Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

Okay fellas what can be done to make you feel better and appreciated at this department. I hear complaints but no resolutions! Answer me this, what would YOU do to make this a better department?

Re: Question

quit and apply with the SO or somewhere else.

Top Dog,

While I am just a lowly corporal I do know a little about leadership and morale. I have to say that morale is truly low right now and its not 100% the administrations fault. I understand we can not get a raise right now the current state of the economy does not allow for it and I understand. We are now up to staff and its fantastic, I recall a time on midnights when it was only one or two officers on shift and we always had to ask for hold overs, those days are over thats a plus.
    However, currently there is no trust between the men on patrol and the administration. We feel that the citizens are always right no matter what and that we are guilty until proven innocent. Unfortunately this has been proven true with arbitrations against the administration and how they punish officers. The old website used to only have a link posted to complain on an officer. The administration seems to care so much about what people think and won't stand up for us. I'm not going to whine about the traffic stats, because two aday seems fair, however for an administrator to throw a hissy fit that three officers are sitting together running traffic is ridiculous. If a citizen calls and says, "why are there three officers sitting together" tell them they are keeping you safe and running traffic. Also, it seems there is no integrity in the upper administration. They get upset if three or more officers eat lunch together but then all of admin goes to lunch together. I do enjoy my job and enjoy my co-workers, personally all I ask from the administration and to make the agency better is support from the administration. To not forget where you came from, that you to use to hump a zone and deal with people that drive you insane. Respect is all we need. Respect would change the agency 100%.

Okay lowly corporal,

You speak llike you've been here a while and I doubt that, I doubt your a corporal, don't pretend to be someone you are not! I am a corporal and have been here a long time. You blame many people for many things in your response, but the question was, "What would you do"? You had no answers, you just blamed everyone else.

See I saw an issue and confronted someone with that particular one that you mentioned. When I saw our web site and noticed that it was missing an area for compliments on an officer, I brought that to the attention of the right person who then took it to the chief, who made the decision to shut the web page down and revamp it, it no contains an area for officer compliments. it may be small, but it was an issue that other employees above us felt should have been addressed too, and was changed. What have you done, *****ed? It may have been a small issue but I took the initiative to talk to someone about it.

There are a lot of issues here that we all deal with or hear about, it's how we handle them that makes us the people we are, how are you handling it? I again ask the question that "Top Dog" did "how would you make things better"? Have you tried to get something changed here or do you just not care? Have you stepped up, or sat back and waited until the next ship comes in to jump on board?

Things are by no means perfect here, and morale is what it is. If you stay out of trouble do your job and go home safely, what else do you want. The job is stressful enough without all the other crap. Just remember this HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Okay lowly corporal,

You speak llike you've been here a while and I doubt that, I doubt your a corporal, don't pretend to be someone you are not! I am a corporal and have been here a long time.

Riiiiiiiiiight..your are the PROUDEST guy I have EVER seen raise to the "rank" of Corporal!

See I saw an issue and confronted someone with that particular one that you mentioned. When I saw our web site and noticed that it was missing an area for compliments on an officer, I brought that to the attention of the right person who then took it to the chief, who made the decision to shut the web page down and revamp it, it no contains an area for officer compliments. it may be small, but it was an issue that other employees above us felt should have been addressed too, and was changed.

A.K.A. I am ki&&ing A*s*s* to try and make it to a REAL RANK like SERGEANT or above so I found a meaningless issue and brought it to the right person who would mention my name the most to help me get my three stripes!

There are a lot of issues here that we all deal with or hear about, it's how we handle them that makes us the people we are, how are you handling it?

See my above post on A*S*S* kissing 101 boys and girls and then you may be able to make it to the rank of Corporal and say you've been here for a "Really long time"....

I

Things are by no means perfect here, and morale is what it is.
    Look "Old Timer" Corporal we have no idea if you are a Corporal who has been here for a while or not (but man are you proud of those TWO stripes). We do know, by your post, your a rear end kisser who wants a huge pat on the back for making a change on a computer website! Hey buddy, consider this your "pat" on the back!

Okay lowly corporal,

You speak llike you've been here a while and I doubt that, I doubt your a corporal, don't pretend to be someone you are not! I am a corporal and have been here a long time. You blame many people for many things in your response, but the question was, "What would you do"? You had no answers, you just blamed everyone else.

See I saw an issue and confronted someone with that particular one that you mentioned. When I saw our web site and noticed that it was missing an area for compliments on an officer, I brought that to the attention of the right person who then took it to the chief, who made the decision to shut the web page down and revamp it, it no contains an area for officer compliments. it may be small, but it was an issue that other employees above us felt should have been addressed too, and was changed. What have you done, *****ed? It may have been a small issue but I took the initiative to talk to someone about it.

There are a lot of issues here that we all deal with or hear about, it's how we handle them that makes us the people we are, how are you handling it? I again ask the question that "Top Dog" did "how would you make things better"? Have you tried to get something changed here or do you just not care? Have you stepped up, or sat back and waited until the next ship comes in to jump on board?

Things are by no means perfect here, and morale is what it is. If you stay out of trouble do your job and go home safely, what else do you want. The job is stressful enough without all the other crap. Just remember this HAKUNA MATATA!
    You have got to be the most arrogant CORPORAL I have ever seen in two decades of policework. If this agency is full of guys like you waiting to be promoted to a real rank then God help us all!

Short timer your an idiot! Let me clarify something for you jackass, 1 i've been here a while and have seen more changes than your carrer has even had, 2 I'm not in line nor will I take the Sgts test, however even if I did that's one step ahead of you, and by judging by your screen name your about to run off to another department, or be fired which ever it may be, 3 atleast I'm trying to make a difference in a police department that I work for and has been very good to me, and not driving around complaining that it's better some where else.
    I ask you this, have you made any contributions to this department? Have you put an effort into something other than telling your buddies how bad it is here? Are you even off probation? Seems to me that you haven't been around long enough to even have an opinion, atleast an educated one.
    If you are one of many that are looking to leave, it's probably best. No this isn't the best deparment to work for but I'm sure there are worse in this state, but if all you can do is complain or make nasty comments about the ones that do care and are trying to make a difference you probably are not a cop I would want to work with, and probably not a good one anyway. There are many in this department that take pride and want to advance in their career, doesn't mean they kiss ass. Much like yourself they are trying to feed a family and make the best out of this job. I would challlenge you to try and be the best that you can, but I'll bet your just going to run off, so good bye we don't need you! The attitude that you have is why this place suffers anyway! your just an infection to the Ocala Police Department and the best thing you can do is leave if nothing else keep your mouth shut and opinions to yourself, because you are the only one that those matter to anyway. :lol: Jackass

I am not sure how it was back in the day, but I see just a handfull of people who are always *****ing about something, and the guys that are *****ing have only been here less than a year or maybe a little longer. In my mind they have NOTHING to ***** about since they have not been here long enough to *****. The guys who should be upset are the senior guys, the guys and gals who have been through alot. sure there are problems here just like anywhere else. But we have jobs, no threats of layoffs, no cut in pay, we are still one of the only agencies still hiring officers. Sure not all of us have take home cars, the ones who have them deserve them and all the new guys will one day get one. I would rather have a secure job, benefits, paycheck and no worries when I come into work there will a letter on the door saying sorry we are closed!!! I agree that changes could be made, I am sure the senior guys have great compaints and miss things the way they used to be. I look up to most of the senior guys and try and stay as positive as possible becasue this is the career that I love and I am sure everyone else loves or used to love doing.

Stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by guestopd
    I am not sure how it was back in the day, but I see just a handfull of people who are always *****ing about something, and the guys that are *****ing have only been here less than a year or maybe a little longer. In my mind they have NOTHING to ***** about since they have not been here long enough to *****. The guys who should be upset are the senior guys, the guys and gals who have been through alot. sure there are problems here just like anywhere else. But we have jobs, no threats of layoffs, no cut in pay, we are still one of the only agencies still hiring officers. Sure not all of us have take home cars, the ones who have them deserve them and all the new guys will one day get one. I would rather have a secure job, benefits, paycheck and no worries when I come into work there will a letter on the door saying sorry we are closed!!! I agree that changes could be made, I am sure the senior guys have great compaints and miss things the way they used to be. I look up to most of the senior guys and try and stay as positive as possible becasue this is the career that I love and I am sure everyone else loves or used to love doing.

Stay safe
    Amen brother! Tell these new ones to go about it and shut up!

Short timer your an idiot! Let me clarify something for you jackarse, 1 i've been here a while and have seen more changes than your carrer has even had, 2 I'm not in line nor will I take the Sgts test, however even if I did that's one step ahead of you, and by judging by your screen name your about to run off to another department, or be fired which ever it may be, 3 atleast I'm trying to make a difference in a police department that I work for and has been very good to me, and not driving around complaining that it's better some where else.
    Please learn to spell the word "career" before you try to use it in a post Corporal Moron. Second, I would bet a year of my paychecks I have seen more change in this agency in my time than you ever will, your 10-15 years, maybe, as a member of the Ocala Police Department means nothing. I did not "slam" my agency in my response to you, I "slammed" you for the most arrogant post I have seen on here in a while. Nobody cares what positive changes you have done and if you did it for the better of our agency why do you feel the need to post it in this website? One reason Corporal, you want recognition. If you want to help out our agency do it, not for selfish reasons, but to make us stand out again as an elite LE agency. Like I said earlier, you are an arrogant officer but you have something you should be proud of, at least you have two stripes :snicker: . I don't care if you think I have 2 minutes on as an OPD officer or 2 seconds, facts are facts young man. Good luck and Congrats on getting some more recognition for you heroic actions to get the computer website more user friendly, boy your bravery has really shown through so be proud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast