Communications attitude
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Communications attitude

Has anyone been in Communications lately? Seems like most in there are complete jerks with major attitute problems. So far, the nicest seem to be a couple females on the Aside night shift. Other than that, I get major attitude from dispatchers and Teletype. Sorry if I inconvience you from sitting on your asses all day on the phone.

Re: Communications attitude

I don't have to go to the com center to know about the attitude problem. I can hear it on the radio every shift.
    I don't know whats going on over there, but PLEASE, solve your problems. Someone out here may get hurt.

If you make friends with them, they will take care of you and drop the tude. If you are having a bad day, or just need a less hectic shift with fewer reports so you can recouperate, call them on their cell when they go on break or send them a text message and they can help you avoid the crappy report type calls. Half the shift does it every night.

The females on a side night are Mary, Shoshannah, JoLynn, Liz (who is recently in teletype) and Marva...Most of the girls work day shift

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The females on a side night are Mary, Shoshannah, JoLynn, Liz (who is recently in teletype) and Marva...Most of the girls work day shift
    Marva, Marva, Marva. So nice, friendly, and polite in person........................not on the radio
    "I'm 10-97 on a S-4 with injuries, administering first aid, can you advise Fire/Rescue?"
    "Switch to Systems Universal and advise them yourself"

Leave Marva alone. She is one of the best we have and is personally a member of my "A" list friends from work. She is hard working and knowledgable, so don't be a hater just because she won't take your crap. Marva, we love you!

"she won't take your crap"
    Asking a dispatcher to call Fire/Rescue while tied up administering first aid is crap? Nice try Marva.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Leave Marva alone. She is one of the best we have and is personally a member of my "A" list friends from work. She is hard working and knowledgable, so don't be a hater just because she won't take your crap. Marva, we love you!

I agree, when I think of a word to describe her, it usually begins with an A!

Speaking as one of the people you are referring to, I would advise to look to one of your own who is now causing major problems, it is not you guys we are mad at or trying to take it out on. We are not allow to be personalable with Units any longer and while this is not the norm, it is the truth -- sad as it may be people are being threatened to be sent to IA over personalable communications with the Deputies and/or sounding nice over the radio. On the other hand, when you have a call and can't be botherd to put narrative in or clear it simply because you can't be bother then I'm sorry but the additude comes out -- that's just the truth.

The dispatcher is correct. Their retarded Lt. has barred them from sending messages of common courtesy to the units. He did tell them he would discipline them without question. Lt. you are a fool. To intentionally thwart any attempt in positive relations between the road and dispatch is a gross exercise of your fat head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast