Officer of the Year
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Officer of the Year

Who do you think will receive officer of the year at the East Hillsborough Appreciation dinner this year? Havent heard much positive stuff coming from the ranks this year so it should be interesting to see.

Re: Officer of the Year

I think,,,,Sgt. Schultz...he has my vote!

Lightbulb Re: Officer of the Year

I think Maurer should get it

Quote Originally Posted by guest222
    I think Maurer should get it
    HMMMMMMM....the fact that no WOMEN have been mentioned by any of you as candidates for Officer of the Year speaks VOLUMES.

My apologies go out to all of the Officers who bust their butts every shift getting out of their car, being proactive, and who are not afraid to get out on foot and do 10-50's in certain areas of the city and do more than just multiple S73's a night. WOW I didn't know that just doing one thing can get you Officer of the Year.

Once again our administration drops the ball and doesn't acknowledge, recognize or appreciate its X8 officers that hump it every shift. Is it really that easy for a department our size to be so blind when it comes to knowing its officers? Life saving award definitely, officer of the year definitely not. I can't believe her immediate supervisors let this happen but then again would Billy listen if they spoke up? Sorry for the 3'teens that we hear a lot about. This isn't a shock to me I must add, but I hear a lot of people stating they are. I tried to warn the 300's officers that this agency doesn't like officers that look for stuff to get into.

WOW????Eward?????Thought you and Gregory were friends. :roll:

This is a perfect example of the lack of leadership that exists within the department. I hear supervisors and rumors stating the reason Gregory got selected was due to a lack of nominations from anyone else in the department. Out of the entire department not one supervisor put one name in for the award with the exception of the married chain of command who are best friends with the " recepiant" . Has anyone looked at the actual date of the "life saving award"? It is actually before the last years Hillsborough award ceremony. Lot's of people work out there, and whild Dee Dee is a great person, she is far from employee of the year in anyone's book except for a certain Sgt....o well. Same old shiz.

Should be very interesting nominee speech from Billy at the Eastern Hillsborough County ceremony banquet :lol: Let's hope he goes first, so he doesn't have to follow the other agencies commanders explain their outstanding officer's actions all year long. We all know that he will be talking her up and maybe drop that line he so very much loves "I'm not just sayings this because......." 8) And if what I hear is true about officers writing reports and traffic crashes for her in the past and giving her their reports from precious report calls, so she could use as a templates, we really do work hard for nothing. I agree with the above posts and so has everyone else I have talked to. To answer your question Guest here, yes it is!!! When you have a Chief that wants to know everything that goes on (staff page) but doesn't acknowledge the work or looks at the stat sheets and only pays attention to the blue card slot what else should you expect. This agency doesn't want the community to know how hard it's officer’s work and what they did because that would reveal the true crime in Plant City. But not only do the civilians in Plant City think we are a joke but so do all the surrounding agencies, maybe if we did some press releases to let the people know what we are doing we might get some deserved credit. I would just hate for this agency to lose some of these good, young and proactive officers that this agency has needed for so long. Everyone this agency loses, does so well with their next employer. Glad to see the new Captains are helping make good decisions :roll: So much for new blood.
    We've been slapped in the face again!
    A Veteran Officer that has seen it all

Go read HCSO's LEOAFFAIRS site. Seems they aren't happy with their chosen Officer of the Year either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast