Bike Unit
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Unit

Bike Unit

Every department has its issues with morale, etc. EVERY department does.

But i will say i am impressed with the FMPD bike unit.

I had the privelage of attending a training class with the 6 of them.

Everyone was impressed with how close knit, and tight they were as a unit. They all seemed to get along and it was if they worked together and have known each other for 10 years. They were probably the best riders in the class and were in no way arrogant; in fact they went out of their way to help some of the people having problems with riding up and down stairs, etc. Some of the agencies had multiple people from their agency in attendance, and they were lucky if they even said good morning to each other, meanwhile you had the big guy who was WAY to cheery and happy to say goodmorning to everyone!

They were also very entertaining, and amde the class fun. By hearing some of their stories, you can tell they have each others back; and myself as well as the rest of the class would be lucky if we could be in a unit where all the officers were that close and workign as a group.

Hat off to you FMPD

Re: Bike Unit

Quote Originally Posted by BikecopCC
    Every department has its issues with morale, etc. EVERY department does.

But i will say i am impressed with the FMPD bike unit.

I had the privelage of attending a training class with the 6 of them.

Everyone was impressed with how close knit, and tight they were as a unit. They all seemed to get along and it was if they worked together and have known each other for 10 years. They were probably the best riders in the class and were in no way arrogant; in fact they went out of their way to help some of the people having problems with riding up and down stairs, etc. Some of the agencies had multiple people from their agency in attendance, and they were lucky if they even said good morning to each other, meanwhile you had the big guy who was WAY to cheery and happy to say goodmorning to everyone!

They were also very entertaining, and amde the class fun. By hearing some of their stories, you can tell they have each others back; and myself as well as the rest of the class would be lucky if we could be in a unit where all the officers were that close and workign as a group.

Hat off to you FMPD
    It's nice to hear something positive on this site. I'll tell you what, it all starts with that big country ogre YB. He is the most dedicated, positive, passionate, true to himself and the people he works with person I have seen at this job. They don't come any better and DON'T let the dumb, goofy redneck persona that you see fool you. He knows what he's doing and has more street smarts than anyone!

Yes something positive for a change instead of 40 moles comments,we have more positive than negative in our agency but some people only look for the negative,they will pay one day!

moderator! moderator! guests comments seem to be threatening and violate the terms of use oh my goooood! please please take action on this , pleaaase!!! :snicker:

Is the bike unit a way to punish officers or you have to actually put in for it?

I don't want to sound gay or anything, but Youngblood is HOT!

rumor has it there may be an opening coming up soon on nights......

whos leaving? Thats a pretty sweet spot, probably be alot of competition for it

i thought bk1 was going to sig

??????

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast