PBA, the Secretary and The Lies They Tell - Page 3
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: PBA, the Secretary and The Lies They Tell

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Man
    CO and Central Office SES positions....

Ah....

Who in Central Office? the new mega rear-entry team? Probably the same guys who have always been cut. the guys that perform some function: substance abuse institutional and CC programs, staff development. The same guys that have a real impac on either recidivism and or officer safety.

Won't be one Bureau Chief. Maybe an Assistant Bureau Chief who will conveintly find another position. Not like 66 probation Officers.

Let's see SES field positions? RD's? DRD's? Maybe DRD's but then, if the department decides to let them bump (which they can do) it will be someone else that has to go.

More like Deputy CA's. They are the most vunerable.

I wonder how many of the SES field folks are also dues paying members.

God, you guys are sick.
    I doubt hardly any SES are due paying members as they have no contract protection whatsoever. Are they even allowed to be a memeber ?

The more I read it, the madder I got.....
    Your letter is good but I really hope you did not use the word, "madder" in your responses or future letters. Madder is not a word and it destroys your creditability. What you are posting is good but if you use poor grammar I can't see where anybody would take your words seriously.

Guest, you really out did yourself on the grammer issue. Speaking of calling the kettle black, how can you point fingers when most of your posts are full of falsehoods. I believe anyone who read the madder post understood exactly what point was being made. When I read your posts I often think is this a state employee or this a Burger King employee as many Whoppers you try to sell. Great job trying to pull a PBA, Please Blame Another, Order up!

I take the grammar lesson to heart. Angrier, angriest more angry? Where is an editor when you need one. Guest is right and I do the best I can to grammar check, spell check etc. before posting- even if few read.

The point here is I am personally tired of having CO play everything so close to the vest that it gives the appearance of ...what? Hidding the truth? Protecting a vested interest?

All it does is increase field anguish, making officers more distrustful of their own leadership. i would not believe a single utterance from the mouth of this secretary. Rumor has it, he's been offered a federal position at the Department of Justice. Good. Let him go.

What really galls me is PBA acting in the same manner. It's as if they beleive they are defacto management- overlords of the world they survey. They are not and my dues disappeared the minute I found out they sold out 66 hard-working, good officers.

One of these days, they won't have to worry about me writting an anonymous letter. I will be in the capitol calling them on every BS statement they make, sitting outside of their headqaurters with a placard that reads, "Your dues support the life styles of the rich and infamous."

To hell with them. They have sold us out at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Aubrey
    I take the grammar lesson to heart. Angrier, angriest more angry? Where is an editor when you need one. Guest is right and I do the best I can to grammar check, spell check etc. before posting- even if few read.

The point here is I am personally tired of having CO play everything so close to the vest that it gives the appearance of ...what? Hidding the truth? Protecting a vested interest?

All it does is increase field anguish, making officers more distrustful of their own leadership. i would not believe a single utterance from the mouth of this secretary. Rumor has it, he's been offered a federal position at the Department of Justice. Good. Let him go.

What really galls me is PBA acting in the same manner. It's as if they beleive they are defacto management- overlords of the world they survey. They are not and my dues disappeared the minute I found out they sold out 66 hard-working, good officers.

One of these days, they won't have to worry about me writting an anonymous letter. I will be in the capitol calling them on every BS statement they make, sitting outside of their headqaurters with a placard that reads, "Your dues support the life styles of the rich and infamous."

To hell with them. They have sold us out at every turn.
    PBA didnt sell anyone out - what are you talking about ? It is because of PBA and its members that administration is targeted for cuts by the legislature and not officers this year.

Of course they sold us out......

For over a decade, PBA has remained silent when year after year after year, vacant positions were cut from Community Corrections. There was never one utterance from PBA leadership. We were the cost they were willing to pay.

It was all-

"See! we got you $1,200 vehicle maintenance allowance".... Uh, no. You didn't. That was proposed by management. And to add insult to injury, $1,200 over a decade doesn't do much when officers probably average over 5,000-6,000 miles a year driven for the state. But, PBA doesn't know what the average is. They never bothered to ask.

"See. Four or five years ago, we got you a raise."... Uh, no. You you didn't. These raises came courtesy of the CO Chapter. In point of fact, one of the largest rallies ever held by the CO/CPO chapters and the PBA had absolutely nothing to do with it.

"See. We got you the ability to carry concealed weapons." Uh, no. You didn't. The membership had to scream and cry for about 15 years before you took notice. And even then, we had to pay for our own ammunition and training.

There is not one thing the PBA can say they have done for Community Corrections that was not the result of some one else's effort.

The PBA motto? If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe.

Horse shite.

And now you have sold out 66 probation officers at a price even PBA is not willing to discuss.

What cowards. What liars.

Ah, you want to take this Gil, Mark and Richard? You guys have been living off of our dues for way to long! PBA stinks. :x

DCA's are the quid pro quo.

Read the string, "Slip of the Tongue."

I can only hope that the future brings pay back to all those who are so short sighted, play PMOA (protect my own ass) and have no compassion.

Their motto will always be, "Hooah for me and f&*K you."

I think that ought to replace the DOC motto, "You'll never walk alone."

CPT Aubrey
    STPBA
    (Screw the PBA)

I just read a string advocating the layoffs of the DCA's.

What a bunch of boneheads to put it mildly. You have our own, eating our own.

Over a decade, each and every budget legislative session Community Corrections has lost positions. Almost a thousand vacant funded probation FTE's (OK aprox 858 if Mr Grant's numbers are correct). Do you know how many prison FTE's were lost during that period? I would like to say, "0" but I can't because I don't know. I would be willing to bet they gained positions though, given the number of new prisons.

Have you ever wondered how they fund those positions and or even how they fund overtime for those positions? Off the backs of probation officers. And the PBA let's them. Not surprising given the number of CO members versus the number of CPO members. That goes a long way explaining why the President of the PBA would not really tolerate an active vocal miniority CPO membership. It puts their salary money at stake. CO's actually out number LEO's.

Once more it's the day of the long knives. Do they cut Assistant Wardens for Programs? No, even though prison programs are now almost non-existant. And hilarity of all hilarities, they tout reducing recidvism and lowering the prison population by doing what? Why opening a new prison of course (Demeily).

Do they cut any of the admin staff in the four regions? No. What they do is target P&P once again. This time DCA's.

What a crock. And you have bone heads (like in the string and in the CPO PBA leadership) dancing around the camp fire because we are letting them slit our throats. Watch out for the arterial splatter. Your's may be next.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Aubrey
    I just read a string advocating the layoffs of the DCA's.

What a bunch of boneheads to put it mildly. You have our own, eating our own.

Over a decade, each and every budget legislative session Community Corrections has lost positions. Almost a thousand vacant funded probation FTE's (OK aprox 858 if Mr Grant's numbers are correct). Do you know how many prison FTE's were lost during that period? I would like to say, "0" but I can't because I don't know. I would be willing to bet they gained positions though, given the number of new prisons.

Have you ever wondered how they fund those positions and or even how they fund overtime for those positions? Off the backs of probation officers. And the PBA let's them. Not surprising given the number of CO members versus the number of CPO members. That goes a long way explaining why the President of the PBA would not really tolerate an active vocal miniority CPO membership. It puts their salary money at stake. CO's actually out number LEO's.

Once more it's the day of the long knives. Do they cut Assistant Wardens for Programs? No, even though prison programs are now almost non-existant. And hilarity of all hilarities, they tout reducing recidvism and lowering the prison population by doing what? Why opening a new prison of course (Demeily).

Do they cut any of the admin staff in the four regions? No. What they do is target P&P once again. This time DCA's.

What a crock. And you have bone heads (like in the string and in the CPO PBA leadership) dancing around the camp fire because we are letting them slit our throats. Watch out for the arterial splatter. Your's may be next.
    Well CPT Aubrey if you are right about DCA's being the sacrificial lambs to PBA I can see why they would want that position because that is the position that gets the most talk by CPO's as they don't see CO people or Region administrators.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast