more cost savings - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: more cost savings

I think we should look at eliminating some of the civilian positions. I'm sure they do good jobs. Some of them, but come on, this is a law enforcement agency...

Six people in PIO? Please.
    What are all of those people doing in H.R. We're not hiring.
    How about in communications? Do we need a bunch of middle managers for 911? There are like 5 women in there with manager titles...

We took some substantial pay increases a few years ago due to the cost of housing going through the roof. Now, with house prices once again affordable, in fact even a bargain, perhaps it is time to give up some of that pay for the sake of everyone keeping their jobs. An across the board cut of say 10% would certainly help to keep the agency within budget while not forcing anyone to lose their paycheck totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    We took some substantial pay increases a few years ago due to the cost of housing going through the roof. Now, with house prices once again affordable, in fact even a bargain, perhaps it is time to give up some of that pay for the sake of everyone keeping their jobs. An across the board cut of say 10% would certainly help to keep the agency within budget while not forcing anyone to lose their paycheck totally.
    Are you for Real ????????????? Yeah we all got pay raises due to cost of living going up ETC!! Not everyone has a mortgage payment on a $80,000 to a $100,000 house. Let see Taxes didn't really go down (Thanks Charlie) Utility Bills are still high, Insurance is still up, Food Prices are still up, oh and not to mention we still live in Collier County Shall I go on ??? I feel for everyone, because we are all being affected by what's going on, but and yes there is a but. I am not giving up the money given to me in raises over the years and NO ONE!! should have to. We all work hard and make scarifices to earn the money we have. Great that you have an idea on how to supposedly make things better, but I for one am not in favor of screwing my immediate(blood) family out of anything.

Why do you guys keep talking about ideas "So that people won't loose their jobs or be layed off"

NOBODY will be loosing their JOB !

STOP POINTING TO OTHER PEOPLE SAYING ELIMINATE THEIR JOB, WE DON'T NEED THEM.

We will not have to cut people. BUT we will not replace people when they leave.

When your panic attack stops and your cowardly way of pointing at those next to you saying 'Take them first-- not me'

People will remember just how you acted when times were difficult.

I can see people today if they were on the Titanic, pushing each other under water so that they could save themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by no peaky panny
    Guest....."Training / Range

Captain in PRB / Training
    Commander in Training / Accreditation
    Lieutenant in Training
    Lieutenant at Range
    Sergeant at Range
    3 Sergeants in Training

"10 SWAT deputies with nothing to do."Can you say wasteful spending."

Here's a quiz......

The person who made the above statement....

A. Has no clue as to what SWAT does.....
    B. Has a job that probably will be eliminated/consolidated and has an axe to grind
    C. Has been with this agency for approximately 15 minutes.
    OR
    D. All of the above
    S.W.A.T.= stands for SIT, WAIT, AND TALK
    You are correct thats all they do, oh yeah and hang out at Luigi's in case you didnt know. If you shadow them they will probably act like if they are working or really doing something. as far as cutting jobs, hell yeah, all these LTs and above have huge homes with high mortgage payments, new vehicles,m etc. , they thought they were going to be here all their lives, so yeah, start demoting some and/or cutting their pay, that will save the agency and the county alot of money. if you dont belive me then go find out for yourself, do the proper research and you will be SURPRISED!!!!!!

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by no peaky panny
    Guest....."Training / Range

Captain in PRB / Training
    Commander in Training / Accreditation
    Lieutenant in Training
    Lieutenant at Range
    Sergeant at Range
    3 Sergeants in Training

"10 SWAT deputies with nothing to do."Can you say wasteful spending."

Here's a quiz......

The person who made the above statement....

A. Has no clue as to what SWAT does.....
    B. Has a job that probably will be eliminated/consolidated and has an axe to grind
    C. Has been with this agency for approximately 15 minutes.
    OR
    D. All of the above
    S.W.A.T.= stands for SIT, WAIT, AND TALK
    You are correct thats all they do, oh yeah and hang out at Luigi's in case you didnt know. If you shadow them they will probably act like if they are working or really doing something. as far as cutting jobs, hell yeah, all these LTs and above have huge homes with high mortgage payments, new vehicles,m etc. , they thought they were going to be here all their lives, so yeah, start demoting some and/or cutting their pay, that will save the agency and the county alot of money. if you dont belive me then go find out for yourself, do the proper research and you will be SURPRISED!!!!!!

Sit, Wait, AND TALK?? that's funny.....

Sounds like the rant of someone who couldn't make the team nevermind cut it as a SWAT operator. If it is truly as simple that, then why do you feel the need to call them out? if all they have to do is SIT, WAIT, AND TALK...you can do the same thing! The problem will correct itself. The invite was offered for you or anyone out there to Shadow those guys over at Spec Ops.......

So, put your fat a$$ in your camo shorts and thigh holster, put your hat on backwards, grab your 84 oz. big gulp, jump in your mini-van, and do some "real" police work...

Quote Originally Posted by yuma
    I think we should look at eliminating some of the civilian positions. I'm sure they do good jobs. Some of them, but come on, this is a law enforcement agency...

How about in communications? Do we need a bunch of middle managers for 911? There are like 5 women in there with manager titles...

What's the matter???
    Are you afraid they are going to realize a female civilian can do your job?

I couldn't care less what SWAT does or doesn't do! Most nights, I can't even prove they exist.

I dont think so. Name the 5 people with manager titles!?

The managers in communications are the workers. It's the commander we can do without. Besides, he probably makes as much $$$ as 5 managers combined but has the productivity of half of one of them.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast