NEW TV SHOW SOUTHPOINT

NEW TV SHOW SOUTHPOINT

LAPD Officers and Brass, I believe that new television show Southpoint or South something is representing or wearing the same uniforms as the LAPD.

In my opinion, that show is not doing the LAPD any justice at all. That show was embarrassing to the men and woman in blue and displayed total unprofessionalism that I know the LAPD does not represent. I would band together and get that show off the air as quickly as possible.

Before you respond to this post, watch the show and tell me that the LAPD lets a drug addict as they say in the show come up the car window and reach into the car past a rookie, come on. I can find a bunch of other faults in the show but any experienced officer can also. Get that show off the air LAPD.

Re: NEW TV SHOW SOUTHPOINT

The name's SOUTHLAND and it`s entertainment, not real life, no matter how real the make the show to be. Anyone that watched the pilot, ought to be sobered up by the opening statement that read something like "there are 9,500 police officers in the LAPD, patrolling over 5,000 square miles and 4 million citizens". As a former cop, I agree that no meth head would have gotten that close into the car, but I guess the producers wanted to depict the fact that often cops interact with characters such as this and that they are so well known to them, that sometimes, officer safety lapses, happen. As far as the show goes, I love it. Way better than that other crap that's soooo dry and humorless (NCIS, Law & Order, etc.).

I did not like it either its not going to make our job easier and the complaints of rude and ****y cops will pour in as shown in the show.

This show is rediculous. We look like a bunch of morons in uniforms on this show. GET IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!

What bugs me they try to portray it has a near life police drama,ala Hill Street Blues, with the bleeping of words, etc. But it is really mostly phony drama and bogus police reality. But, it is kind of entertaining........

i think its a great show and it makes me wish to be a cop in L.A. i really like the show. phony or not i dont think it makes u look bad. i love it so does the rest of America.