6 vehicle s4

Thread: 6 vehicle s4

6 vehicle s4

heres the deal. on 4-14, shortly after shift change, ne district got a call about a sig 4 involving at least 6 vehicles on 27 up at sand mine rd. shift was already getting slammed with calls. deputy got there and said all northbound was blocked. said 10 were being transported for s41 and the driver that caused the mess was sig 1. no help to go so any s15 units in area were asked to help the onscene deputy. comm center was asked if any quebec units were available. no shift traffic unit.
    a quebec unit answered and sounded like it broke his or her heart when asked to respond. asked about how severe the s41 was. comm center said did not know, but 10 were being transported and one driver was sig 1 and units there were on a tac channel. response was something like find out if s41 is severe.
    give me a freakin break. who cares about whether its a sore thumb or a severe injury. you are a designated traffic unit. you chose the specialty. the deputies out here getting slammed with calls during a busy time didnt make you take the specialty. go do your job. im sure you were so busy. you should have jumped all over being asked to respond. take a little time and travel to the north end. you'll see how busy it is and how little help there is. guess what i heard is true, being in a specialty unit makes you feel to special to work.

Re: 6 vehicle s4

please its the same in all areas the shift deputies being slammed with calls in cops areas and everywhere else and you can go by a sub-station and see 2-3 cops deputies and 3-4 echo deputies standing there trying to figure out where they are going for dinner,,,both units are useless

get your facts straight, first it wasn't a 6 car accident. but i guess it sounds like a traffic unit type call if you make crap sound bad. second, the 10 injured were not actually hurt, they just wanted to be checked out, probably to make law suit sound better since they were in a hired car. and finally, maybe the traffic unit asked nature of injuries because that is what they are required to do by their supervisors since they actually get into trouble for working accidents that do not involve serious bodily injury or death as per general orders. so stop your crying and do your job. and if patrol is so bad maybe you should apply for a specialty unit, then you can be screwed with and moved around and have your schedule jacked up without notice.

First of all, traffic crashes, be they simple injury or fender bender, do not fall under the G.O. governing the response of a Traffic Deputy. You would know that if you read up on the General Orders before you whined in a public forum. The traffic unit was established to work SERIOUS BODILY INJURY crashes and traffic FATALITIES (hence the term traffic HOMICIDE investigator). It was not until the last few years there were even traffic deputies out past 15-1600. That alone tells me that you are of the new "entitled" generation deputies we hire that think it is ok for a LT to write your reports for you and everyone else to do your jobs. We are all trained to work a traffic crash. If you weren't and you were trained to rely on traffic deputies to work them for you.... shame on your STI. What you don't see are the 60+ page reports that a traffic deputy does on serious bodily injury, or worse, crashes. You don't hear them answer for trivial crashes because maybe.. just maybe, they are doing THEIR ASSIGNED JOBS. Maybe they are reading the CORONER'S REPORT or maybe they are doing a RECONSTRUCTION with math formulas that would make most of us hand back our traffic wings. All of these things I am sure, you have no concept of how in depth and time consuming they are. I applaud our traffic deputies, you all do a fine job, and I appreciate that you are out keeping our roadways safe. Thank you to Sheriff Judd for putting them on the streets at night so they may more readily respond to the crashes that meet the standard in place for traffic unit response and the prevention of said crashes by willingly assisting patrol by taking time consuming DUI investigations off of their hands. Yea youngster, that's right, in the old days.... we had to wait for a traffic deputy to respond to a page, return the call, get dressed and respond. We directed traffic, like in our JTA and thanked them for making it within two hours.
    Again....keep up the good work TRAFFIC, don't worry we got the small stuff... you handle your business.

Well said prideinservice. Dont forget the traffic units also attend autopsies as part of their investigation into fatalities. Adding more to the investigation than just at the traffic scene. Also the days they go back if an accident had occurred during the night...

now now 10-10.. dont cry because you cant be selected to be on a procap unit or cops for that matter.. but you are more than welcome to try out either.. I mean I love coming to work not having a clue what hours / days im working next ,, NOT ... I m not complaining, I knew thats how echo rolls when I signed on.. so when you're ready to give up your fixed schedule and roll out of your car and actually chase people, come on ....

It does my heart good to see so many posts stating what any member of a specialty unit knows. I would like to add after having been here many years this argument is as old as my term of service and was going on prior to my hiring. So, lets work together to do our jobs. Our only enemies are the suspects and an uncaring public. The first, is after all why we collect a paycheck. The second comes about when our profession fails to act professionally. So, please for your honor, mine honor, and for those who have come before and will come after us tough’ in up. Work the crashes, the DUIs, the burglaries, and what ever else comes your way. If you must grip do it behind closed doors and not on the internet. After all, I heard it from a TV show, we in this profession have front row seats to the greatest show on earth.

Be safe my brothers and sisters
    8)

To the above as I said to you on the other post, are you sure you not on the promotional list ??