Why cant you stop the killing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why cant you stop the killing

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Almost forgot Mr. Concerned Citizen. When you have a job and actually pay taxes like I do in this great county, then you can call yourself a citizen. But I am sure you call work getting a walfare check every month.................... Get a job !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do us all here at JSO a favor and go work for Nassau, or better yet work in some other state, it is people like you that cause us problems and lawsuits

Re: Why cant you stop the killing

Dear Concerned Citizen:

As an employee of said law enforcement agency (and this is only a personal opinion not a response from the agency) We do not have enough officers to be a proactive law enforcement agency. The officers sitting in parking lots are working off duty to supplement their 40k a year salaries. They HAVE to do off duty work to be able to afford decent not luxurious homes, average cars, walmart clothes for their kids, and maybe and i mean maybe they can squeeze in their sons baseball game or daughters cheerleading practice. The men and women of the JSO are the most dedicated people I have ever seen, they keep you safe at night, whether you believe it or not.. If we had say 300-500 more police officers, The JSO could then be more proactive in the efforts of stopping crime before it happens rather than being reactive and only responding to the calls. If people as a whole could learn to get along with eachother and stop thinking that police are the onestop fix all for simple arguments that dont actually require a law enforcement presence; however, if you want a police officer you will be sent one because they are their to serve the community in which they live in work. 90% of all the JSO officers and employees live in duval county, we want the crime rate to drop more than anyone else could think of, when we go to work, we would like to not have to worry about the safety of our friends and family while we are serving to protect everone elses family and friends. So far JSO is past 650,000 cases and will be well over 1000000 calls for service around october. With roughly 1500 officers including detectives and specialty units such as K9, Police Marine units, Air Unit, Mounted Unit, DUI Enforcement, Traffic Enforcement, OSS, Problem solving Unit, Task force, Multi Housing Task force, SWAT, Training, Tele Serve, Internal Affairs, Detectives, Integrity Unit, Community Affairs, Public Informations Officers, Reserves, 4wd Units, etc. Each unit having its own task to be completed usually leaves about 300 patrol officers and their supervisors to patrol the streets. We cant cut any of the mentioned units because they do serve a purpose, without the safehousing task force crime in apartment complexes would sky rocket, without traffic enforcement traffic fatalities would sky rocket, our community service officers (of which we could use alot more of) free up police officers from having to write lengthy crash reports so they can respond to more calls that do require law enforcement.

Dont take this the wrong way, but when our sheriff ask for more money, we really need it...

If you have credible information on crimes being committed I suggest you call the non-emergency number... not 911 and explain in short what is going on... the dispatcher, and receiving officers can provide you with the department in the detective division that can further assist you. If it is an actual crime in progress call the sheriff's office as the crime is occurs so patrol officers can respond and apprehend the subjects.

AS I SAID THIS IS ONLY THE SIMPLE OPINION OF A SINGLE EMPLOYEE AND NOT A RESPONSE FROM THE AGENCY AS A WHOLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12