privatize the jail - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: privatize the jail

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    CCA rep was seen in admin office today so be ready jailers.
    come on man lets be real. these rumors have been going around for hmmmmmm 20 some odd years now right? this is a dumb topic and it gets brought up every year and of course every year nothing happens. in a way i wouldnt mind it, i will go to hills. and in 5 years i would be making more than a 20 year deputy in pasco. its a win win for me. i just dont feel like starting at the bottom and thats the only thing that keeps me here is seniority but hey its really not that big of a deal i can take the pay raise.
    In all of your 20 years here has the economy ever been this bad? I doubt it, the jail is more overhead than the sheriff needs or can afford. He can turn it over to the county who already owns the building and they can hire CCA who can do the job at a much cheaper rate.

Remember the hart of the department is law enforcement. They can make him look good or bad and right now I do not believe there are many patrol deputies, sergeants, lieutenants, or detectives that support the sheriff. Law Enforcement deputies are bailing from the sinking ship as fast as they can because they can go anywhere and there is still a market for them to leave, if the sheriff is smart he needs to keep as many of them as he can. Jailers are very limited on where they can go, not many agencies want a jailer who is dual certified when they can have a tried and true real deputy.

First I will hit both sides of the issue going around:

1. The PBA thing going around and the rumors that the Administration is behind it, " GO FU*K YOURSELVES!" you all had the chance when the FOP was here but you FU*K Sticks kicked them out because you were told to by a person that said he was looking out for your best interest and that they were not doing anything. Well you all must remember that person was the president and pushing the direction. Now all of a sudden you are running around scared and are going to sign cards for the PBA? Come on you all look and act like a bunch of puppets and fear mongers, get a grip of yourself and act like you can think for your selves for once in your life. I would for one love to see the papers print a story about how the Sheriff would not sit down with the FOP and talk about the issues and now all of a sudden he is allowing Lieutenants to hold meetings in his building telling deputies they should sign up for the PBA in the jail.

2. for the Road Dogs out there that keep posting your shit, remember your jobs is very similar to ours, same amount of time in the academy similar state test ( I have taken both) you are not shit. There are many of great guys out there and you guys do a great job, but for the ones that keep putting shit on this site remember one thing you always put it here and never say anything in person to the guys at the jail or anywhere else, great indicator of your ability.

come on man lets be real. these rumors have been going around for hmmmmmm 20 some odd years now right? this is a dumb topic and it gets brought up every year and of course every year nothing happens. in a way i wouldnt mind it, i will go to hills. and in 5 years i would be making more than a 20 year deputy in pasco. its a win win for me. i just dont feel like starting at the bottom and thats the only thing that keeps me here is seniority but hey its really not that big of a deal i can take the pay raise.
    In all of your 20 years here has the economy ever been this bad? I doubt it, the jail is more overhead than the sheriff needs or can afford. He can turn it over to the county who already owns the building and they can hire CCA who can do the job at a much cheaper rate.

Remember the hart of the department is law enforcement. They can make him look good or bad and right now I do not believe there are many patrol deputies, sergeants, lieutenants, or detectives that support the sheriff. Law Enforcement deputies are bailing from the sinking ship as fast as they can because they can go anywhere and there is still a market for them to leave, if the sheriff is smart he needs to keep as many of them as he can. Jailers are very limited on where they can go, not many agencies want a jailer who is dual certified when they can have a tried and true real deputy.
    this is one of the dumbest statements i have read in a long time. OK retard first things first, the last meeting that the admin had they said straight out "we run it cheaper than cca would" i know this because i was there. what evidence do you have that cca is cheaper than if we run it our selves? are you making this up as you go or do you know anything? second of all i don't know one deputy on the road that voted for white this last election, you know what that tells me? He doesn't need you for shat, and remember who did support him during the election and he thanked them for it? detention did, you know why we voted for him? we like our job unlike patrol. its nice in the jail maybe you should get dual certified and work in the jail, more job security in the jail do you know why? we have to meet certain standards and we need a certain amount of deputies to do so. what do they do when you guys need to run short handed, oh wait they just run short cause they can. well they cant run short in the jail. so with the economy being this bad and the admin saying they can do it cheaper with data to back that up what makes you think they want to turn it over to the cca guys. and ummmm by the way if no jobs are available like you say, where do you think we will work retard? the lol jail of course, so it may be ran by someone else but you will be working with the same people and nothing changes. eventually we will find better jobs down the road and they will replace us with people that are slower, dumber, and cheaper, and believe me i have been to a cca facility before and you will have tons of fun when this happens. as for the road supporting white? you guys haven't supported white in 5 years. and your final comment which i thought was the dumbest of them all "dual jailers are limited on where they can go" im not great at math but that would mean an applicant with two active certifications could put in applications for the jail and patrol. hmmmm that means more of a chance to get a job. if you lose your job in patrol you have half the opportunity than we do to get a job. i passed every test you did and i will guarantee my grades were better than yours. but keep thinking your king shat over there it doesnt bother me i have more options than you and always will.

this is one of the dumbest statements i have read in a long time. OK retard first things first, the last meeting that the admin had they said straight out "we run it cheaper than cca would" i know this because i was there. what evidence do you have that cca is cheaper than if we run it our selves? are you making this up as you go or do you know anything? second of all i don't know one deputy on the road that voted for white this last election, you know what that tells me? He doesn't need you for shat, and remember who did support him during the election and he thanked them for it? detention did, you know why we voted for him? we like our job unlike patrol. its nice in the jail maybe you should get dual certified and work in the jail, more job security in the jail do you know why? we have to meet certain standards and we need a certain amount of deputies to do so. what do they do when you guys need to run short handed, oh wait they just run short cause they can. well they cant run short in the jail. so with the economy being this bad and the admin saying they can do it cheaper with data to back that up what makes you think they want to turn it over to the cca guys. and ummmm by the way if no jobs are available like you say, where do you think we will work retard? the lol jail of course, so it may be ran by someone else but you will be working with the same people and nothing changes. eventually we will find better jobs down the road and they will replace us with people that are slower, dumber, and cheaper, and believe me i have been to a cca facility before and you will have tons of fun when this happens. as for the road supporting white? you guys haven't supported white in 5 years. and your final comment which i thought was the dumbest of them all "dual jailers are limited on where they can go" im not great at math but that would mean an applicant with two active certifications could put in applications for the jail and patrol. hmmmm that means more of a chance to get a job. if you lose your job in patrol you have half the opportunity than we do to get a job. i passed every test you did and i will guarantee my grades were better than yours. but keep thinking your king shat over there it doesnt bother me i have more options than you and always will.
    Of course the jail security guards actually believe Bob Whites fuzzy math.

Obviously, there is a separation between the Detention Deputies and Patrol. Some of you in patrol, not all, have often made it obvious you feel that detention staff is beneath you. I have observed this for 15+ years. It's funny in that I'm sure in Vice/Narcotics, have individuals that act that way towards Property Crimes, or even their fellow patrol members, etc. I can see being proud of your achievements or position, but everyone serves a purpose to achieve a common goal; to search, find, investigate, arrest, detain, and hold accountable in court, those who violate the rules and laws of this state. Some of you have forgotten your purpose, and have become more concerned of "status". Some of you have lowered yourselves in maturity and professionalism within this forum, so now I need to speak my piece. There is good and bad members on both "sides" of the law enforcement fence, and in each of the specialized areas. Some things to mention, if the jail does go private, the money saved will be returned to the Commisioners, or the entity overseeing jail management. You have seen the budget hearings the past few years, "Boss Hog" and his commisioners do not differentiate between the jail and the road when they speak of cutting expense/equipment in law enforcement. Even if the jail went private, the minimal savings might go to fund new lacrosse arenas and tennis court construction. That's if the commisioners could spare the change after multiple lawsuits are settled, paid out for "civilian jailer's" lack of security, violations of individuals rights, etc. I'm glad I do not reside in Pasco County, at least my taxes won't go up to cover legal expenses (sorry for the reality check Pasco citizens/voters). I hope the "scare" of privatization fades as the Pasco residents realize we do our jobs more professional, safer, and secure on both sides of the fence, more than a private firm would could hope to provide.

"jail security guards" spoken like a true deputy with a GED. some of patrol should take advantage of tuition reimbursement to attempt to get a little smarter like this guy who needs the small things explained to him. go back to school and get a job that requires thinking instead of reading radar guns for a living.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123