NDN - New General Order - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: NDN - New General Order

NDN and Ryan, the self proclaimed "CCSO cops reporter" aren't killing the CCSO, nobody is. This onslaught from the copy and paste brigade is typical the first year after an election, the elected has to put up with the people who lost. It is the same at every Agency, in every county, all over the US.

Its obvious that there are only a few doing most of the *****ing, %.01 of the voting public. KR was ELECTED the new Sheriff and is being accused of wrong doing daily but still I have seen no proof. The vast majority of this county enjoys the safety and services the CCSO provides and will continue to provide.

Deputies, just keep on doing your jobs this will pass when they get bored, and they will get bored becuase there is nothing to "un-cover".

Oh, I don't think this is going away. (Removed by Mod 167. Please post evidence / proof if you have statements made by a county commissioner)

So let me get this right, I can not have pride in the job I do and post my employeer on my Facebook page or have any pictures of me in uniform, but i can have a marked Green and White in front of my house. If it is derogatory, evidence, or could show a negative light to the CCSO then I agree with the policy, but what's wrong with being proud of being a COP and have pic's of me and my shift. Maybe I'm just too simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump
    So let me get this right, I can not have pride in the job I do and post my employeer on my Facebook page or have any pictures of me in uniform, but i can have a marked Green and White in front of my house. If it is derogatory, evidence, or could show a negative light to the CCSO then I agree with the policy, but what's wrong with being proud of being a COP and have pic's of me and my shift. Maybe I'm just too simple.
    "RUN FORREST RUN" You too can be the next sheriff

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Guest Blogger
    Collier deputies told to stay away from making comments online, or else
    By RYAN MILLS

Originally published 08:38 p.m., June 18, 2009
    Updated 09:13 p.m., June 18, 2009

Chris Jordan, president of the Fraternal Order of Police organization representing Collier deputies, called the new policy appropriate. He described LEOAffairs.com as a “comic book-type Web page with bloggers hiding behind a keyboard to humiliate fellow brothers and sisters.”

“We understand that social networking is without doubt the way of the future, but we also believe there are limitations about what we can say and cannot say in public forums,” Jordan said.
    Chris, before you get too eager to endorse a new blogging policy set in place by the administration and criticize LEOAFFAIRS.COM, please take a moment to ponder the following:

1. LEOAFFAIRS.COM is actually an Officer's Rights based website with Message Boards for agencies
    2. The content that I assume you are referring to as "comic book-type" was created by your own deputies and NOT LEOAFFAIRS.COM
    3. LEOAFFAIRS.COM is a content provider, so don't kill the messenger

LEOAFFAIRS.COM was created for a specific purpose and an important one at that. Unfortunately, some people just don't get it. If this were a perfect world, you might not need a site like ours as much as you actually do today. But, this world is imperfect and LEOAFFAIRS.COM helps provide a Check & Balance system that's needed. If there are problems at an agency that can't be fixed otherwise, LEOAFFAIRS.COM is a good resource. If it's being used "to humiliate fellow brother and sisters" as you propose, the simple click of a button to report the post will fix that. Some people focus on the negative or remember only the negative, but I encourage you to focus on the positive. Did you read the post Early Monday Chase from 06/15/09 thanking those involved for an "outstanding job", or Deputy Villa Saves choking baby's life posted on 06/04/09, or Despite being stabbed in the eye, retiring Collier Lt. didn't lose sight on career from 04/14/09? How about the posts about officers being killed in the line of duty from all over the country or productive talks about union issues? Because of LEOAFFAIRS.COM the St. Pete Police Department got 4 day work weeks and shotguns in their cars. Also, State Corrections officers can carry firearms and handcuff subjects in their offices once again. The list goes on and on and the benefits of LEOAFFAIRS.COM far outweigh any negatives.

I decided a long time ago that I wanted to be part of the solution to the problem and that's why I co-founded LEOAFFAIRS.COM. I encourage you to embrace it, as other union and agency leaders have done, and to use it to your benefit. However, make no mistake, LEOAFFAIRS.COM supports the troops and that's where our loyalties lay (regardless of how we're received by unions or agencies).

Be Safe,

Chip DeBlock, Co-Founder
    LEOAFFAIRS.COM, LLC
    (813) 760-2900 Cell

With all do respect Mr. DeBlock let me ponder a few things about your comments:

1. Your claim that LEOaffairs is an "Officer's Rights based website with Message Board for agencies" and you "support the troops and that's where your loyalties lay"
    You make money from this site, period. Your loyalties lay with the dollars you generate from the postings you host. You then encourage users to post because you make money from these. So please stop with the self righteous speeches.

2. The comic book-type content was created by the vast majority of ANONYMOUS USERS (of which you dont even know if they are LEO or not) which you permit to post on your self righteous boards. If you want to support the troops and your loyalties are with the troops, require a registered account to post. But you can't because that would cut into your bottom line as your postings would be cut in half and so would your advertising revenue.

3. LEOAffairs serves no purpose other than entertainment, so again please stop trying to justify this self perceived "difference' you're making, its simply not true.
    You try to justify this method of check and balances by giving examples of successes from other boards and then try to claim that the positives far outweigh the negatives... Really!? I know for a fact that this isn't true. Just pick any other agency board, the negativity is rampant and non productive. This list of negatives goes on and on and far outweighs any list you can come up with.

Its all about the revenue Mr. DeBlock, if your going to attempt to enlighten your anonymous user base at least be honest with them.

Well.....I agree with the last post in some regards. I will say that this site has not only been well published on newspaper websites, local blogs, internet search engines, ect, but it had also recently been taken over by non law enforcement shit stirrers that think that the fact they pay taxes gives them the right to publiclly bash us on this site......1) that was a run on sentence and 2) do they have the right?!

I will say that I am tierd of this bull carp as I once was banned from here because I pissed on someone close to the MOD. I have recently seen post that are straight up out of line compared to what I got booted for. I started to re-post ofter months of being booted, and then reinstated, but I have now realized this website is a bunch of crap designed to make a buck for someone not associated with this agency whatsoever.

I am sure I will get booted for this post too, as it VIOLATES the terms of LEO Affairs money making scam association. F U LEO Affairs!! Boot me and send all my info straight to PRB!! I wish you would so I could file the appropriate paperwork to reveal the MOD.

PS: CCSO is a great department!! There are a few morons that need adjustment, but overall it is solid compared to departments throughout the country. Devil Dog, Paradise, Pap, others.......see you soon

As the wife of the previous poster, I agree. This website has been taken over by the eyes of the public and is no longer (if it ever was at all) an LEO site. I might as well post on here now that the rest of Naples Daily News Readers are. God Bless all of the deputies in CCSO and as Michael says "Stay low, stay alive."

GuestAgain1234 – I do not know Mr DeBlock and I am not speaking on his behalf. But I would like to respond to your post as a long time participant of this site.

I do not see any harm in LeoAffairs making money. I am sure it costs the owners of this site a pretty penny to keep it up and running. As I recall the owners of this site used their own money to go to court to defend our right to post on this website. At the time not many people knew about this website and I’ll bet you that the advertising dollars they received was not even close to covering the legal costs, not once but twice. Sorry, but that does not sound like a self-righteous thing to me. It would seem to me that they were fighting for an idea or cause and not for the right to make money as you would have others to believe. When you spend your own money in the hope of helping others, in my book, is putting your money where your mouth is and is supporting the troops.

There currently is a board for Leo’s Only! It is called “Leo’s Lounge”. If you want to mingle and post with only other cops then perhaps you should do what is required to join that group so you won’t be bothered by posting on a board where the public may also participate. By allowing anonymous users to post on the other boards is a way to get people comfortable to post and participate. I know because this is how I became a participant of this site. I started out by watching and then made a few anonymous posts. Seeing that PRB never came knocking on my door earned my trust in the site and I registered my screen name.

To say that anonymous users make this site a comic book has no more validity than saying that people who drive drunk make the automobile a worthless mode of transportation. Or saying a gun is a horrible invention because someone used it to kill another for their personal gain; anything can be used in a negative way and yet still have a positive purpose within our society!

If you think LeoAffairs serves no other purpose than entertainment that is because that is all that you have contributed to it! There have been many positive changes made because of what was said on these boards. Just because negativity exists does not mean that nothing positive is still going on. I am sure you will agree that a place of worship has its place within our community and yet there is always one among the congregation that only has something negative to say.

A place of worship also collects money to stay in existence so to say that just because this site collects advertising dollars reduces its effectiveness is a statement without merit. It would appear to me that you are not able to see the forest due to the tree.

West Coast Cop 10 – Being a cop means that we have chosen a profession which only purpose is to serve the public. So YES, the public does have a right to know how they are being served. If the public did not have a right to access our message boards then what would be the motivating factor for our Admin to try to correct any internal problems before it reached this message board or the media? To ridicule a process which provides transparency or accountability only encourages the type of behavior that we risk our lives to try and prevent.

Your last paragraph is a familiar rant. I seriously doubt that you were ever banned from this site. I also doubt that you know who the Mod is much less any of the other regulars on this site. All you have are assumptions and a guess at best so save me the drama; you are starting to sound a lot like Angelangel…

Wife of West Coast Cop 10 – I like a lady who stands behind their man. But I doubt that this was ever suppose to be a Leo Only site so feel free to post when ever you want; if Michael does not mind… :wink:

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Thanks for the post Curious George, you obviously get it! I'm not sure who GuestAgain1234 is because he didn't sign his name and he's certainly entitled to his opinion (please note that the posts with opposing views are still in tact), but some corrections are in order if the name of the game is Full Disclosure.

Nearly 10 years ago when I was in the middle of an ugly IA and Criminal investigation, I was just trying to survive till the next round. After I was cleared, I fought the system in court via Whistle Blower and Defamation of Character laws and, while I might not have won the legal battle, I did win the battle of Public Opinion. What I went through, unjustly, helped fuel the fire to start this website 3 years later. We didn't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else. Early on we decided not to charge LEOs to access our site and we paid out of our pockets to keep it running in the beginning. Even when we entered into a costly legal battle for 1 year in order to protect Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies, we never asked for a dime. The end result is case law from the 2nd District Court of Appeal that protects you, influences cases across the country and was funded by us. Most people are unaware of the sponsorships we've been involved with, the free public messages we run on this site for police functions, the softball uniforms we purchased for the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office to take to the Police Olympics or the 1st Annual Our Heroes' Memorial Golf Tournament this past April 13th just to name a few. Sorry, but I take offense when people suggest we're only in this for the money.

The Public having access to LEOAFFAIRS.COM is not an accident, but an essential component. If not, you'd have a bunch of cops just complaining online and nothing would ever get accomplished. We didn't want to do this unless we could effect change...and thank God we have. The premise is simple: the key people needing access are the LEOs, the Media and the Public. That's it and it works! If the agency doesn't want to fix a problem, the Media will alert the Public and nature will take its course. Sure, there is always someone who is highly critical with a better way to do it, but we'll gladly accept our status as the Largest Law Enforcement Message Board (Blog) Site on the planet. We've been featured in The Washington Post and on MSNBC as well because our system works.

Our system of moderation may not be perfect, but I believe it's the best around. If our Terms of Use are not being enforced like they are supposed to be, it's every user's responsibility to help out by simply clicking on the yellow triangle next to the post to Report it. If the Moderator is not doing his job, you can make Mod 1 aware of it. However, it's been my opinion that where there's smoke there is usually fire. We don't normally solicit input or posts from users and we don't have to...if something is going on they're going to write about it. Most critics would be better off fixing the problem at home (with the agency) than attacking the medium by which it is being exposed. People who have something to hide act accordingly.

It's sad that some people never root for the under dog or are happy when he wins. I am thankful for the people who appreciate us for Fighting the Fight and making something good come out of something bad. Few people realize what it takes to keep this machine running with over 400 agencies in 15 countries, over 400 moderators, equipment, maintenance, programmers, payroll, man hours, etc.. It's a lot of work and we love every minute of it. Thanks for your support!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast