COUNTY IS TAKING A 5% PAY CUT
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

COUNTY IS TAKING A 5% PAY CUT

kiss the 3% in october good bye. the county is taking a 5% pay cut. we are next for sure. that stadium is going to be great though.

Re: COUNTY IS TAKING A 5% PAY CUT

3%, we have already given up 9% because of the stabilization already.

Its corrupt politics, they will now play the "we are broke" game. Millions for a grapeland water park? millions for a baseball park? Criminals are going crazy with A-k47's. lets cut salaries on the City employees is the easiest target for the corrupt and greedy.

What about the Fire Department...............Lets stick to our guns and let them take it from the Fire Department. Look at all the $$$ they are making. Accourding to some accounts, some of them made up to a 45 % pay increase (and this is right from thier lips). All they do is brag about what a GREAT contract they got. When was the last time you saw the fire department put out a REAL fire?

Even the fire reps could not beleive the deal they got. They couldn't believe that Morable and his bunch of pecker heads gave them more than they were will to ask. WELL stop taking from us.

This will be a true test for the FOP. They dropped the ball on the stablizer and watch them drop the ball on the 3%.

Hey FOP in November we're getting a new mayor and a new chief, who are you going to blame it on now............HUMmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm mad as hell and we are not going to take it any more. FOP either stand up for us or get out of the way so we may get a real bargining group to do it for us. :evil:

CHECK OUT THE HERALD. PAY CUT, HERE WE COME.

People, the answer is very simple. $50 million deficit? No problem. Do away with the $100 million parking garage for the fat cat millionaire art dealer Marlins owner and then we will have a $50 million surplus! Simple math.

We have a guaranteed contract signed by the city. In order to open that up, THEY, the CITY has to declare a true fiscal emergency, like they did in 1996. This means that they do not have the means to fund contracts and other city services. The state of Florida, i.e. the Republican governor will step in and impose an Oversight Board on the Democratic mayor to govern and oversee city expenditures. The commission will be limited to spending NO MORE than $3000 on ANYTHING, including pet projects, equipment, services, ANYTHING, without Oversight Board approval. This includes Regalado, Sanchez and the rest of the commission clowns. The bond ratings on Wall Street will be reduced to JUNK status, which means that the city WILL NOT be able to borrow money and capital to fund pet projects, INCLUDING the Marlins. They DO NOT want to go this route again.

Because of gross mismanagement by those including Fire Fee Manny, the Commission and city manager, the city FAILED to put away monies into a "rainy day" fund when times were prosperous. Now we will have to pay the price for their malfeasance. Naturally, these cuts will be on the backs of the employees as always. The citizens will not share the burdens. It's always us. GOODBYE next contract. I foresee impass. Our FOP officers sold us out on the Marlin's stadium and pension stabilization, and they will sell us out on concessions. Only in numbers can WE, the rank and file stand up to this nonsense.

If they try to deny our October raise, file a lawsuit for breach of contract. Make them open the books and show that they can't fund it. My bet is that they won't open the books.

But will the F.O.P. back the rank in file? Or will they cry wolf like all the other times and give in. God knows what deals the F.O.P. and the new incomming Mayor AKA the RAT have cut out.
    Hummmmmmmmmmmmm Let's see who from the F.O.P. or family members get made on this deal.

We need to say infront of the curve on this because we all know that the F.O.P. will not. They will lie to us (just like in the pass) sell us a sweet package of shit and tell us it's in the mail.

Wake up F.O.P. we are not going to take it any more. Pick a side, are you with US the rank and File or are you in bed with the dogs.

We need separation from negotiation. The negotiating team must not be associated with police politics and must be a professional negotiating team. Not the back door wheeling and dealing that has gone on way too. FOP, be prepared for the back lash if the 3% falls between the cracks like our pension stabilizer.
    PS. Per the members of the F.O.P. ……………Oh it’s a done deal

If the 3% falls through like stabilization, then be warned. There will be a motion made for impeachment against Armando!

Quote Originally Posted by Two Cents
    But will the F.O.P. back the rank in file? Or will they cry wolf like all the other times and give in. God knows what deals the F.O.P. and the new incomming Mayor AKA the RAT have cut out.
    Hummmmmmmmmmmmm Let's see who from the F.O.P. or family members get made on this deal.

We need to say infront of the curve on this because we all know that the F.O.P. will not. They will lie to us (just like in the pass) sell us a sweet package of shizzat and tell us it's in the mail.

Wake up F.O.P. we are not going to take it any more. Pick a side, are you with US the rank and File or are you in bed with the dogs.

We need separation from negotiation. The negotiating team must not be associated with police politics and must be a professional negotiating team. Not the back door wheeling and dealing that has gone on way too. FOP, be prepared for the back lash if the 3% falls between the cracks like our pension stabilizer.
    Two cents, in back door negotiations: i'm getting a yukon (oh, i forgot that's for the recruitment and selection unit, too bad we have no budget to recruit), a job promotion (oh, sorry thats for the ex-CIP Director because she is pete hernandez's pal) , and free parking at the stadium (don't think so, i'm not a politician). What side are you on? I stand for the members. If you're so interested and concerned about the benefits of our members, i'll see you at the next meeting. And, please don't give me the same song and dance that you can't make it TO ANY OF THEM. YOU are the membership. YOU ARE THE FOP.

For those that say we will get PBA...John Rivera cares about one thing, himself. I want you to call him at 3 in the morning when you're in a shooting. 5% reduction in pay for the Miami Dade Cops. Is Miami Dade Police Officers going to go to FOP because of hard financial times? And, for those that say they have great legal defense...Check with most Officers. They are members of other legal programs due to the poor representation by the PBA.
    For those that say we want the TEAMSTERS...Ask Monroe County how they did with them. When I get into a jam, I don't want a trucker showing up as my shop steward in IA.

As our National Union President said......FOP....WE DON'T DO TRUCKERS!

Get involved. Get informed. Become an FOP Rep.

[quote=JAVI ORTIZ]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Two Cents":16fhm0fs

We need to say infront of the curve on this because we all know that the F.O.P. will not. They will lie to us (just like in the pass) sell us a sweet package of shizzat and tell us it's in the mail.

Two cents, in back door negotiations: i'm getting a yukon (oh, i forgot that's for the recruitment and selection unit, too bad we have no budget to recruit), a job promotion (oh, sorry thats for the ex-CIP Director because she is pete hernandez's pal) , and free parking at the stadium (don't think so, i'm not a politician). What side are you on? I stand for the members. If you're so interested and concerned about the benefits of our members, i'll see you at the next meeting. And, please don't give me the same song and dance that you can't make it TO ANY OF THEM. YOU are the membership. YOU ARE THE FOP.

For those that say we will get PBA...John Rivera cares about one thing, himself. I want you to call him at 3 in the morning when you're in a shooting. 5% reduction in pay for the Miami Dade Cops. Is Miami Dade Police Officers going to go to FOP because of hard financial times? And, for those that say they have great legal defense...Check with most Officers. They are members of other legal programs due to the poor representation by the PBA.
    For those that say we want the TEAMSTERS...Ask Monroe County how they did with them. When I get into a jam, I don't want a trucker showing up as my shop steward in IA.

As our National Union President said......FOP....WE DON'T DO TRUCKERS!

Get involved. Get informed. Become an FOP Rep.[/quote:16fhm0fs]

javi, we aren't talking about you, we are talking about those above you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast