Why so many tickets - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Why so many tickets

Our forefathers are probably rolling in their graves knowing that the same constitution that they wrote to protect the people have been manipulated and twisted around to help get scumbags out of trouble.
    What do you consider a scumbag, someone who does not abide by "your" laws? Someone who speeds 7 miles over the speed limit?
    Someone who expressed their opinion about their hired public servants, government? I am curious to who why you think the second amendment was written? Read it in detail!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Our forefathers are probably rolling in their graves knowing that the same constitution that they wrote to protect the people have been manipulated and twisted around to help get scumbags out of trouble.
    What do you consider a scumbag, someone who does not abide by "your" laws? Someone who speeds 7 miles over the speed limit?
    Someone who expressed their opinion about their hired public servants, government? I am curious to who why you think the second amendment was written? Read it in detail!
    Fundamentally, the constitution is a strong document that has surpassed the test of time. It however, is not a perfect document, and the forefathers knew this. That is why they allowed amendments to the constitution. Now, unfortunately, many abuse this and also bend the definitions to acquire an ends to their "evil" means.

NONE of that has anything to do with the 7mph speeder. Unless of course, the FLORIDA legislators change the speed law. The bottom line is that your "girlfriend" was speeding, got a ticket and you are upset about it. So you come on this site to vent your frustations. Good for you....freedom of speech is one of those rights in the constitution. So keep the arguments coming friend....Enjoy!

Once again, let's stay on topic! Why the increased speed enforcement, during a recession? I can see in areas of "high crime" and location of high traffic incidents, but giving tickets to hard working folks in areas and times that have neither "high crime" or high traffic accidents, unjustifiable!
    I have a simple solution to your problem...if you can't afford a ticket, don't break the law!

Without regard to the state of the economy my family absolutely deserves protection from dangerous drivers. If you are angry because you or someone you know got a ticket, too bad. If you choose to disregard the safety of others including me and my family by breaking traffic laws, then accept the consequences of your actions when you get caught. Don't hide behind foolish rationalizations to justify your ulterior motive.

Insurance will replace your car stereo if it gets stolen in a "high crime" area. Is your insurance carrier going to reimburse me for my young son's life if he is killed by someone speeding during this terrible recession???

More than one hundred thousand "hard working folks" are killed in traffic crashes each and every year in this country. Wise up!

Quote Originally Posted by A Concerned Motorist
    Once again, let's stay on topic! Why the increased speed enforcement, during a recession? I can see in areas of "high crime" and location of high traffic incidents, but giving tickets to hard working folks in areas and times that have neither "high crime" or high traffic accidents, unjustifiable!
    I have a simple solution to your problem...if you can't afford a ticket, don't break the law!

Without regard to the state of the economy my family absolutely deserves protection from dangerous drivers. If you are angry because you or someone you know got a ticket, too bad. If you choose to disregard the safety of others including me and my family by breaking traffic laws, then accept the consequences of your actions when you get caught. Don't hide behind foolish rationalizations to justify your ulterior motive.

Insurance will replace your car stereo if it gets stolen in a "high crime" area. Is your insurance carrier going to reimburse me for my young son's life if he is killed by someone speeding during this terrible recession???

More than one hundred thousand "hard working folks" are killed in traffic crashes each and every year in this country. Wise up!
    You want to talk about dangerous driving, how many POLICE involved accidents are there? How often do cops speed? And don't give me the BS that you are trained in high speed pursuit and all that non-sense..... your driving range is in BCC, there is no high speed there, a water track, and some other BS scenarios.
    I doubt 7 miles over the speed limit is dangerous to your children, but high speed police pursuits are! Obviously if in a school zone or residential neighborhood where kids are at play or crossing streets, then I can see something like that, but in a 35, doing 42? Use common sense!
    We all have to face the consequences when we get caught doing something wrong. Isn't parking on grass still a city violation, cops do it all the time. Your police policy described the speed you are allowed to drive over the speed limit when responding to calls, and states that during all other times you must follow the speed limit, yet you violate that all the time!

I don't know, sir, just how many police involved accidents are there? And what exactly does that have to do with your girlfriend speeding?

No one ought to drive above the speed limit. Period. If you see a police cruiser speeding then I suggest that you take down the car number and call the agency to report the violation, but don't point to that as a way to shift focus away from what your girlfriend is doing. Seven miles an hour over the limit can, under the right set of circumstances, be dangerous and it is absolutely illegal so it seems to me that your girlfriend definitely deserved the ticket. You don't even contest the accusation, in fact. Take responsibility for your own actions and let others take responsibility for theirs, I say.

The best way to avoid having to pay for a ticket that the economy makes it difficult for you to afford is to obey the traffic laws.

We all have to face the consequences when we get caught doing something wrong.
    Bingo!

Your girlfriend got caught and had to face the consequences, so quit whining about the bad economy, police officers speeding and parking on the grass and all of the other irrelevant nonsense and heed your own sound advice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345