Retiree Insurance costs

Retiree Insurance costs

Hey everyone,

I began a post in the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office forum regarding the increases in health insurance costs for retirees, who are being charged more than the active members who belong to the same group. My wife's premiums have risen almost $200 in 3 years, plus the deductibles and Rx costs have gone up as well.

One response inquired about what other surrounding & / or comparable agencies were charging their retirees for their insurance. (Broward, Orange and Martin Counties were mentioned in the post)

If anyone could provide information on their costs for medical and dental, including single, single +1, or family plan, in Network and PPO for out of state retirees, it would be appreciated. Also include if your agency provides any subsidy toward that cost (Ex: PBSO provides $16/yr for each year of service in addition to the FRS supplement).

Thank you in advance for any information you may be able to provide

Re: Retiree Insurance costs

After Jan. 20 we will all get free health insurance. REMEBER :roll:

Miramar gives its retirees $20 for each year of service which caps at $400 per month. If you take the cities Insurance which is Humana and take the HMO option and you are single you end up paying nothing if you are getting the max amount of $400. The HMO Humana plan is pretty good if you go in network, minimal out of pocket expense and quite a few doctors and services to choose from. You can also take the $400 stipend and get your own insurance somehwre else. I dont know the numbers for dependents.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Miramar gives its retirees $20 for each year of service which caps at $400 per month. If you take the cities Insurance which is Humana and take the HMO option and you are single you end up paying nothing if you are getting the max amount of $400. The HMO Humana plan is pretty good if you go in network, minimal out of pocket expense and quite a few doctors and services to choose from. You can also take the $400 stipend and get your own insurance somehwre else. I dont know the numbers for dependents.
    I forgot to mention the dental is Delta Dental and is an additional $30 per month. I think the Health Insurance is $390 per month.

The PBA is not fighting for the guys now, they are'nt going to fight for retirees.