Dirty Bottom - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirty Bottom

Re: Dirty Bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Guest111111111
    That last part sounds like a recent email that was sent to all personnel...
    yeah it does!

Re: Dirty Bottom

Statistics are a great thing, they can help keep us organized and on track, but look at any fortune 500 company and even some polce departments that reward employees for their stats, and I think you will see less complaining. We do complain a lot here at OPD, and it usually falls on deaf ears. Does any know that a proposal was put in for us to carry 45's and that it would have been paid for with federal moneys, and that it was turned down? I don't know everything behind it but it would have been paid for with stimulas money from my understanding.

I just found out that another officer has put in his two weeks, to go south. I looked up the department that he is going to online and discovered that they have a physical fitness incintive. These are the kind of things that need to be brought to the table or just plan done by the administration. I mean no disrespect to the communications center by this, they are put in adark room and no no socialization at all. Most are overweight, and stressed to the max. If they develop health problems in the future it will be costly to the city. Why not have a physical fitness incintive for them as well, allowing them time to exercise on duty for 1 hour during their work week two or three times. I don't know if anyone knows this but Graham was trying to get that done for us prior to his taking the other job. DC Smith is pretty phyisically fit, why would he not want this for the rest of his staff, especially the people in the hole or on the streets. Where is this going you ask...back to statistics. Look at the rate of heart disease in this line of work, it's mind boggeling. Instead of this city putting in so much money to fight the heart bill, why don't they do more to get their officer's in shape. Statistically employees that have agoal to shoot for are better employees. There's no doubt that 12 hour days suck, and that most of the time everyone is to tired to go work out after work, so why not give us that time on duty?

This will fall on deaf ears I'm sure but it was worth a try!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12