What handguns can be carried on duty? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What handguns can be carried on duty?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Just wondering, are deputies issued shotguns and rifles or just handguns?

Are you allowed to carry whichever rifle/shotgun you want or is it like the handgun where you have to use what is issued?

I would like to carry a Benelli M3 Super 90 (LE short model if possible) when I join the force if possible, as its the platform I have the most faith in.
    Sorry once again....the only shotgun is the 870. rifles are issued (ar-15, full stock), but you may carry your own after qualifying with it. It must be the ar-15, and you have to use the iron sights. By the way, you do have some freedom as to your backup/off duty pistol.

I can deal with the 870, my father has one and it is a solid shotgun, so thats not too bad.

So you can use your own rifle but it has to be an AR-15 model with iron sights? Thats interesting. I'd rather use my M1A but the AR-15 is the standard so it's understandable.

What are the procedures for carrying a backup sidearm? Im still hoping to get a Springfield TRP (1911) some day.

Also, last question, are the taser and/or pepper spray qualifications done in the academy or is that a part of training after employment?

Thanks for the info.

I forgot the other question I wanted to ask, sorry! I really am a curious bugger, arent I? This place is great for info. that would be hard to find elsewhere.

What is the low down on vests? I would rather buy my own vest (even if its more expensive) and know it would be cooler in the summer months, and preferably IIIA protection (to defeat the .45 round in the 1911 I would carry, or even if not, to defeat it anyway).

Thanks.

P.S.

This 870 is a nice looking piece of hardware! http://www.impactguns.com/store/047700249711.html

I forgot the other question I wanted to ask, sorry! I really am a curious bugger, arent I? This place is great for info. that would be hard to find elsewhere.

What is the low down on vests? I would rather buy my own vest (even if its more expensive) and know it would be cooler in the summer months, and preferably IIIA protection (to defeat the .45 round in the 1911 I would carry, or even if not, to defeat it anyway).

Thanks.

P.S.

This 870 is a nice looking piece of hardware! http://www.impactguns.com/store/047700249711.html
    The s.o. has two very good vests to chose from. Save your bucks and wear the issued vest.

I can deal with the 870, my father has one and it is a solid shotgun, so thats not too bad.

So you can use your own rifle but it has to be an AR-15 model with iron sights? Thats interesting. I'd rather use my M1A but the AR-15 is the standard so it's understandable.

What are the procedures for carrying a backup sidearm? Im still hoping to get a Springfield TRP (1911) some day.

Also, last question, are the taser and/or pepper spray qualifications done in the academy or is that a part of training after employment?

Thanks for the info.

You have to qualify with your backup gun. It can be a .22 up to a .45.
    The taser/o.c. spray qual is done during training after employment.

Thanks again!

Your a loser..

You're a loser for taking the time to say Im a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest3
    Your a loser..
    You're a loser for not knowing how to use the correct grammar in your post "you're" vice the "your"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123