Why hasn't Utset been fired or Demoted

Why hasn't Utset been fired or Demoted

After the last Hervis ruling, the city got its a$$ handed to them again. The judge blasted Utset's memo in the final judgement. Even the Deputy had to step back and distance himself from this poison.

"Executive Assistant Utset drafted a memorandum in response to Lt. Hervis's memorandum requesting a meeting with Chief Timoney. In the memorandum, Utset specifically mentioned Lt. Hervis' condition:

Observing the fact that Lt. Hervis appears to have a significant medical condition, I cautioned him on the span of control in patrol.... While I don't know what Lt. Hervis' medical condition is, from a management standpoint, and understanding the scope of work Deputy NET Commanders perform on the street, I was concerned that the lieutenant might have difficulty performing tasks, and that the additional stress might be counter productive to the lieutenant's medical condition.

...Deputy Chief Fernandez apologized for Utset;s representations and assured Lt. Hervis that no such policy existed.

...Based on this evidence, we find the City of Miami did discriminate against Lt. Hervis because of his disability."

What an embarrassment. Another example of the Deputy surrounding himself with "yes" men and woman. This action will cost the city a lot of money. I think it should come out of tony's check.

He can work off duties to pay for it, come November, when he is a midnight Sergeant in patrol.

Re: Why hasn't Utset been fired or Demoted

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    After the last Hervis ruling, the city got its a$$ handed to them again. The judge blasted Utset's memo in the final judgement. Even the Deputy had to step back and distance himself from this poison.

"Executive Assistant Utset drafted a memorandum in response to Lt. Hervis's memorandum requesting a meeting with Chief Timoney. In the memorandum, Utset specifically mentioned Lt. Hervis' condition:

Observing the fact that Lt. Hervis appears to have a significant medical condition, I cautioned him on the span of control in patrol.... While I don't know what Lt. Hervis' medical condition is, from a management standpoint, and understanding the scope of work Deputy NET Commanders perform on the street, I was concerned that the lieutenant might have difficulty performing tasks, and that the additional stress might be counter productive to the lieutenant's medical condition.

...Deputy Chief Fernandez apologized for Utset;s representations and assured Lt. Hervis that no such policy existed.

...Based on this evidence, we find the City of Miami did discriminate against Lt. Hervis because of his disability."

What an embarrassment. Another example of the Deputy surrounding himself with "yes" men and woman. This action will cost the city a lot of money. I think it should come out of tony's check.

He can work off duties to pay for it, come November, when he is a midnight Sergeant in patrol.
    Ok Mike, we know you wrote this be a man and put your name on it. Stop wining because you have never done an ounce of real police work in your entire career, You have been a free loader and the real reason for your promotions have been my connections.

If anything he will be promoted. He has done more for the department than you guys realize.
    He gives the deputy good advice on what strategies to use to keep crime in check and the manpower evenly dispersed. Once Exposito takes over and his band of Sieglies have his ear you'll wish these good old days were back. Stop with the hatred and leave Tony alone. And while your at it push for Trooper Joe.

This sad episode is just another example of how this administration or lack thereof, treats its employees and costs the taxpayers hundreds and thousands of dollars in lawsuits.Thankfully it is also more ammunition that our next mayor and Chief will use to fire them. It is also a clear example of what happens when you put immature, biased and inexperienced individuals to carry out a job that is well above their capabilities.Hopefully this long nightmare will be over soon and we can send these mental giants packing.

The Timoney/Fernandez administration will go down in our history as one of the most malignant regimes ever to be imposed on this institution. May it leave and their names never be repeated in our hallways ever again.

Three months and counting,,,,,,,,

Exposito and Regalado

The right team at the right time in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    and understanding the scope of work Deputy NET Commanders perform on the street
    What could Upset possibly know about what ANYONE does on the street? Unless you count spying on you with a camera.

IF I WERE THE L T, I WOULD GO AFTER USELESS UTSET FOR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. HE VIOLATED THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT WHICH HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE THE EARLY 80's. HIS ACTS ARE MAJOR INCOMPETENCE, AND HE SHOULD PAY OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET. NOT THE CASH STRAPPED CITY. AND BONEHEAD AND POSTALITA SIGNED OFF ON IT TOO AND HAVE BUCKS THEY CAN PAY

Utset is one ugly guy. He talks like he is a retarded New Yorker. He also resembles Taliban that I have shot at in Afganistan. God help this thing called Utset.