FOP Endorsing Regalado
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FOP Endorsing Regalado

Why is Armando and the FOP endorsing Regalado without having its members vote on it? Attention all members... This was not taken into a vote at the monthly FOP meetings.The FOP should be concentrating on FOP businesses, members rights, and benifits. NOT POLITICS!
    Armando you are at it again. This is not just about you. Who do you think you are?

What happens if Regalado doesn't win? Another fight with the mayor. Plus Armando is pushing for Burdan to become our next Chief and Regalado wants Exposito!

Re: FOP Endorsing Regalado

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Why is Armando and the FOP endorsing Regalado without having its members vote on it? Attention all members... This was not taken into a vote at the monthly FOP meetings.The FOP should be concentrating on FOP businesses, members rights, and benifits. NOT POLITICS!
    Armando you are at it again. This is not just about you. Who do you think you are?

What happens if Regalado doesn't win? Another fight with the mayor. Plus Armando is pushing for Burdan to become our next Chief and Regalado wants Exposito!
    HAMMER TIME, "CANT TOUCH THIS"

Burden chief???? What a joke!!!!

Opt Out Letter from FOP

I hope everyone is reading the letter they received with their FOP membership card very carefully.

They are planning on making a $30 dollar donation from every members dues to a Political Action Committee.

If you do not agree with this or do not feel you money should be used for political reasons, you have a short period of time to "Opt Out".

Remember that all donations are subject to election laws and there is no privacy in your "donation".

In other words, a list of all donor's or those who did not donate will be available to all candidates.

Let the political backstabbing and future retribution begin.

Re: Opt Out Letter from FOP

To get rid of the 4th floor, i will give more money then that. 30 dollars to get rid of BK-Thats a bargain.

Why are we still getting involved in politics? Didn't we learn anything from our past mistakes? We back Joe Sanchez then he gets in and does whatever he can to screw us. We back Regalado now, who is no friend of ours, hoping that he wins. And if he doesn't? We will be royally screwed for the next 4 to 8 years. And who decided what side we are going to be on? They didn't come to roll calls and ask for opinions. They don't even know where or when roll calls are held anymore. I got out 6 months ago. Best money I ever saved. Do yourself a favor and do the same. Its easy.

I heard that the FOP allowed Regalado to address the last FOP meeting, but he didn't answer any questions. I guess he wants our endorsement, but doesn't want to hear our concerns such as the Marlins Stadium or the Stabilization.

Now I guess he wants our money too. Wonder what is in it for the FOP board????

Ortiz is getting a pink pony.
    Frank is getting a new bull horn.
    Aguilar gets a a keychain with BK's photo on it.
    Kerr is getting a nose job by the city doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I heard that the FOP allowed Regalado to address the last FOP meeting, but he didn't answer any questions. I guess he wants our endorsement, but doesn't want to hear our concerns such as the Marlins Stadium or the Stabilization.

Now I guess he wants our money too. Wonder what is in it for the FOP board????

Quote Originally Posted by Why??1
    Why are we still getting involved in politics? Didn't we learn anything from our past mistakes? We back Joe Sanchez then he gets in and does whatever he can to screw us. We back Regalado now, who is no friend of ours, hoping that he wins. And if he doesn't? We will be royally screwed for the next 4 to 8 years. And who decided what side we are going to be on? They didn't come to roll calls and ask for opinions. They don't even know where or when roll calls are held anymore. I got out 6 months ago. Best money I ever saved. Do yourself a favor and do the same. Its easy.

Which anal assistant to the clown patrol on the 4th floor are you? The problem is that the lodge hasn't done enough in politics. Political professors say cops can effect up to 35 votes in an election by their endorsement and WORKING the election. Working the politicos has gotten police administration changed in the past. Lodge political action brought the hiring push in 1981. But quitting the lodge, is exactly what the 4th flloor wants done. You want change? stop *****ing like grade school girls and GO TO THE MEETINGS. You get the votes, the board does what you want. Very simple. But crying on here, or quitting isn't changing anything.

W

While I agree the PAC should have been discussed at the meeting, the school of fish mentality need to come into play here. If the union endorsed Regalado, we must fully support that decision and make that endorsement something to fear. In this current economic climate we don’t have the ability to appeal to the citizens and attack the mayor. The only option now is to ensure that those with our best interest in mind achieve their positions and that we have an integral part in that achievement. The opposition will have a larger war chest (can you say Marlins money) and we need to make every effort to level the playing field. The only might a police union has is the political might. Political campaigning is a risky game, kind of like no confidence votes, you better succeed or you’ll be paying the price for years to come.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast