Do you know why people don't steal ceiling fans?

Do you know why people don't steal ceiling fans?

Do you know why people who break into houses don't steal ceiling fans, or books, or the dishes from the kitchen?

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO USE FOR THEM!

Does anyone else think enough is enough with this 10-31 policy BS!?!? We can't chase a signal 10 that's doing 50mph on I-95 at 3:00am in the morning with no traffic and dry roads? Really?

People don't steal guns because they want to hang them on their wall like a painting. People don't steal cars because they want to open up an LLC and start a taxi service. People steal cars (for the most part) to commit violent crimes. People steal cars to conduct armed robbery at businesses, do drive-bys in residential neighborhoods, and carry out many other violent criminal acts. Yea yea, I've heard the whole "it's just a property crime" argument, well so is stealing a gun, until that gun is used to kill a cop who is sitting in a dark parking lot doing his paperwork at 2 in the morning!

I agree that chasing a stolen car going the wrong way in traffic at 5:30 in the afternoon in rush hour traffic is an unneccessary hazard to public safety, but there has to be a middle ground. The citizens rely on us to respond to crimes that have been committed, and try our very best to prevent other crimes from being committed!

Florida Law allows police to chase vehicles for running a red light!!! I do not agree with chasing people for traffic violations, but c'mon... The two bravo-mike's with dreds and gold teeth, probably didn't just steal that car so they can run to Walmart and buy their baby some diapers and formula.

Then comes the argument of civil liablity. I'm not sure how our agency is liable to anyone when acting within the confines of Florida law. Simply breaking off a vehicle stop because the person doesn't immediately pull over is ridiculous.

Re: Do you know why people don't steal ceiling fans?

Perfect example, look at what happen in LW this morning at the washington mutual in B31 sector. Someone driving a signal-10 out of Greenacres robs 4 girls at the ATM at gunpoint, then shoots someone outside the neighboring club. I'm not saying we could have prevented this particular incident, but if a deputy had tried to 10-50 that vehicle at Lake Worth and Militrary Trail, and it didn't immediately stop, the occupants would have been free to carry out their 4 counts of armed robbery, and subsequent attempted murder acts; despite the fact that we could have stopped them if we wanted to.

What if a deputy had tried to stop this vehicle and because they didn't pull over, the deputies had to make a u-turn at Kirk Rd, and let the vehicle go. Then the occupants rape one of the 4 girls, and kill the guy in the parking lot outside the club. How does that make PBSO look? Like a bunch of pussies!!!

...that's called a hypothetical argument, and meaningless when you ram a family in a minivan chasing a "property crime" suspect.

It is just a car, probably insured. take a deep breath and go ten eight.

You would also be facing manslaughter charges.

Crap happens when in a chase.....or even monitoring...........we have a dangerous job......thats how we lost 2 brothers in Belle Glade.

Wow, some of you will come up with anything to justify bad police chases. What if superman came down while you were 10-31 and handcuffed them? You seem to want to dream up all kinds of what if's to justify your bad actions. So here's one for you...what if a chicken flew up your butt, would it make you a sparrow? Get it dumby, you can what if it to death, it's still a piece of property that the public could give 2 craps about. If you can justify shooting and killing someone for stealing your ceiling fan than you can justify chasing a property down the street at 2 am in the morning and almost killing your partner's and citizens Oh wait, you did that and it's still unjustified. Now go 10-8.

what if a chicken flew up your butt, would it make you a sparrow?
    Still the funniest thing I read tonight. Thanks man, and AMEN to what you said.

Everyone on this site who's a LEO, look at your badge right now, envision a black line across it and add your partners name to it.

....Now, was it worth it?

face it your screwed either way. if the car doesn't stop and we don't chase and they go and shoot someone or whatever horrific crime they are probably going to do, we are still going to be wrong. don't let it bother you, it doesn't bother the brass and state atty. (unless of course, it ends up being there loved one who is the victim) just do as your told, look pretty in your car and go home and let it go.

Chase me and this is what will happen to you, idiot.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Trooper trial: Deaths reckless or just accidental?
    by The Associated Press
    Sunday May 03, 2009, 12:06 PM
    This much is certain: Two teenage sisters left their grandma's house one night in September 2006 to buy a gallon of milk, and never came home.

They were killed when a State Police cruiser slammed into them at an intersection less than a mile from their Upper Township home in Cape May County.

A jury could begin hearing evidence this week in the case that will hinge on two questions: Was Trooper Robert Higbee acting recklessly as he sped down a road chasing what he said was a speeder? Or was the crash that killed Jacqueline and Christina Becker a tragic but unavoidable accident?

New Jersey already has settled a civil suit for $2 million. But the trooper could get 10 years in prison if convicted of death by auto.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

I am speeding cause my baby [ Deleted ] is out of diapers and I need to pick a dutchmaster.

But..but.... That speeder could have a stolen ceiling fan in their car!

Very sad story.

Talking Re: Do you know why people don't steal ceiling fans?

MOD 582 Writes: This will be one & only one warning. Racial overtones or statements WILL result in your suspension or permenent blockage to LEOAFFAIRS.COM.

Let's be careful out there.