New Guns for FHP 45's
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

New Guns for FHP 45's

This just in, FHP will be replacing the 40's in the near future with 45's. The catch is that you will be shot to fill the effects. LOL.

Re: New Guns for FHP 45's

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    This just in, FHP will be replacing the 40's in the near future with 45's. The catch is that you will be shot to fill the effects. LOL.

Please surrender your badge and uniform (if you're really a LEO) and report to the 3rd grade now.

I was told that TAURUS offered to replace all our weapons with brand new 45's and pay for new leather and FHP turned them down. My 40 jammed twice at the last pistol shoot for no apparent reason. These 40's have outlived their lifespan and should be replaced. If you want to replace them with new Beretta 40's then so be it, but replace them with something. My spouse will sure be pissed if I get killed out here when my gun jams, knowing that Taurus was willing to give me a brand new gun and FHP turned them down because some know-it-all in Tally didn't like the brand name. Taurus makes outstanding weapons and has the patten on numerous cutting-edge designs. They have a built-in lock on their gun so you don't have to secure it with a clunky cable lock. It would be worthwhile just to have the additional firepower.

Please surrender your badge and uniform (if you're really a LEO) and report to the 3rd grade now.
    I'm sorry my 3rd grade teacher was slow also to FEEL the effects as well. I went to public school unlike like you s-m-a-r-t-a-s-s-

Quote Originally Posted by What is so great about the Beretta?
    I was told that TAURUS offered to replace all our weapons with brand new 45's and pay for new leather and FHP turned them down. My 40 jammed twice at the last pistol shoot for no apparent reason. These 40's have outlived their lifespan and should be replaced. If you want to replace them with new Beretta 40's then so be it, but replace them with something. My spouse will sure be pissed if I get killed out here when my gun jams, knowing that Taurus was willing to give me a brand new gun and FHP turned them down because some know-it-all in Tally didn't like the brand name. Taurus makes outstanding weapons and has the patten on numerous cutting-edge designs. They have a built-in lock on their gun so you don't have to secure it with a clunky cable lock. It would be worthwhile just to have the additional firepower.

If you know so much, then name the agencies that currently use Taurus weapons. Taurus does not have any or very few contracts for a reason. For the same reason that Smith and Wesson lost many, or should we say all, of theirs. Just because a company wants to offer an agency the world for a contract does not mean they should take it.

The reason they are looking for a new weapon is because Berretta is going to stop making the 40 cal, because of low sales volume... I say they go with glock for the price they are hard to beat. My first choice would be a sig but I am sure cost would prevent that..

The state is so hard up for money why don't they do like most so's are doing in the state now. Have officers furnish their own weapons i for one am all for that , i would love more than anything to carry my Glock on duty vrs a beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by What is so great about the Beretta?

It amazes me how often the information is distorted on this site.

Smith
    Berretta
    and Glock
    offered the same deal. No company has offered to buy the leather.
    Most likely we can keep the mag pouches. The SSIII holster like the 96G are being phased out.
    So either way, new equipment has to be purchased.

The Taurus deal is old. That’s when CK was here..

Yes, it’s time to evaluate what we have. But the process takes some time.

Of course I would like to see us get the Glock 22..

I heard a rumor a week or so ago that Tallahassee was looking into Smith & Wesson's "M&P" line of autoloaders. I'm not sure it is true but my 43 was from a reliable source. Personally I would like for us to get Glocks (G21SF,G22 etc). We will see what happens. It will boil down to who gives us more for less.....

I heard a rumor a week or so ago that Tallahassee was looking into Smith & Wesson's "M&P" line of autoloaders. I'm not sure it is true but my 43 was from a reliable source. Personally I would like for us to get Glocks (G21SF,G22 etc). We will see what happens. It will boil down to who gives us more for less.....

My vote is for the Glock,,
    Better handling after slight recoil.
    Low Maintenance.
    Light weapon.
    All the Accessories
    Rails
    Magaiznes are cheaper if you need extra.
    Proven weapon

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast