Retired Officers Killed in Boating Accident?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Retired Officers Killed in Boating Accident?

I just heard that Toranto is missing his wife is dead, Jim Brady and his wife are OK and Prescott is missing and his wife is dead.

they were in a boating accident in Colorado.

Can't find any news and just googled them with no results.

has anyone heard anything?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Re: Retired Officers Killed in Boating Accident?

I'm hearing similiar news but haven't been able to verify anything yet ....

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12233075

this is the article, very sad and we lost a true soldier if this true

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 04/26/2009 02:48:39 PM MDT

Two men are dead, two are hypothermic and two remained missing Sunday after a boat sank Saturday afternoon during a heavy Lake Powell windstorm.

Glen Canyon dispatchers took a call Saturday, reporting a boating party of six was overdue, according to a National Park Service news release. Park rangers immediately began searching for the group by using a plane and a helicopter.

Rangers located two people on a shore of Padre Butte. The pair was treated for hypothermia. They also recovered the bodies of two others, leaving two members of the boating party still missing as of Sunday afternoon, according to the National Park Service.

None of those in the group are from Utah, said Kane County Chief Deputy Sheriff Tracy Glover. Officials are not releasing names of the people in the party until they notify next of kin.

Rangers searched until dark Saturday night, and they resumed the search early Sunday morning with help from the Kane County Sheriff's Office, San Juan County and Utah State Parks.

The cause of the accident remains under investigation, but survivors told rangers their boat sank around 5 p.m. Utah time after taking on water during a wind storm.

"We don't suspect foul play at this time, but it's still under investigation," Glover said.

pray for TT & BP

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

Although we as a police family know the names of those involved, please refrain from from posting names or personal information until it is released to the public.

May your hearts and prayers go out to their families.

Mod 161

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/43745107.html

Here is a link to a local news station reporting the accident that my Uncle & Aunt were involved in. Please keep my family in your prayers as my Uncle is still missing and my Aunt was killed in the accident. They were not experienced enough to deal with the strong sudden winds that capsized the craft. Also pray for the other woman who lost her life and the other retired officer that is also missing along with my Uncle. There was 2 survivors who were treated and released, a man and woman. Names will be released pending the notification of next of kin to all who were involved.

Robert and Katherine are my Aunt and Uncle. Please pray for the safe return of my Uncle who is still missing. Also pray for my Aunt who lost her life in this tragic accident and for the other couples who were also involved.

St. Petersburg woman dies in Utah boat sinking, others missing

Associated Press
    Posted: Apr 27, 2009 12:02 AM

SALT LAKE CITY — A St. Petersburg woman is among the dead and missing after a boat sank in Lake Powell on Saturday.

Officials said a 20-foot speedboat carrying three couples from Florida and Arizona sank late Saturday afternoon in windy conditions.

Two women died and two men are missing. Brian Sweatland with the National Park Service said the bodies of two people have been recovered: Katherine Prescott of St. Petersburg and Mary Anne Taranto, of Prescott Valley, Ariz.

Search crews spent Sunday looking for the other two who were on board when the boat sank. As of Sunday evening, there was still no sign of Terry Michael Taranto of Prescott Valley, Ariz., and Robert Prescott of St. Petersburg.

The search is scheduled to resume Monday morning. Two people — James and Heather Brady of St. Pete Beach, — survived and were treated for hypothermia, Sweatland said.

[Last modified: Apr 27, 2009 12:19 AM]

Very very sad. My prayers go out to the families.

This is a very sad day for SPPD. More than likely most of who will visit this thread know the people involved. We should all take a moment and reflect on how lucky we are and how terrible this must be for the families and loved ones of Bob & Terry.

May God have a restful place for them.

This is hard to imagine.

For those in the know its also a sad day at Yavapai College.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast