What's this nonsense???
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What's this nonsense???

I was just watching the boob-tube... and they had the Leg. Special session on..

Not that I care what those clowns do...but according to Fox-35 in Orlando..

FHP will NOT be getting cars this year.. or uniforms?????? I couldn't have said it better... NO UNIFORM'S for Troopers... Is the State that screwed up that Crist can't even get uniform's for his LEO's....WOW..

Maybe the media has it messed up, or are blowing something simple WAY out of perspective... Anyone have any feedback to today's little tid-bit of news??

BE SAFE y'all....

Re: What's this nonsense???

Quote Originally Posted by dan1065cf

FHP will NOT be getting cars this year.. or uniforms?????? I couldn't have said it better... NO UNIFORM'S for Troopers... Is the State that screwed up that Crist can't even get uniform's for his LEO's....WOW..

Maybe the media has it messed up, or are blowing something simple WAY out of perspective... Anyone have any feedback to today's little tid-bit of news??

BE SAFE y'all....
    I think this is just the beginning. I will not be surprised at anything they come up with this next two weeks.

I heard we were parking all of our airplanes until the next fiscal year and putting the pilots on the road.

I have an idea,

How about laying off half the representatives in this state (we have way too many and they are all useless anyway, don't listen to anyone), stop paying for any of their things since they volunteered to run for office. Then, pay them not that of a highly paid full time employee since they only work 10% of the year, pay them what the average part time employee in the state of Florida makes. Then, we can start by cutting out useless programs, combining all State LEO agencies, laying off the bad apples. I think that is a start.

BE SAFE y'all....
    We are getting 120 new cars this year, instead of the 250 to 300 that we normally buy (Crown Vic's only). Look for SOAR to be cut. Uniforms I havent heard anything about that. I am sure there will be an email coming out from the Col. after the special session. Just sit back and hold on. All it will take is a major incident to happen, (like the I-4 pile up in Polk County).

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

BE SAFE y'all....
    Relax folks, comrade obama is ready to print all the money we need. Just sit tight.

We are getting 120 new cars this year, instead of the 250 to 300 that we normally buy (Crown Vic's only). Look for SOAR to be cut. Uniforms I havent heard anything about that. I am sure there will be an email coming out from the Col. after the special session. Just sit back and hold on. All it will take is a major incident to happen, (like the I-4 pile up in Polk County).

I haven't been able to get uniforms for a year! My uniforms were literally falling apart so I told our supply guy I needed to order more. He almost laughed me out of his office. Instead we had to dig out old uniforms from the back room. They are new but they fit me very poorly. What a great agency I work for!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

BE SAFE y'all....
    And what happened after the I-4 incident? Not a darn thing except our Colonel telling everyone we didn't have a manpower problem. I wish to God they would just close the doors at FHP because the way this agency is being operated is 100% shameful and should be criminal. I feel for the citizens and the people that work at FHP.

This is true, starting sometime this year all of the pilots are going to the road because of severe budget cuts; plus the pilots are retiring within the next 3 years and we still have not hired anybody who has a Commercial pilot's license. We have nobody qualified in the entire state to qualified to fly the aircraft when the current pilots go! Does FHP care, NOT.

Also, remember when SOAR was 32 hours, now 16 Hours, it is also being cut to 8 Hours per week,in the upcoming year. They are still going to require 4 hours reg and 4 DUI. Soon there won't be any SOAR! 208 is getting way too scarce!

$34,000 per year without an opportunity to make more, I DON'T THINK SO!

Im starting to think I have just wasted several years of my life at this sewer pit!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast