWO RACISTS.
    LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Another Florida COP
    Ok, we all know the Sergeant put a POP charge on the professor. At the same time, the professor should have acted more reasonably and not get into a confrontation. Serg, I stand by you as a brother officer, but you needed to swallow some pride based on where you work and the people you work for. We all have put POP charges on people. Serg, you just got slamed with the wrong guy.

As an Obama supporter, there is no excuse for him to make statements on local issues or without all the facts. With that said, Serg you have the oppourtunity to be a man and face the president and provide our side of the badge. Because the citizens don't care about black or white officers they just disrespect the Blue Uniform. Take that message to the President on civil responsibility of citizens to respect police officers and at the same time learn from your experience and don't be closed minded to what occurred. Everything happens for reason.

Stay Safe,

Another Florida COP
    Hey We "all" dont know that he put a pop charge on the professor. You my friend are an ignorant moron who probably got hired just because you were book smart..ie: NO STREET SMARTS! I am hispanic, and ashamed at Obamas reply to this incident..If you havent guessed it by now, I DIDNT VOTE FOR THIS CLOWN..History tells us that communist countries are the only counties that the president has rule and control over everything..."No checks and balances" This is exactly what we are seeing here. Congress is even upset that Obama acted this way...So open your eyes Obama supporter, and stop talking crap!!...Oh and BTW what the hell is a serg??..oh you mean Sarge?? right??

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom
    Come on now, getting down to calling the President a racist. As a seasoned COP just look at the statement of the "Police acting stupidely ..." I do not agree with the President's statement but calling him racist is being ignorant and racist yourself.

We have to do a better job of presenting facts because it is not only COPs on this site but the media and citizens.

You my friend should look up the word racist in the dictionary.....fits Obama to the T....especially when he said in the conference that he was bias.....Thats a "fact"

Quote Originally Posted by floridapopo

You my friend should look up the word racist in the dictionary.....fits Obama to the T....especially when he said in the conference that he was bias.....Thats a "fact"
    I agree, the president should have kept his mouth shut. On the other side, read what Colin Powell has stated about the entire situation. You can really tell, Powell has the been there,done that mentality. Look in I said what I needed to in the thread titled beers, good luck to my brothers and sisters in Cambridge, I hope you get on with your lives quickly and put this behind you. One last thing, as a transplanted NYer of over 40 years, Manny and Big Poopy did roids! Yankees rule,Red Sox drool....3.5 back and it's gonna get bigger! Buck Foston!!!! ARod don't look that bad now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride'n the fence
    I can see both sides but as a veteran officer, I would have walked away once it was determined this was the home owner. We all know not everyone likes us or thinks we are doing a great job. Gates is certainly setting a poor example for young people in particular. But unfortunately, since Obama took office I can't help but notice people of color sorta think they're in charge now. We only elected one Black man to run the country. For the rest of them, a little respect for our profession will do nicely.
    Posted in response to the above

When you say "we elected a black man" I have to take exception to that remark. You and others may have elected him but I had nothing to do with it. All the information about Obama was out there before the election and anyone just a little smarter than a fool could have seen what was coming. It only took six months but comes as no surprise to me. The Japanese have a saying that if you want to know a man's character, look to his friends. In Obama's case that would be Wright, Ayers, Dorne and now Gates, not to mention his America adorning wife Michelle. Before I go further let me put something I know you're thinking to rest; if Walter Williams or Thomas Sowell had been a presidential candidate I would have voted for either over John McCain and I'm a republican. At least I was but today I see no difference between the two so I don't know what I am other than pissed. Sergeant ******* has nothing to apologize for and in my view is a stand up person. My only reservation about the outcome of this incident is that of meeting with these buffons for a beer. I would tell them both no thanks. If there's a "racist" to be found in this situation then look no further than Gates and Obama. That's my definition of a "learning moment" because it is what it is. The "because I'm black" excuse doesn't get it with me.

Bar fly
    Florida ABT

I don't think I'd want you deciphering evidence at a crime scene because the words "the police acted stupidly" doesn't evidence racisim. That can be found in a person taking sides with one person over the other without knowing the facts which is exactly what the anointed one did. He sided with a black man over a white man and as the truth unfolds, it becomes obvious where (and with whom) the racial alliances are identified.

Sgt. *******:
    You did very will in the news conference. You make the rest of us proud to be cops. And, you showed a lot of patience during the incident. God bless you and the rest of your department.
    Palm Beach County FL deputy...

Bar Fly:

Couldn't Obama taking sides with Gates without knowing the facts be interpreted not as one black man blindly siding with another black man but as a fellow academic siding with his friend? Another poster has admittedly sided with ******* without knowing all the facts because he was "backing up a fellow officer." Could Obama's comment represent his loyalty and faith in his friend, and not racism? I personally don't know Obama's motivation behind the "stupid" remark, but I cannot be CERTAIN it was borne of prejudice against whites or police officers. To rabidly assert that Obama is racist because he said ******* "acted stupidly" could be considered just as racist as Gates' initial reflexive declamations that ******* was racist.

Bar Fly,

I have to agree with you. Why are we as cops even coming accross and accusing people of racism. All those Florida cops on this blog are giving the rest of us Florida cops a bad name.

It is imperative we look at all the issues on both sides.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast