Step plan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Step plan

Step plan

Does HCSO have a step plan? How long does it take to top out and what is the top pay? Thanks for the info.

Re: Step plan

BS-I've been here 23 years and my 2008 salary was $64,262.

You will take what you are given and like it! You voted out the union and have no voice. Cracks me up that u been here 23 years and there are 8 year deputies making more than you!

Ive been here 12 and my 2008 salary was 72 and some change (LEO). Dont believe the old-timer.

BS-I've been here 23 years and my 2008 salary was $64,262.
    The final step for law enforcement and detention are not the same amount. Detention tops out at $66,808.00. I can only assume based on your salary you are not at law enforcement deputy or detention deputy, but a civilan employee.

Wrong assumption-I am a LEO-Started at $19,800 and glad to get the job (still am!). However I was a "victim of the "Hayes" study-three years with no raise, the "Pay Compression" fiasco, and didn't top out until year 17. We worked as FTO's when the paperwork was on our time, had many years with NO overtime, vehicle service was on your day off and you better gas up BEFORE you came to work. I'm glad the new folks are starting at a much better rate and will probably retire at $100,000 plus. The caliber and quality of the new hires is impressive, great training, spirit and work ethic! It's just a little tough on us "Old Guys" trying to make it through this tough economic period and hoping to keep our homes when we retire. Don't get me wrong-this is still one of the best agencies in the country and I still recruit good folks when I can-latest one was #2 in the class. Be safe brothers and sisters and remember-Bad guys go to jail-we go home.

I can not believe their is griping about pay, we have jobs and so far are not being threatened with layoffs like other agencies. Could layoffs be coming ? sure Does our Agency have issues we don't all agree with and have handled things in the past that would raise an eyebrow or two now ? absolutely but in all reality we are fortunate right now, we are not in the same posistion as some of the private sector or local agencies. I knew coming in I was not going to be a millionare and chose the job still. You had to jump through a lot of hoops to get here and it seems some days you jump through more to stay, are we the highest paid? no but we have it good here and make considerably more than most agencies in the area. I would rather take a pay cut or no raise for a few years before anyone here has to get laid off. So quit complaining or I am gonna guess your the type who thrives in complaining. :evil:

Well said, and I cant thank the sheriff enough for what he has done. He has helped us regain our position as one of the top agencies in the area. Cal definitely didnt help our cause.

Wr
    ong assumption-I am a LEO-Started at $19,800 and glad to get the job (still am!). However I was a "victim of the "Hayes" study-three years with no raise, the "Pay Compression" fiasco, and didn't top out until year 17. We worked as FTO's when the paperwork was on our time, had many years with NO overtime, vehicle service was on your day off and you better gas up BEFORE you came to work. I'm glad the new folks are starting at a much better rate and will probably retire at $100,000 plus. The caliber and quality of the new hires is impressive, great training, spirit and work ethic! It's just a little tough on us "Old Guys" trying to make it through this tough economic period and hoping to keep our homes when we retire. Don't get me wrong-this is still one of the best agencies in the country and I still recruit good folks when I can-latest one was #2 in the class. Be safe brothers and sisters and remember-Bad guys go to jail-we go home.
    It really does not explain your low salary, everyone was brought up to the top step that had over 10 years. You may want to look into that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast