SmackDown at District One Lineup!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: SmackDown at District One Lineup!!

We must go back to the realization that the Sheriff 'gifted' the D-1 Captain with the promotion and assignment for all of his sincere and dedicated fund-raising that was necessary for our Sheriff to get his job. He's not the only one that we are tolerating that is currently working here due to political favors. I can't use the word "corruption" even though that is how the word is defined. Funny how we are writing and identifying all of these issues on this thread in a County known all over the Nation as The Corrupt County. When will we realize that all of these concerns on the part of dedicated deputy sheriffs and first line supervisors attempting to serve the public have little or nothing to do with the political requirements of the Sheriff and the Obese Colonel. We know that is the way it is, always has been, and always will be UNLESS WE STAND UP WITH SOME SPINE....GO PUBLIC......DECIDE THAT THE FUTURE IS OURS AND OUR CHILDREN'S AND NOT THESE SLOBS WHO ARE USING US. It is up to us, folks.

I dont work in d-1, so i cant comment on the leadership. But i will say this, EVERYONE should know there zone partner well enough to know when they are not in the mood to to be messed with. If k-dog knew that, he would have just picked up the papers and forgot about it. Instead, he decided to be funny, when Go*** was not in a good mood. We learn to read the attitude of peeps on the street, why cant we read our own...???

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Was a non-incident. Misunderstanding btwn veteran and rookie that just went little to far. Admin leave for couple days to cool off some. Dont make this more than what it is.
    How do you get "Non-incident" out of this???? It WAS a crime. I would NEVER dream of prosecuting another cop for this, but it needs to be taken seriously. Otehrwise, it could escelate to zero's involved like happened in Belle Glade.

Be Careful guys. Pm activley sets people up for failure. I was personally involved in an incident where he organized a coup on another captain with full support from the Colonel. It was a total setup and lie, but only one of many that I witnessed.

I have worked in District I for many years. It has always been the playground for Capt's and Lt's who want to make a name for themselves. Everytime we get a new district administrator, its the same old story. "I will make all of the crime in the district disappear!" "All I have to do is produce numbers!" "I will put pressure on these deputies to make it happen!"

I can tell you that crime in this district will never disappear, and it's getting worse. The district is full of criminals, illegals, renters, slumlords, homeless, and a vast majority of people who could care less about community policing and crime statistics. The admin believes a few meetings, hug-a-thugs and a buttload of tickets will make everything nice again. I can tell you, this solves nothing, and never will. You may notice I left out arrests. You see, in District I, if you make arrests, it doesn't really mean anything. I know it stops crime, but if you don't have your tickets up, you are useless. Not that you will get any recognition for a job well done from anyone other than your own sergeant anyway

I know the sergeants are taking the most crap from PM, PK, and JP. I've seen these guys and gals stressed out to the breaking point many times. They get yelled at for micro-management issues, and are expected to yell down onto their own troops. Most of them are fine leaders and won't do it. This puts them in a "rock and hard place" position. Instead they try to soften the blow. It still stings though. As a result, some good sergeants are ready to leave, and some damn fine ones have already left. It's a shame. The district will only suffer from the drain of good supervisors. That is a mortal mistake for an administrator.

Road deputies in the district don't blame the sergeants for the low morale and stress that is now the norm. They are not stupid and have eyes and ears. They too are leaving the district. Some have, and some are trying. This is going to be the worst possibility of all. The district will be reduced to a Belle Glade mentallity, and full of inexperienced and inept deputies.

I hope that the Capt and the Lt get their numbers up. This way they can boast about a great job they have done in District I at the expense of some fine sgts and deputies.

What is sad is the civil attorney is going to use all of these points to sue the a$$ off of our dept..... phrases like deliberate indifference come to mind.

I guess when the civil depositions start flying we all will just tell the truth.... save your emails!!

Geeeeezzzzz

What a bunch of crybabies. Are you all sore cause you got yelled at a bit??? Does your little pinkies hurt? Why is it that these people starting crying when they are held accountable for their actions? Just cause the Capt or Lt makes them responsible for their actions they cry on this board. Probably the same ones over and over. Just do your puckin jobs and quit *****in. Your are getting more money than ever and because some Capt or Lt wants to know what you do you cry. The tax payers are no longer paying people (Sgts) to sit at Dunkin Donuts to run "the shift". You now have a helluva lot more duties. Do them and what your bosses say or puckin quit.

Quote Originally Posted by guest 7654
    Geeeeezzzzz

What a bunch of crybabies. Are you all sore cause you got yelled at a bit??? Does your little pinkies hurt? Why is it that these people starting crying when they are held accountable for their actions? Just cause the Capt or Lt makes them responsible for their actions they cry on this board. Probably the same ones over and over. Just do your puckin jobs and quit *****in. Your are getting more money than ever and because some Capt or Lt wants to know what you do you cry. The tax payers are no longer paying people (Sgts) to sit at Dunkin Donuts to run "the shift". You now have a helluva lot more duties. Do them and what your bosses say or puckin quit.
    Did you read the thread at all? Did anyone say anything about being diciplined unfairly or being held accountable for their actions? No, they didn't. This thread isn't about a captain or LT holding supervisors responsible for their actions, its about being overbearing ****heads. Just because your people skills are probably on par with JP and PM doesn't mean they are right. It just means we can add your initials to the list of a$$holes that we wish we didn't have to deal with while already putting our lives on the line everyday. We are simply asking to be treated fairly and allow us to serve our community the best way we can, as happy upbeat employees.

Your sense of servitude has obviously been comingled in the bull$*it along with the upper brass. Sounds like you are crying a lot more than anyone else in this thread!

To all my fellow deputies, this forum is meant to talk about subjects that are affecting our dept. It's meant to allow each one of us as a family to discuss issues that are troublesome to the way we do our jobs. It's also meant to allow each person to speak freely with out distrust of one another. I would ask that each person step back before posting and allow each deputy to express his or hers opinion. Because in truth that's all these threads are..(opinions). No one is trying to insult another deputy, there just giving their opinion, nothing more and nothing less. But for some reason all I see on here are comments like (Rookie,A$$, moron, give me your name and ID #chicken etc.) I mean if that's how we all really feel about each other then why be friends in line up, or attend family functions together. Hell you could be having a beer with one of your partners not knowing that the two of you just got off this site last night and called each other unspeakable names.

In closing I am sure I'll be thrown to the ground and verbally attacked for trying to bring to light this practice of bashing your fellow deputy, Det., dispatcher, corrections or civil deputy. If so then this so call brotherhood and sisterhood is nothing but words with no meaning or truth.

If you agree then lets be professionals and start supporting each person ideas and opinions.

If we really want to be called professionals then lets work together to make a change. If this were a site for doctors, lawyers or businessmen I am sure there would be respect. Not name calling.

Peace out

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guest 7654
    Geeeeezzzzz

Did you read the thread at all? Did anyone say anything about being diciplined unfairly or being held accountable for their actions? No, they didn't. This thread isn't about a captain or LT holding supervisors responsible for their actions, its about being overbearing stubborn person.

Sound like they are just trying to do their jobs as supervisors and your feelings are getting a little hurt. :devil:

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast