Doing some research
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Doing some research

I have a completely finished application for Miami-Gardens PD and im just waiting to turn it in. But im still a little courious on some things down there, if anyone one can help me out I can make my decision. I would really appreciate it.
    Plus im not just a civi lol, I have more than a couple solid years with a very well known organization thats having some big budget issues, ive worked right across countyline with some of you, and I would like to join your team.

how is the report writing system?
    are you allowed to workout on duty?
    does patrol have an alternate uniform other than just the dark blue?
    can you wear outter vest covers for patrol?
    can you have facial hair?
    are visible tattoos allowed?
    how many units to a shift?
    can you still take care of business with all of those cameras?
    how long does it take to get into a specialized unit?
    do you have a SWAT team? or are they recruiting for the team?
    how is the administration? do they support you? or find a reason to get you jammed up?
    do they entertain every complaint?
    and most importantly, how is everyones morale? do they want to work? or just slide by...

Thanks again to all of you that answer back, ill see some of you on the road
    be safe 8)

Re: Doing some research

Here are the answers to your questions:

how is the report writing system? OSSI MCT (great system and very user friendly)
    are you allowed to workout on duty? No, just because we do not have a gym
    does patrol have an alternate uniform other than just the dark blue? Not right now but we are testing a summer uniform
    can you wear outter vest covers for patrol? No
    can you have facial hair? Detectives and non-uniformed only
    are visible tattoos allowed? Not usually but varies depends on location and design
    how many units to a shift? It varies but usually 24 per shift and some overlap from days to nights
    can you still take care of business with all of those cameras? If you are professional, yes
    how long does it take to get into a specialized unit? Depends on openings and your personal work performance
    do you have a SWAT team? or are they recruiting for the team? No, but we are developing one right now
    how is the administration? do they support you? or find a reason to get you jammed up? Great and they support you 100%
    do they entertain every complaint? No
    and most importantly, how is everyones morale? do they want to work? or just slide by... Morale is great. We all work.

Hope that helps.

Lightbulb Re: Doing some research

Thank you for all of the information it was very helpful, sounds like you guys are building a great department down there. Hopefully in the near future i can join you guys. Only one problem, I contacted your citys human resource department and they advised me that PD is not hiring at this moment, that I can call back around October. Is this true :?:
    Im guessing summer the end of fiscal year, October beginning of the fiscal year.

Thanks again 8)

We are currently obtaining the COPS grant in which we will be hiring 27 new officers, most of which will be uncertified or newly certified (2 years or less experience). The point of that is to have a minimal impact on the budget as opposed to hiring 27 veterans at the top of the pay grade. Anyway, we are also expanding which will mean more opportunities in the future. Keep calling and soon you will get an answer you will like. Thanks for the interest.

That sounds great, hopefully your agency will obtain the grant, it will put more officers on the road and create more jobs, every agency needs that grant, you touched on the subject that MGPD will only be hiring uncertified and anyone that has two years or less, I currently have two years and four months do you think they will accept that? and if so, what does MGPD want in an officer? more book smart, or more tactical inetlligence?

thanks again for all of the information! 8)

We want wel rounded people...just like any agency would want. Someone who can write a report AND knows what they're doing. If thats you, good luck.

I was reading up on the post about the new grant, and on the city website there's no information about non-cert applicants due most likely to the fact that you are not hiring them at this time. Does anyone know of the qualifications that will be needed for a non-cert applicant (CJBAT scores? swim/agility testing?.....) Also when will applications be available and when will they be accepted by the department? Will applications be accepted before the job opening is announced? Any Other relevant information would be greatly appreciated.
    A few other questions about the department do they support pro-activeness, and does it show? Is the rank more of a "people pleaser" at the cost of their employees or do they support their officers? How well is all equipment maintained? And what sidearms are allowed and are rifles/shotguns allowed on the road?
    Thanks in advance for the help!

I have a few more questions for anyone working in MGPD or MOD592

Is there a shortened FTO program for certified officers?
    What kind of benifits are available? dental, medical?
    How much leave do you recieve per year?
    How hard is it to recieve a day off?
    Does the department pay for college?
    How are the training opportunities? does the department host their own courses?
    What equipment is provided and what do I have to purchase myself?

Thanks again to all that reply, your doing a great job, be safe brothers
    :cop:

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 592

how is the report writing system? OSSI MCT (great system and very user friendly)
    does patrol have an alternate uniform other than just the dark blue? Not right now but we are testing a summer uniform
    are visible tattoos allowed? Not usually but varies depends on location and design
    how many units to a shift? It varies but usually 24 per shift and some overlap from days to nights
    can you still take care of business with all of those cameras? If you are professional, yes
    how long does it take to get into a specialized unit? Depends on openings and your personal work performance
    do you have a SWAT team? or are they recruiting for the team? No, but we are developing one right now
    how is the administration? do they support you? or find a reason to get you jammed up? Great and they support you 100%
    and most importantly, how is everyones morale? do they want to work? or just slide by... Morale is great. We all work.

Hope that helps.

I hope you realized that this is someone from the dept. brass that has answered these questions for you..

The administration does NOT support you, yes, you will get jammed up..those cameras? used for nothing more than to bang you up for "aggressively talking" to the clowns in that city...the upper chain act like you're working in Sunny Isles Beach, when you're really working in the gutter of Miami, where they know all we'll do is give them a traffic citation...

Complaints? Don't you dare tell a citizen what they can or can't do...cause then your ass will be in a sling..hope THAT helps..

Quote Originally Posted by PimpNamedSlickback
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 592

Hope that helps.

I hope you realized that this is someone from the dept. brass that has answered these questions for you..

The administration does NOT support you, yes, you will get jammed up..those cameras? used for nothing more than to bang you up for "aggressively talking" to the clowns in that city...the upper chain act like you're working in Sunny Isles Beach, when you're really working in the gutter of Miami, where they know all we'll do is give them a traffic citation...

Complaints? Don't you dare tell a citizen what they can or can't do...cause then your ass will be in a sling..hope THAT helps..

You're absolutely right....this is someone from ADMIN or one of their trolls they have on patrol. the ADMIN does not care at all about the officers. We're constantly being threatened with paper work for not performing, however good is never good enough. All they care about is tickets and FI cards. Now that we have a spike in crime, of course its patrols fault. One major, Major Chapman, with NO damn real experience had the nerve to tell us we've failed as a department because of a spike in crime. This chubby fool hasn't hit the road one day since he been here and was in a movie production unit in NYPD. What a joke. The citizens, even the scumbag you just arrested the day before, is right whenever they file a complaint on you. If your camera wasn't on, then you're automatically lying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast