National Anthem

Thread: National Anthem

National Anthem

Watching the begining of a Nascar race today it was clear that there is a complete lack of respect for our country or perhaps people are just not aware what to do. The National Anthem was sung and there were drivers, fans and crew standing there staring. Very few people saluted or covered their hearts. Drivers stood lazily with their arm around their wife, sunglasses on.
    I wonder what my son will think if he can watch the race from Iraq?

I wonder what used to happen to an Iraqi citizen who would disrespect his National Anthem?

Re: National Anthem

I agree w/you. Yes I am very upset to see American people don't pay attention to that. I am a naturalized citizen, when I am even outside of the US, i always stand & placed my right arm on my stomach as a sign of respect & pride...In Haiti, for exemple, you have to stand up & no talking at all when the enthem is playing...If you don't, you will severely punish, because It's a sign of disrespect...It seems like here, people pay more attention to the "Allegiance to the Flag".......

As a veteran of long ago, I am appalled with the poor respect our anthem and flag get now a days. It is sad and I think the main reason is because so many in this country leech off the few who give everything for the freedoms we enjoy. Time to get off my soap box as I yearn for a day long ago. I am just a citizen who ventures in to see what you young folk are concerned about today.
    Keep up the good work as your job is a thankless one. Remember always to make it home to your families.
    Peace.

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

the National Anthem is important and should be respected....however people who watch NASCAR should not

North American Stupid, Crazy A$$ Rednecks (NASCAR)... also known as NAMBLA