BAD IA INVESTIGATORS WATCH OUT!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BAD IA INVESTIGATORS WATCH OUT!

I had the honor of being with Governor Crist when he presented yesterday evening his approval of Senate Bill 624. Effective July 1, 2009 the Officer's Bill of Rights are going to change tremendously. This will empower the Fraternal Order of Police to effectively protect your rights. There are some damn good IA guys up there. BUT, unfortunately there are some Investigators in Internal Affairs that don't like to follow the rules and abuse their power as investigators. With the new law enacted, Investigators that break the rules may be decertified for violating your rights. And, we will proceed on those that violate the law. The FOP fought hard for this bill to be passed. Enough is enough. The FOP believes in fair investigations with fair discipline. We don't support wild goose chases or biased investigations.

Thanks, Javier

Here is a summary of your rights:
    - The interrogation must be at a reasonable hour.
    - The interrogation must be at a police station or at the investigating agency's office.
    - You have the right to know who your investigator is. And, only one person can ask you questions.
    - You shall be informed the name of all complainants, all identifiable witnesses shall be interviewed,

Here is a summary of your NEW RIGHTS:
    - The officer who is the subject of the complaint, along with your FOP representative of his or her choice (that means you pick the rep.), may review the complaint and all statements regardless of form made by the complainant and witnesses and all existing evidence, including, but not limited to, incident reports, analyses, GPS locator information, and audio or video recordings relating to the investigation, immediately before prior to the beginning of the investigative interview.
    - If your rights are violated (either by Internal Affairs Investigators or by a Police Supervisor), you or your FOP rep. will put them on notice. If the IA investigator or Supervisor doesn't remedy the violation right then, you and your represenative can walk right out of the interrogation and REFUSE TO ANSWER FURTHER QUESTIONS. Once this request is made the interview of the officer shall cease and the officer’s refusal to respond to further investigative questions does not constitute insubordination or any similar type of policy violation.

- Then within three days a letter will be sent to the department head to put them on notice of the violations. Then within 10 days there will be a hearing which the department head picks one person, the member picks a person, and then those two pick a person. There will be a hearing over the violations. If the board finds that the investigator did indeed violate the member's rights, he/she will be removed from the investigation. An investigation will then begin on the investigator. If it is found to be substantiated, the investigator/supervisor's case will be forwarded to the Criminal Justice Standard and Training Commission for review as an act of official misconduct or misuse of position. In plain english this means the investigator may be decertified and lose the job, certification, pension or be suspended.

Here is the link to see the entire bill:
    http://laws.flrules.org/files/Ch_2009-200.pdf

Re: BAD IA INVESTIGATORS WATCH OUT!

And do not forget everyone has civil court rights to seek damages from said I A person for violating rights. Sue the first violator of such, and the rest will be very very careful when they see that person pay up with THEIR OWN MONEY AND ASSETS. Pay backs a ***** ain't it?
    I see a twinkie person seeking a transfer big time.

What about our FOP? Who is going to investigate them. Sounds to me that they are the bigger liers.

Great job Ortiz wish I had you around when I needed a GOOD Rep. There are good reps but we have people in this department with malicious intentions. This is a profession not a battle ground for grudges.

DaMMM you Freedom fighters!!!!!

I need my reprimands and violations to make future on paper shine!!

You make baby hitler very angry!!!

TOO LATE FOR NUNEZ AND HERNANDEZ!
    YOU DO REMEMBER YOUR FRIEND NUNEZ, RAIGHT ORTIZ?

Quote Originally Posted by OH WELLLLL0****CHERNA

I don't support the actions these two men participated in. And, they took responsibility and are serving their sentences. Some people give into temptation. Instead of criticizing them, I pray for them. I will pray for you too brother.

[quote=JAVI ORTIZ]
    Quote Originally Posted by "OH WELLLLL0****CHERNA":zgecqyo2

I don't support the actions these two men participated in. And, they took responsibility and are serving their sentences. Some people give into temptation. Instead of criticizing them, I pray for them. I will pray for you too brother.[/quote:zgecqyo2]

Praying for criminals is a SIN!. :devil:

very true javi. potbelly must be very upset right now. i saw him today and he was sweating grease in his highchair crying to the major. potbelly, be careful javi will get you...you fat heffer.

a very good win for the FOP. Javi, thank you for coming to our survival training class the other day and keeping us up to date.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast