Collective Bargaining Ratification Vote - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Collective Bargaining Ratification Vote

[/quote]

Its not about re-assigning. Its placing officers on details with no benefit to the Town or department in anyway. NO ONE can justify the school officers position. Does nothing all day, and can't be found half of the time when needed. WASTE!! But whats being done about it? NOTHING! That's a big problem for people who see this. It's moral. And do you think this will ever change? Not that I can see. The Chief is the best thing that has happend to the PD, but this school assignment is seriously a waste and the MAJORITY of people see this and it is upsetting. I call it favoritism.[/quote]

While I agree about the positions set up for Officers is positive thing. I just think every year or so they should change out and give other people a chance to experience things. I would not call the school assignment favoritism, I would call it a position that can be eliminated with no recoil, along with other positions too. When push comes to shove, cutback and adjustments have to be made, and everyone involved should understand that. And the Chief will get the job done, but it's gonig to be painful for some. Kolbe SF??? Never.!

Unregistered
    Here we are, almost six years later and the same problems exist. Town keeps wanting to take away from the PD, raising how much money we pay for insurance, STILL no fence, no COLAS, no raises and somehow the School Resource Officer Position is now a Accreditation Manager Position (REALLY?!). What's new: we can thank out new high priced town manager (who still gets her raises plus bonuses) for a full time position made to a part time position, our vehicles which not only look horrible but run horrible (when they run) and an extra dispatcher position (which isn't bad although an extra LEO position would of been much better). I guess it's comforting to know some things will never change, HA!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12