BLUE Lights on fire trucks?
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

BLUE Lights on fire trucks?

I passed by a crash today on I-95 in Broward County. A Trooper was on scene with his emergency lights on and there was also a City of Hollywood fire truck at the scene with its lights on as well. The problem is that the fire truck had blue in the lightbar, in fact it had more blue than the FHP car. Did the Trooper do his job and arrest and/or cite the driver of the fire truck? If not, why is FHP allowing fire trucks to use blue lights?

Re: BLUE Lights on fire trucks?

Because the FD works as many crashes as FHP

there was also a City of Hollywood fire truck at the scene
    Maybe they were shooting a movie :cop:

Who cares! Our law makers are useless anyway. It's a stupid law.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I passed by a crash today on I-95 in Broward County. A Trooper was on scene with his emergency lights on and there was also a City of Hollywood fire truck at the scene with its lights on as well. The problem is that the fire truck had blue in the lightbar, in fact it had more blue than the FHP car. Did the Trooper do his job and arrest and/or cite the driver of the fire truck? If not, why is FHP allowing fire trucks to use blue lights?
    You're kidding me right? Just shake your head up & down and say yes..Now , why would a trooper or any officer arrest and or cite a fireman who doesn't even own a city government owned emergency vehicle? Check other jurisdictions in FL , I.E. public safety agencies where the firemen & police officers are cross trained and do the same job. By the way , you are on the wrong website POLICE EXPLORER :lol: , Go away.

Time was in Albuquerque the tow trucks had blue lights, imagine how stupid you feel when you pull over for one, to then realize it was a tow truck. :cop:

There absolutely needs to be a difference between law enforcement and other emergency vehicles. LAW ENFORCEMENT (Troopers, Deputies and Police Officers) will actually engage those that pull over whereas people only need to move out of the way for other emergency responders. Blue lights on Fire Rescue is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    There absolutely needs to be a difference between law enforcement and other emergency vehicles. LAW ENFORCEMENT (Troopers, Deputies and Police Officers) will actually engage those that pull over whereas people only need to move out of the way for other emergency responders. Blue lights on Fire Rescue is illegal.
    There is a difference between L.E. vehicles & other emergency vehicles I.E. the big ladders and fire hoses on big red trucks ( :lol: ) and cars with many various colors that say POLICE or SHERIFF or STATE TROOPER , you get the point , I hope Einstein.

If some firefigher wants to be an LEO, let him/her go through the training and take the job, otherwise they can quit trying to be a wannabe cop! Miami-Dade Fire/Rescue has a motorcycle squad fully marked with lights and decals, to quickly cut through traffic and respond to crashes with severe roadblock or other medical calls: hope I don't need it but nice to know it's there. HOWEVER, when I see one with BLUE LIGHTS (small ones that hold the license plate in place, like REAL POLICE OFFICERS) on the rear ,then that is the end. YES I have stopped one, and that was while he passed me and others in the emergency lane while we were slowly moving through traffic and he was NOT going to an emergency. Wanna tell me I've got too much time on my hands or I "just don't get it"? Go ahead, but I will tell YOU you don't give a sh*t about your profession, either and you sound like you missed your calling (i.e hose carrier). Like the previous poster stated, there are reasons law enforcement officers BY LAW have blue lights on their vehicles. Two fire fighting agencies in Miami-Dade County have already asked about putting some of their firefighters through a "firefighter schedule friendly" LEO class; the reasoning behind this allegedly was they thought it might be helpful to have firefighters who were also certified LEOs to help the real police at a scene. Help do what? This, with the blue lights, is a furtherance of the frustration and inferiority firefighters feel because they have a job but no authority with any teeth at a scene. If there is a problem they CAN'T do anything about it except call us and wait until we arrive. This "certification" plan is just an excuse to give them the authority and arrest powers at a scene they so badly crave. And when asked who they would work for (just being certified does not give you arrest powers; you have to be employed and sworn), their response was the firefighters could work as reserve officers for what ever jurisdiction employed them. And if you think for a minute that just because you are perhaps certified as a paramedic but are a full time LEO that you are going to handle everything at a scene with them or "just help out" because you are certified too, think again! Firefighters will tell you REAL fast like that is THEIR job and you just stand back, trooper. Do you think their fire academy would put a "law enforcement officer schedule friendly" firefighter class together if a bunch of LEOs expressed an interest in becoming volunteer firefighters so they could "help out" at crash, medical, or fire scenes? LOL, the joke is on YOU. Hell, most of these guys tend to look down on us as untrained anyway. Nope, I'm not afraid to address with them clear violations of law that also start infringing on the powers and authorities granted to me that I worked so hard to earn, just like they did in THEIR academy. You want what I've got? COME EARN IT, BABY!
    P.S. To the other poster that tried to make this like it was no big deal and that a law enforcement officer would be SHAMEFULY WRONG to address it with a firefighter: turn in your CJSTC certificate and go somewhere you might be proud of what you do, 'cause it obviously ain't here.

In Colorado the snow plows have blue strobes.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast